British Speedway Forum

Swc- The Final

If the meeting is postponed again and cannot be held on the re-staging date or

dates, the meeting classification shall be decided according to the ranking-list

(Art. 078.8.1). Highest team ranking, placed 1st; second highest team ranking,

placed 2nd and so on.

Gulp! 10AM restart over here. More importantly, rain damage to the track not getting much time to recover. Forecast not too positive from now and through the morning. Anyone know what the rankings are if the trophy is awarded as such. I want to get some money on at Skybet lol!

Edited by manchesterpaul

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...So what are you doing on a Sunday morning that's more important than Speedway?

If I had my way, we would have Speedway every Sunday morning :wink:

Going to church of course :rolleyes:

Better not confess my sins or I might not be out in time for next years SWC :lol:

Edited by refereerick

Going to church of course :rolleyes:

Better not confess my sins or I might not be out in time for next years SWC :lol:

To be fair a lot of Polish people go to church on Sunday morning - thats why their league meetings are in the afternoon!!!!!

I dont think theyre giving it much time for the track to recover from the rain - if it even stops...

poor planning in my opinion.

A bit stupid to have a full league fixture list the day after a major event - unless running a lot later than usual..... I say the same about Cardiff, who really wants to rush to a league match straight after - we all want a nice slow journey

Obviously couldn't be run tonight track was flooded, but 10am start tomorrow is a joke. Just because the Poles want to have their league meetings still in the evening. If they wanted to host the world cup final they should have known there was a chance of it being rained off and restaged the following day.

I'd laugh if it rains in the morning and they have to delay it to later.

Edited by Rob B

QUOTE (Rob B @ Jul 18 2009, 07:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Obviously couldn't be run tonight but 10am start tomorrow is a joke. Just because the Poles want to have their league meetings still in the evening. If they wanted to host the world cup final they should have known there was a chance of it being rained off and restaged the following day.
What difference does the time make? if you want to watch it you will, its also better for the travelling fans too so they can get back home before Monday and work.

This is a joke 10 am surley the world cup final takes priority over polish league matches.

Youd think so wouldnt you - another middle finger up to all the other speedway nations me thinks.

This is shameful...

even Sky thought it would be at 6pm - coz Charlie even announced it - then we're told 10am....

I like a lay in on a sunday !!!!!! and im ill anyway so I need to lol

Well that completely kills it for the UK audience - and people who don't have Sky or internet access won't, in most cases, be able to view it at the pub.

And your point is??

I pay £40 a month for Sky,chiefly to view speedway and football coverage, plus my monthly fee for internet access, and you complain that people can't watch it at the pub?

Get real.

Two words: Market forces. (Though I can think of two other words if you insist)

Edited by lastword

What difference does the time make? if you want to watch it you will, its also better for the travelling fans too so they can get back home before Monday and work.

Erm big difference - entertainment is more for evenings - so I can sit on the couch and have pizza and beer....

cant do that at 10am and it messes the rest of the day up - where I can be outside in the lovely sun like we've had today....

Things planned in the morning.

I don't think its better for the travelling fans, can't see many making the trip there at that time then rushing back for their home league meetings, think it will be half full at the most tomorrow.

Erm big difference - entertainment is more for evenings - so I can sit on the couch and have pizza and beer....

cant do that at 10am and it messes the rest of the day up - where I can be outside in the lovely sun like we've had today....

You just said you'll still be in bed you lazy sod :wink:

Tape it and watch it in the evening then - or barring that phone up BSI and explain and i'm sure they'll change it to evening to accomodate you :lol:

You just said you'll still be in bed you lazy sod :wink:

Tape it and watch it in the evening then - or barring that phone up BSI and explain and i'm sure they'll change it to evening to accomodate you :lol:

Dude Im far from lazy - currently very ill

yeah i did say id be in bed then in the sun - durrr lol.

I dont like to tape anymore, its live or nothing