British Speedway Forum

Swc - The Race Off

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, its now here.

1st question - was Charlie doing her opening report from Wroclaw or Leszno! Just a silly continuity thing but just wondered!!

:(

Bit of artistic license me thinks.

Backdop of railway sidings in Leszno not too glamourous.

Guest Ashie Smashy
Gutted, didnt expect this performance but I am gutted, people may say had Nicholls rode he would have scored more than King or Bridger, but we dont know how the team dynamic would be and Bomber and Rico may not have rode so well.

*fingers crossed for twitchy at the tapes Lindback and a bomber win*

A very good point, there is clearly a superb team spirit there, and whilst I don't know how other riders view Nicholls, upsetting the team spirit to bring in a questionably better rider might not be the right thing to do.

What about the Aussies, clearly Sullivan did not even show and as upset both Leigh and Craig based off their comments. Suppose the difference is, they don't need him!

What a great speedway night :) , gutted for denmark and also gutted that TGB didnt beat sweden to get to the final.. :( :(

Agreed there Lis.But i must say....no fan of Sweden,but i am pleased to see Antonio going well.Good also to see Nic and Patrick not outclassed and should gain a lot from this...... :approve:

Guest Ashie Smashy

I don't care what anybody else says, Rob Lyons did a superb job and has in my opinion got the boys performing better than any of us thought. I am proud of all Team GB, and especially Lee Richardson for the way he has conducted himself all week.

Gutted, yes they did well, but ultimately we did not manage it. As long as they learn from this then it can only be a thing. I do think we concentrated on just trying to beat the Swedes too much and I think perhaps we tensed up a little where as the Swedes and the danes went for it during the last 5 races. Still it was a better performance then I expected out in Poland, I am just gutted our SWC is over as its a brilliant competition.

I want the world pairs to be reintroduced!! I need more team international speedway!!

Edited by Sir Jasper

How come the Aussies were outstanding until they qualifed and then all of a sudden they followed behind the swedes

Can't blame them.Why risk anything when the job is done.And like Boyce said,they should try some other set-ups/bikes etc......makes sense to me

Guest Ashie Smashy
Rob Lyon.............what a complete d***, dropping Nicholls and picking Bridger and King has cost us a world cup final place.

Always one short sighted idiot. Winner of tonights prize....

Rob Lyon.............what a complete d***, dropping Nicholls and picking Bridger and King has cost us a world cup final place.

perhaps, perhaps not, Maybe had Nicholls been there the team spirit would have been not so good and others may not have ridden so well, the onus is on Nicholls to fit in.

All in all I think Lyon has done a pretty good job.

very very well ridden by Team GB i was convinced after AJs 0 in heat 2x that we wouldnt make it be we did it ooh boy.

And i dont wanna here any whining now about your team now they rode superb all evening.

Edited by Ghostwalker

Agreed there Lis.But i must say....no fan of Sweden,but i am pleased to see Antonio going well.Good also to see Nic and Patrick not outclassed and should gain a lot from this...... :approve:
Aye they will come good the young danes ,good experience for them in vojens and tonight....

Anyway hope to meet you in vojens in august? ..