British Speedway Forum

Swc- The Final

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is disgusting, running a rained off meeting in the morning when I have to work.

What am I supposed to do, accept the world doesn't revolve around me, record the meeting and watch it later?

How dare they fit the meeting in around TV schedules and other fixtures without checking with me first.

Unless they hold all the big meetings at stadiums with roofs then rain is always a risk; In which case it seems funny that there doesn't seem to have been a plan B. Either that or Sky just hadn't kept up and didn't know what it was.

The Plan B was to stage it Sunday!

www.pi$$edas.com has just returned to Wroclaw!!

We made a heavy indentation into the sponsor's product - onya LECH!! - and now we're gonna do it again tomorrow. Naturally I feel. sorry for all youse mob over there who hafta sit around at home but spare a thought for us mob drinkin' Polish Lager from 0730 tomorrow morning!! Earwiggo, Earwiggo, Earwiggo!!

We made a heavy indentation into the sponsor's product - onya LECH!! - and now we're gonna do it again tomorrow. Naturally I feel. sorry for all youse mob over there who hafta sit around at home but spare a thought for us mob drinkin' Polish Lager from 0730 tomorrow morning!! Earwiggo, Earwiggo, Earwiggo!!

I guess you were one of those that weren't planning on going to church tomorrow morning then Dave? :lol:

But maybe it will be of benefit to the travelling fans and enable them to see the meeting and still make their pre-booked flights home? :rolleyes:

Hopefully there will be quite a few travelling fans out there with late afternoon flights back who can still see the meeting, so I do concede the point.

Fair point, but does it not make sense to ensure that the Polish league can run tomorrow as well.

Why do i say that?

Because if the Polish league DOESN'T run tomorrow then they'll have to re-arrange these fixtures which will probably affect Elite League clubs with Polish riders. i.e. most of them.

I'm not saying the morning start is a good idea, BUT given the weather, and all other scenarios,there does seem to be some logic to it.

Personally I don't mind a morning start (gets me out of having to go shopping for a start) but you do make a good point. I guess we should all know that in the pecking order of world speedway, the Polish league do see themselves as above even the FIM. Can you imagine a morning start had this happened in any other country? The pinnacle event of this competiton shoe-horned into a morning slot. That's what rankles.

Yet they don't work around the Elite League? Or rather, the Elite League is not strong enough to force the GPs to work around it.

To work around the Elite League would mean to ride on a Tuesday (Sweden) or Sunday (Poland) because that's the only

days of the week that isn't used by Elite League (AFAIK, we also have a h*ll of a time being allowed two Wednesdays for the Swedish Elitserien play-off by the BSPA). I wonder how many days in a week is necessary to run speedway in Britain...eight I guess. :rolleyes:

Its a bum job BFD but someones got to do it and I cant think of anyone more qualified :wink:

I'm off to Sammy Millers and will have a few there if they have a bar.

To work around the Elite League would mean to ride on a Tuesday (Sweden) or Sunday (Poland) because that's the only

days of the week that isn't used by Elite League (AFAIK, we also have a h*ll of a time being allowed two Wednesdays for the Swedish Elitserien play-off by the BSPA). I wonder how many days in a week is necessary to run speedway in Britain...eight I guess. :rolleyes:

Only seven we rest on the eigth :wink:

I guess we should all know that in the pecking order of world speedway, the Polish league do see themselves as above even the FIM. Can you imagine a morning start had this happened in any other country? The pinnacle event of this competiton shoe-horned into a morning slot. That's what rankles.

very well put Rabbit :approve:

There is no way this is going ahead at 11:00am (local time) tomorrow... the forecast is for heavy rain all night, dying down to light rain through tomorrow. How is that track supposed to dry out by mid morning?

I agree, the Poles should have re-scheduled their League if they are holding the SWC... next year Cardiff has been moved to later so that it doesn't collide with the Football World Cup. How can the International Speedway Authorities organise the SGP to suit other events, but the Polish Speedway Association not demonstrate any flexibility? Are they more important? Dinnae think so!

But saying that, if it does go ahead, I'm diving down to the greasy spoon to get a big fry up Scottish breakfast and plonk myself on the couch in front of the meeting :wink:

forecast i`ve see is for rain or drizzle in afternoon......................