British Speedway Forum

Swc Event 2, Peterborough 13.7.

I am not surprised that Poles beat Aussies... Pity... I was really hoping Aussies would get straight into the final. Due to Danes' problems they should get in anyway.

Sullivan didn't perform as well as he should have and that's basically the reason. Results from Miedzinski or Protasiewicz are not surprising - the first one has a really brilliant season this year and Pepe is experienced (although he's been poor GP rider) and quite regular.

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done to the lads, no lack of effort there. In future keep Olsen away from track prep because last night showed what sort of entertainment a real track can serve up. As for Gollob and his antics in the last heat give him a one match ban, oh that would be the final then, tough s*"! arrogant sod.

Well, £20 was well spent last night :approve:

Compared to our performance at Coventry last year, I thought we done a lot better. The atmosphere was fantastic and the racing was top notch. The Pole supporters probably added to the atmosphere with their crazy antics (funny stuff :lol: ) but they're just really passionate about their speedway and they were just enjoying themselves. We were sat in the stand just coming out of bend 4 and we had quite a few Poles around us, but they were only chanting, dancing and waving flags and banners about, which I don't see a problem with, but I was told some were behaving badly on the back straight. I suppose we were just lucky to have some decent ones near us!

Team GB done themselves proud last night. This year, they rode like they all wanted to give it their all. They all tried. No one can ask anymore of them than that. Compared to last year, I think that's a step in the right direction. Of course Danny King deserves a special mention. What a bloke! For us, he was worth the entrance fee alone. Such a shame to see him ending his night with an EF - I bet he swore after!

Anyway...on to the race off now. I hope GB shows as much fight in Poland as what they did last night B)

Great post, and totally agree! :approve: I love the Poles.... I loved them at Cardiff this year and last, and I loved them last night ! They are so excitable and patriotic, and certainly know how to enjoy themsleves. Some of us staid Brits ought to loosen up a bit and take a leaf out of their books ! I could sit and watch their antics for hours !

Had an amazing time last night - didn't want the evening to end !

Wish I was going to Lezno..... :sad:

Great selection . It gave the team ATTITUDE which the usual suspects wouldn't have had. And they will also gee up Rico and Scot - if he comes in.

I don't think it fair to criticise any of the team but obviously some did better than others and on the showing last night it looks like Edward missing out. But I'm not sure about Scot and Tai.

As one of the few remaining loyal to Jawa has Tai got the right equipment?

I don't have Sky and usually can't be bothered watching many Gp's etc on a live stream online but i did last night and i'm glad i did, i thoroughly enjoyed that, top stuff!

Great post, and totally agree! I love the Poles.... I loved them at Cardiff this year and last, and I loved them last night ! They are so excitable and patriotic, and certainly know how to enjoy themsleves. Some of us staid Brits ought to loosen up a bit and take a leaf out of their books ! I could sit and watch their antics for hours !

It's the drink that makes them "loosen up" innit?

good meeting last night, the result from our perspective was what was to be expected, the team did not let us down; Danny King was a revelation and surprised quite a few people I would imagine, Lewis will relive beating Gollob as well.

Stick with that team, we are not going to progress on Thursday, so we may as well use the experience as a learning curve for the future, but Lyons must instruct them to go out and ENJOY the whole thing and learn from it.

Also good to see Richardson and Loram amongst the team, even though Lee may have been dissappointed not to have been riding, he was man enough to turn up and offer advice and assistance if it was needed; pity Nicholls chose not to, perhaps he had more important matters to attend to?!

I thought it was an excellent meeting last night. Never really expected GB to get to the next round, and thought we did okay. I, like many, was dubious about Danny King's inclusion in the side based on recent EL form, but I think he proved Lyons strategy correct with his performance.

Had Rico been riding instead of King we still wouldn't have qualified, but would have come a bit closer no doubt. But King showed he was able to raise his game, whereas Ed Kennett wasn't, and, as such has probably earned selection for the race-off. Had King not ridden last night, then I think it would have been even more of a gamble to drop, say, Kennett and try him in Poland.

Still not convinced he'll do much in Poland, but certainly worth a shot after last night.

Biggest revelation for me was Miedzinski. Looked a different rider to the one who was at Swindon a few years back. Well, until he took his helmet off. He looked like the same rider then.

What a great advert for Speedway.

I've been a fan for over forty years and I'm pressed to remember a better race than that between Matej Zagar and Jason Crump.

A well-prepared track, courtesy of a decent drenching shower at about 1600 hrs followed by a drying wind, not to mention some sterling work by the locals, set the scene for a truly exciting event. The team spirit was evident earlier on at practise and continued throughout the day - I was most impressed with Rob Lyon's performance as Team GB manager; he's created a well-bonded group of young riders which can only bode well for the future.

I just wish some of the armchair critics would get off his back and give him the credit he deserves, but then judging by some of the comments on this thread the Whingeing Poms are in the majority on this forum - sometimes I truly doubt if many of them actually know what's involved with Speedway judging by their ill-informed diatribes, let alone whether they leave their keyboards and attend any meetings.

It was good during practise to be able to observe at close quarters the way the four teams set themselves for the day. The easy-going attitude of Team Oz masking a fierce determination to win; the inner strength of the Slovenians aware they were on a hiding to nothing but set to show their best; the disciplined Polish side on a mission to succeed on foreign soil in front of their many British-based fans and last but definitely not least Team GB on a team-building exercise that not only proved fruitful but points to better days ahead.

On a negative note I thought the ref was a bit harsh excluding Tomasz Gollob as the last race was held up for some considerable time by the antics of a genuine Wally and the ineffective efforts of Track Security to apprehend him speedily enough - I'm sure Tomasz would have been apprehensive of bodily harm from the potty Polish trespasser, and for me the whole episode took the gloss off what otherwise was a flawless meet.

It was wonderful to catch up with so many old acquaintances and make many new friends - but onward and upward to Leszno I reckon, and hopefully I'll see a few of you there.

good meeting last night, the result from our perspective was what was to be expected, the team did not let us down; Danny King was a revelation and surprised quite a few people I would imagine, Lewis will relive beating Gollob as well.

Stick with that team, we are not going to progress on Thursday, so we may as well use the experience as a learning curve for the future, but Lyons must instruct them to go out and ENJOY the whole thing and learn from it.

Also good to see Richardson and Loram amongst the team, even though Lee may have been dissappointed not to have been riding, he was man enough to turn up and offer advice and assistance if it was needed; pity Nicholls chose not to, perhaps he had more important matters to attend to?!

I think knowing Rob as we do that is exactly what he would have and will do

Had Rico been riding instead of King we still wouldn't have qualified, but would have come a bit closer no doubt.

So why would Rico have been riding instead of King? It's only fans on here who were ridiculing Dannys selection, maybe Rob would have picked Rico before Tai or Lewis in which case we'd have been a bit closer still! :wink:

Shazzy im fully aware i can support who i want. But im called a xenophobe if i dont support "team gb" so i was asking is it really expected to gain support from all the "home nations" when they kept making it more than clear it was England and no one else. Maybe now Snapper will come down from that high horse and see sense. Then he may even see why i love seeing them getting stuffed.

I love how the English are screaming about how well they did. You finished 3rd from 3teams and 1 extra rider. Not really much to shout about is it really? The Aussies, Swedes and Danes really are going to give you a master class in SWC racing on Thursday.