British Speedway Forum

Swc Event 2, Peterborough 13.7.

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's right about now that the big questions echo round your brain...

1) Why choose the biggest rack in the Elite League when there's a good chance you're going to face riders who thrive on tracks that big?

2) Why keep it at Peterborough when they made it pretty clear they were not supporting British speedway this season by not including a single British rider in their team?

3) Why not water the damn track???

Incidentally, the Crump/Hampel third bend clash was almost a a carbon copy of Saturday night's clash between Pedersen and Laguta - Crump, however, knows when to shut off his throttle....

Early thoughts. Good enthusiasm, but lack of trackcraft. Good track. Olsen obvs not involved

Vojens :rolleyes:

....and funny how "changes" are being mentioned quite often.......wonder if Snapper is listening? :blink:

Edited by iris123

It's right about now that the big questions echo round your brain...

1) Why choose the biggest rack in the Elite League when there's a good chance you're going to face riders who thrive on tracks that big?

2) Why keep it at Peterborough when they made it pretty clear they were not supporting British speedway this season by not including a single British rider in their team?

3) Why not water the damn track???

Incidentally, the Crump/Hampel third bend clash was almost a a carbon copy of Saturday night's clash between Pedersen and Laguta - Crump, however, knows when to shut off his throttle....

1) Im pretty sure its down to the FIM as to what track is picked. Team GB dont have any influence over the decision.

2) LOL, are you serious? Theres a lack of good british talent, people dont want a weak league, but also want Brits riding. You can have everything.

3) The track doesnt need watering at all.

Vojens :rolleyes:

....and funny how "changes" are being mentioned quite often.......wonder if Snapper is listening? :blink:

Im listening and hearing the word - Changes - but not what they actually are.

Do you know what their sprocket sizes, Jets, Cam set ups are???? No.

They always say "im going to have to change something" when asked the question - so whats the point in asking it - that was all I was saying.

Im listening and hearing the word - Changes - but not what they actually are.

Do you know what their sprocket sizes, Jets, Cam set ups are???? No.

They always say "im going to have to change something" when asked the question - so whats the point in asking it - that was all I was saying.

Because what would be the point of going into detail? Only you would understand anyway.....but then you would probably have rung them up to tell them what to use :lol: ...."changes" again....

Because what would be the point of going into detail? Only you would understand anyway.....but then you would probably have rung them up to tell them what to use :lol: ...."changes" again....

Youre really not getting it are you

I was asking what is the point of asking the question "are you going to make any changes" when the likely answer is a simple yes or no.

I dont claim to know everything... although do have experience as a world cup mechanic :)

btw 59 is a good one to use round Pboro ;)

Youre really not getting it are you

I was asking what is the point of asking the question "are you going to make any changes" when the likely answer is a simple yes or no.

Half the time the comments come unsolicited.....but like last week someone said they need to make changes to get more power from the gate.....that is enough....all we need to know.......but if someone looks low on power it would seem only sensible to ask about it..... :unsure:

Half the time the comments come unsolicited.....but like last week someone said they need to make changes to get more power from the gate.....that is enough....all we need to know.......but if someone looks low on power it would seem only sensible to ask about it..... :unsure:

in that case its fair enough :) and I stand corrected

1) Im pretty sure its down to the FIM as to what track is picked. Team GB dont have any influence over the decision.

I think you'll find that the FIM awards it to a country who then decide which track to award it to.

2) LOL, are you serious? Theres a lack of good british talent, people dont want a weak league, but also want Brits riding. You can have everything.

Certainly none as good as Claus Vissing, Ales Dryml, Henning Bager or Rene Bach. No, none at all... But then again, when was the last time Peterborough were interested in a top Brit? Ian Barney? ;)

3) The track doesnt need watering at all.

I guess I must have missed the water truck that came out after I posted. But then it's a Buster track...

Budgie while the team is being changed to England then the Scots can also fire together 5 guys and get a team stuck in there.

Stuck in where? A Scottish team would be hilarious, bring it on!!! :lol::lol::lol: