British Speedway Forum

Gary Peterson Memorial Trophy 03/08

Yes, Joe should take another week or 3 before he races again, It's not that we don't want to see him race - we just don't want him to get hurt again. The lad has done well to get back on a bike so soon.

Looking forward to seeing what Kenni Larsen can do, as I think he should be our 2nd double upper if the averages allow.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was looking forward to seeing Ludde back at Monmore :( Oh well...

After watching Sweetman's maximum win at Brum a few weeks ago, will be interesting to see how he goes Monday.

Will post updates on weather on this thread Monday.

[b

Yeah it should be interesting to see how Richard goes but I reckon he will struggle. I may be wrong but I dont think Sweetman has rode at Monmore and its quite a strong line-up.

Yeah it should be interesting to see how Richard goes but I reckon he will struggle. I may be wrong but I dont think Sweetman has rode at Monmore and its quite a strong line-up.

He has rode it once when he first came over last season, in Junior test match

I was there the night that Gary died. And as a male I do not mind admitting that when I got home I cried and cried.................................................My mom asked me what is matter and I found it so hard to tell her, I could hardly speak. As I type this I am welling up, that was my worst night at speedway ever. Gary RIP, your's is greatest sacrifice and you will never ever be forgotten.

I was there the night that Gary died. And as a male I do not mind admitting that when I got home I cried and cried.................................................My mom asked me what is matter and I found it so hard to tell her, I could hardly speak. As I type this I am welling up, that was my worst night at speedway ever. Gary RIP, your's is greatest sacrifice and you will never ever be forgotten.

I think that the majority of supporters who were at the track did the same, I know I did

R.I.P Gary

Edited by the.pits

I wasn't there, not even born.

But reading about it on the internet, I too cried.

It is a very sad story and brings home just how dangerous the sport is.

Being a follower of the sport, it's upsetting just to know this can happen to any rider.

Looking forward to this meeting tonight, interested to see who will replace Danny King as it's doubtful he will ride. Ole Olsen will be writing a tribute in the meeting programme and may make an appearance.

I wasn't there, not even born.

But reading about it on the internet, I too cried.

It is a very sad story and brings home just how dangerous the sport is.

Being a follower of the sport, it's upsetting just to know this can happen to any rider.

Looking forward to this meeting tonight, interested to see who will replace Danny King as it's doubtful he will ride. Ole Olsen will be writing a tribute in the meeting programme and may make an appearance.

Nick one thing that has stayed in my mind besides the crash is around 3'000 fans leaving the stadium in vertual silence

Joe Haines is racing for Rye's next match

maybe Joe will ride tonight

From http://www.speedwayupdates.co.uk

KOPIOWANIE TYLKO ZA ZGOD¥ ADMINISTRATORA

Please remember that these updates cost the texter and updater money, please don't ruin it for others by posting the score up before the updater has had a chance to update this screen

All Updates will appear in this window, please feel free to post any comments below.

Texter: SilverBee

Updater: Youngy

Line Up:

1. William Lawson - 3 2 2 3 3 = 13 SECOND

2. Lewis Bridger - 2 3 F 1 2 = 8

3. Ty Proctor - 1 2 3 2 3 = 11

4. Rene Bach - 0 2 0 1 EF = 3

5. Tai Woffinden - 3 3 3 3 2 = 14 WINNER

6. Linus Sundstrom - 2 1 1 2 2 = 8

7. Chris Kerr - 1 0 3 2 1 = 7

8. Richard Sweetman - 0 1 2 2 0 = 5

9. Simon Lambert - 3 1 0 0 0 = 4

10. Andrew Tully - X = 0 WITHDRAWN

11. Nicolai Klindt - X 3 3 3 3 = 12 THIRD

12. Jesper Kristiansen - 2 0 1 0 0 = 3

13. Lee Complin - EF 0 2 0 1 =3

14. Linus Eklof - 1 2 1 1 1 = 6

15. Kenni Larsen - 2 1 2 3 2 = 10

16. Darcy Ward - 3 3 0 1 3 = 10

17. Joe Haines - 0 1 0 1 = 2

Heat Results

Heat 01: Lawson, Bridger, Proctor, Bach.

Line Up: Lawson, Bridger, Proctor, Bach

Comments: Textbook gate and go from Lawson who was never troubled. Breidger steamed under Proctor bend 3 lap 1 and then tried to send him somewhere up north. Proctor spent the rest of the race trying to go that wide and failed to get close to Bridger.

Sponsored by Clean Cut Sports @ www.cleancutsports.com

Heat 02: Woffinden, Sundstrom, Kerr, Sweetman.

Line Up: Woffinden, Kerr, Sundstrom, Sweetman

Comments: Brave second bend from Sundstrom to round Kerr who, to his eternal credit, didn't always look like falling. Woffinden by a mile.

Sponsored by Steve Dixon www.stevedixonphotography.co.uk

Heat 03 - Re-Run: Lambert, Kristiansen, Klindt (X), Tully (X).

Line Up: Tully, Klindt, Lambert, Kristiansen

Comments: Stopped. Tully made a Klindtesque flyer but his chain, assumes SB, went going into the first bend stopping him turning and he eventually ended up on the floor. Tully going off in an ambulance :( with a sore hip he hurt a week or 2 ago.

Re-Run: Klindt literally stopped in front of Lambert on bend 2 leaving Lambert nothing to do except plough into him. Klindt disqualified.

Re-Run 2: Good gate from Kristiansen to get across Lambert but Lambert stalked him and gave it the 'Howe' cutback to get under him lap 2.

Sponsored by

Heat 04: Ward, Larsen, Eklof, Complin (EF).

Line Up: Larsen, Eklof, Ward, Complin

Comments: Great gate from Larsen who led until the last bend. Ward was last at the end of lap 1 but worked his way through to second. Larsen picked up grip and headed towards the fence at the end of lap 3 which gave Ward a sniff before finally getting the nod over him on the line. Cracking race.

Sponsored by Friends of Edinburgh Speedway http://www.foes.info/

Heat 05: Woffinden, Lawson, Lambert, Complin.

Line Up: Complin, Lawson, Woffinden, Lambert

Comments: Complin gated in second but his 250 couldn't keep up with Lambert and Lawson's 500's and was spat out at the back.

Sponsored by Splod

Heat 06: Bridger, Eklof, Sundstrom, Haines.

Line Up: Eklof, Tully - Haines, Bridger, Sundstrom

Comments: Good ride from Sundstrom to pass a tentative Haines and miss out on a midgets whisker to get Eklof on the line.

Sponsored by http://www.SpeedwayInfo.co.uk - speedway information for all UK leagues plus Grand Prix & World Cup stats

Heat 07: Klindt, Proctor, Larsen, Kerr.

Line Up: Klindt, Larsen, Kerr, Proctor

Comments: Kerr didn't look like falling off once and is clearly not trying. Boo ;)

Sponsored by Merlin

Heat 08: Ward, Bach, Sweetman, Kristiansen.

Line Up: Bach, Sweetman, Kristiansen, Ward

Comments: Easy for Ward who swooped back under Bach on bend 1 and cleared off. Kristiansen missed the gate and, unsurprisingly, was about an ice age behind.

Sponsored by The Media Gecko @ www.themediagecko.co.uk

Heat 09: Klindt, Lawson, Sundstrom, Ward.

Line Up: Sundstrom, Ward, Lawson, Klindt

Comments: Brilliant Race! Lawson cruised past Ward on the backstraight lap 1. Ward tried a desperate lunge round Lawson on bend 3 and ended up last. Sundstrom put some pressure on Lawson until Ward caught up and then rode 2 excellent Sitera like roadblocking laps to keep Ward at the back who threw a strop on the way back to the pits.

Sponsored by inthedirt clothing - inthedirt.co.uk - facebook.com/inthedirt

Heat 10: Woffinden, Larsen, Kristiansen, Bridger (F).

Line Up: Kristiansen, Woffinden, Larsen, Bridger

Comments: Bridger fell on the back straight whilst on the outside with Woffinden on the inside and Larsen between them. Bridger tried a massive blast round them both and ended up on his derriere. Did a great job to clear the track so credit to Bridger for that.

Sponsored by The Media Gecko @ www.themediagecko.co.uk

Heat 11: Proctor, Sweetman, Eklof, Lambert.

Line Up: Sweetman, Lambert, Proctor, Eklof

Comments: Well...it wasn't the worst race SilverBee has ever seen.

Sponsored by 09/10 Fantasy Football Leagues now available at www.fantasysportsfactory.co.uk!

Heat 12: Kerr, Complin, Haines, Bach.

Line Up: Complin, Bach, Tully - Haines, Kerr

Comments: Great vision from Kerr to pull the line to go from last to first out of bend 2. Haines was the victim of a 4 man backstraight squeeze and ended up last until the last bend where Bach nearly ploughed into Complin but somehow managed to save it but ended up at the back.

Sponsored by http://www.cablestar.co.uk - computer cables & accessories. Save 10% using promo code SPEEDWAY

Heat 13: Lawson, Kerr, Eklof, Kristiansen.

Line Up: Kerr, Kristiansen, Eklof, Lawson

Comments: Great race. Lawson stalked Kerr for 3 and a half laps before a textbook last bend cut back saw him get the win on the line. Great stuff.

Sponsored by Art and Stitch for all your sewing and art supplies – www.artandstitch.co.uk

Heat 14: Klindt, Sweetman, Bridger, Complin.

Line Up: Bridger, Complin, Sweetman, Klindt

Comments: Sweetman spoils the big boys party with an excellent ride to hold off Bridger. Bridger finally caught him on the last lap but an immature dive on the last bend saw him very nearly plough through Sweetman but he just held it.

Sponsored by www.enjaydesigns.co.uk

Heat 15: Woffinden, Proctor, Ward, Haines.

Line Up: Ward, Proctor, Tully - Haines, Woffinden

Comments: Ward went for a wild blast round Woffinden but cocked it up and let Proctor through. Ward went back after him and almost did it on the line but failed.

Sponsored by www.msj.edu.pl www.msjspeedway.com

Heat 16: Larsen, Sundstrom, Bach, Lambert.

Line Up: Lambert, Sundstrom, Bach, Larsen

Comments: Newcastle on a 5-1 for 2 laps after a great ride by Bach to pass Sundstrom. Sundstrom dived back under him and an interesting block made sure he got hold of second place.

Heat 17: Lawson, Larsen, Haines,Sweetman.

Line Up: Lawson, Sweetman, Larsen, Tully - Haines

Comments: Another great tussle out front with an excellent well thought out move by the, and SB says he never thought he'd say this, exciting William Lawson to get him the win.

Heat 18: Ward, Bridger, Kerr, Lambert.

Line Up: Lambert, Bridger, Kerr, Ward

Comments: Comedy first bend as Bridger aims straight for the fence and Ward dives straight back under, probably laughing along the way. Kerr got through too and made Bridger work for his second pace, took a stunning blast by Bridger to get the drop on Kerr going into the last lap.

Heat 19: Proctor, Sundstrom, Complin, Kristiansen.

Line Up: Proctor, Kristiansen, Complin, Sundstrom

Comments: Proctor pulls of what can only be described as a Harris rip-off move on lap 3. Comedy battle between the Stoke boys at the back missed by most as they watched the real stuff out front.

Heat 20: Klindt, Woffinden, Eklof, Bach (EF).

Line Up: Woffinden, Eklof, Klindt, Bach

Comments: Bach ef whilst in third after blasting round Eklof on lap 2. Great chase by Woffinden but didn't have Klindt's pace to pull the right move. Excellent meeting that was, sadly, under supported.

Comments:

Line Up confirmed. SilverBee recommends the Pork Bap and bread pudding from the Burger Van

© 2005-2009 All meetings are copyrighted to Speedway Updates, permission must be sought and we must be fully credited before they are used elsewhere.

Edited by youngy105

Unable to go tonight - Gary was a fave of mine in my second season of speedway and a tragc loss, now a domciled southerner and would really like to get hold of a programme from tonight's meeting. If someone could send me details of where to purchase one from, be much appreciated. Hope you enjoyed looking down at tonight's racing Gary - to me you will always be the cutback king on the second bend on the 'old' track!

If someone could send me details of where to purchase one from, be much appreciated.

Contact the track itself

Wolverhampton Speedway

Labroke Stadium,

Sutherland Avenue,

Wolverhampton

WV2 2JJ

or email in at <info@wolverhampton-speedway.com>

Interesting to see certain riders at the meeting, Darcy Ward as expected battled hard and could have scored more but for a rider drifting as he went to pass two in one move. Lewis Bridger who made a big run around the pack only to be suprised by a rider coming up alo9ngside him that caused him to go wide and under the fence while Kenni Larsen looked pretty good.

Ty Proctor battled hard while William Lawson yet again showed his true Monmore Green form with a great runners up spot.

Really though, Tai was way ahead and never looked like losing the top spot as the other impressive rider was Nicolai Klindt who messed up his first ride by locking up while leading on the first bend, causing a rider to fall.

Joe Haines ended up replacing the unlucky Andrew Tully, but Joe struggled until his final ride as he challenged Lawson and Larsen all the way in heat 17.

Excellent meeting :approve:

Some top action and a very well put together field of riders.

From a personal perspective I'm gutted Tully hurt himself, he was one of the main reassons I decided to go, as was Richard Lawson, who was sadly a non attender. Excellent to see Joe Haines back in the saddle though, tentative early on but gradually got better as the meeting went on.

Kenni Larsen unsuprisingly impressed, smooth and stylish all night long, certainly didn't look like someone who'd never ridden it before!

Woffinden was, despite winning, overshadowed by Klindt, who would have won the meeting but for his turn 2 mistake in his first ride.

Lawson was excellent. Whilst he's obviously done plenty of laps around Monmore he looked like a much improved rider to the one I've seen before. Using different lines and pulling off some excellent passing manouvres, top effort :approve:

I thoroughly enjoyed it and there were some very very good heats of speedway, just a shame that more people didn't come out to watch it.

Excellent meeting :approve:

Some top action and a very well put together field of riders.

From a personal perspective I'm gutted Tully hurt himself, he was one of the main reassons I decided to go, as was Richard Lawson, who was sadly a non attender. Excellent to see Joe Haines back in the saddle though, tentative early on but gradually got better as the meeting went on.

Kenni Larsen unsuprisingly impressed, smooth and stylish all night long, certainly didn't look like someone who'd never ridden it before!

Woffinden was, despite winning, overshadowed by Klindt, who would have won the meeting but for his turn 2 mistake in his first ride.

Lawson was excellent. Whilst he's obviously done plenty of laps around Monmore he looked like a much improved rider to the one I've seen before. Using different lines and pulling off some excellent passing manouvres, top effort :approve:

I thoroughly enjoyed it and there were some very very good heats of speedway, just a shame that more people didn't come out to watch it.

Good analysis, with the solitary exception of your statement as fact that Klindt would have won bar his first race error. Woffinden clearly knew he needed only to finish second in his last outing. He kept close to Klindt, and presumably would have tried a run in the event of error by the leader, but you don't chase what you don't need.

Cracking meeting, though, with an attractive field. Surprised you haven't mentioned Ward but he's no secret and one of the reasons I like this kind of event is the chance to spot one for the future.