British Speedway Forum

It's ok our younguns getting experience in the WTC but it doesn't really amount to much on the world stage, a possible 3 meetings I mean, so let's hope the long term plans involve some test matches on the big tracks in GB? Would the public support them though, would SKY be interested in televising them, could they be fitted in?

At the moment the young under 21 GB team are having an Ashes series against an Australsian team it's a shame that the power's that be couldnt get there bums into gear and organise a double header type event so that they could all learn from each other and have an evening where you have two event's the under 21's and then the senior teams. Think it would be a great event and can only do the sport some good.

It's ok our younguns getting experience in the WTC but it doesn't really amount to much on the world stage, a possible 3 meetings I mean, so let's hope the long term plans involve some test matches on the big tracks in GB? Would the public support them though, would SKY be interested in televising them, could they be fitted in?

Surely the test series that would pull in the crowds and get Sky coverage would be GB v Russia

...if only

lmao if you're as good as him you wear what the hell you want. Put team England and Russia on track together and the last thing you would need to worry about it what Emil is wearing. as he would be too far ahead for your riders to see his kevlars anyway. Stick to your own level, Slovenia, Czech Republic maybe even Germany and the US. Talking about mixing it with the likes of Russia, Denmark, Poland and even Sweden is just crazy.

lmao if you're as good as him you wear what the hell you want. Put team England and Russia on track together and the last thing you would need to worry about it what Emil is wearing. as he would be too far ahead for your riders to see his kevlars anyway. Stick to your own level, Slovenia, Czech Republic maybe even Germany and the US. Talking about mixing it with the likes of Russia, Denmark, Poland and even Sweden is just crazy.

Snyper, so are you finally admitting that Ryan Fisher is rubbishe? :wink::lol:

All the best

Rob

Snyper, if you havn't noticed its called teamGB, which includes all British riders, unfortunately Welsh, Irish and your beloved Scotland dont have riders good enough to even challenge the present English riders who wear the teamGB race suit.

hyberd incase you noticed all i ever hear in interviews with your "team GB" is England, England, fecking England. So dont give me the pish.

Rob he had a bad day. You cant seriously be telling me you think Ricky Wells is better than Ryan Fisher.

If you look at his results in the USA - erm yes lol.

The only people who called it England are those who are as uneducated as you - whereby you thinking your not British lol.

Or thinking N Ireland is part of Britain.

HERE'S a thought for you guys ... what do the five British riders at

Peterborough do next?

They can be quite pleased with their respective performances against

tough opposition in Australia and Poland but

did they go home and think about what is required to reach not just

the next level but to get to the top of the speedway ladder?

Did they ask themselves some searching questions? Is their machinery

good enough? Are they working hard enough themselves, on their fitness

(vital), diet (important) and technique (ask the likes of Mark Loram).

Or do they assume that just by carrying on with what they are already

doing will achieve their individual goals?

That is the key and where Rob Lyon, who has made a good impression,

needs to be taking stock. Unless you are an absolutely natural talent

(Ronnie Moore) nothing will be achieved without honesty and a long

hard look in the mirror.

Whatever people like to say about Nicki Pedersen, and there is no

shortage of diverse opinion on the BSF, all the British riders should

try and adhere to his work ethic to supplement whatever natural talent

they might possess.

PHILIP RISING

If you look at his results in the USA - erm yes lol.

The only people who called it England are those who are as uneducated as you - whereby you thinking your not British lol.

Or thinking N Ireland is part of Britain.

Apologies if i'm missing something here, but what do you mean by this sentence ?

Apologies if i'm missing something here, but what do you mean by this sentence ?

Northern Ireland is not part of Great Britain. It's part of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

They can be quite pleased with their respective performances against

tough opposition in Australia and Poland but

did they go home and think about what is required to reach not just

the next level but to get to the top of the speedway ladder?

Did they ask themselves some searching questions? Is their machinery

good enough? Are they working hard enough themselves, on their fitness

(vital), diet (important) and technique (ask the likes of Mark Loram).

Or do they assume that just by carrying on with what they are already

doing will achieve their individual goals?

I would hope that they are asking themselves searching questions all the time re being a speedway rider but like all young people they do need advice and guidance, if they are now receiving that from the TeamGB set up then wonderful, that's how it should be? From short convos I have had with Rob I think he has thought about all this anyways :D

Do they need to be involved in more hard fought international meetings or are league meetings enough if they are putting everything into practice?

Northern Ireland is not part of Great Britain. It's part of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

Hmm..

I'm from Belfast, and have certainly never referred to myself as being part of the united kingdom of great britain and northern ireland. We'd certainly say Britain but not the Great bit.

I realise that GB is only the mainland, but still, was a bizarre thing for someone to post imo.

Hmm..

I'm from Belfast, and have certainly never referred to myself as being part of the united kingdom of great britain and northern ireland. We'd certainly say Britain but not the Great bit.

I'm from Newbury and neither have I. That's what it says on my passport though.

Personally I think it is simple.

If we had gone into the meeting with Nicholls, Richardson etc, riders who, with all will in the world have reached their level and are on the way down if anything. We would still have finished third, putting ourselves in the same situation we are already in. The way it has been done however has helped our up and coming lads get valuable experience at one of the highest levels. Come the run-off, we probably will see the older guard back in, whether this will get us to the final or not is debateable, if I was in charge however, i'd stick with the young lads, let them have a go, who knows what they could do.