British Speedway Forum

Elite League Pairs 08/08

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so does any one actually know when and where this is being held as i have already booked the time off for the 8th from work and i want to be going but need to change holiday if needed!!!!

so does any one actually know when and where this is being held as i have already booked the time off for the 8th from work and i want to be going but need to change holiday if needed!!!!

Wish we knew. Ask the BSPA ?

So who has actually cancelled it?

The club or Sky/the BSPA?

If it is the latter, then it is just another example of Sky interfering in our league because it may interfere with their precious TV schedule; this meeting has been scheduled since the start of the season, the BSPA were well aware of that; just another example of their total lack of regard for the fans.

I can't tell you how bloody angry I am about us loosing this meeting, if's it's been taken from us or if we let it go for financial reasons (Bob promised season ticket holders 'free' entry to this shared event as a bonus!) we will probably not find out due to the usual wall of silence from the ivory towers! With all thats gone on this year I'm really starting to wonder why I bother going any more?

i dont think so there was a poor turnout for the British Final and it should be at track centrally located to enable most fans to get to it.

My money is on swindon the home of the champions

Funny how meetings that get re-scheduled often end up at Swindon, did'nt one get re-arranged there last season?

Let's see, who is involved with Swindon?

Oh yes, a "certain person", the same "certain person" who is so frightfully chummy with Sky!

The same Sky that seem to be partly instrumental in losing us this meeting due to their ****** TV schedule.

Now, if I was of a suspicious nature..............................................!? :blink:

Funny how meetings that get re-scheduled often end up at Swindon, did'nt one get re-arranged there last season?

Oh yes, a "certain person", the same "certain person" who is so frightfully chummy with Sky!

The same Sky that seem to be partly instrumental in losing us this meeting due to their ****** TV schedule.

Now, if I was of a suspicious nature..............................................!? :blink:

Yawn.

BEES OFFICAL SUPPORTERS CLUB - STATEMENT

Thursday 09 July 2009

THE Elite League Pairs will not now be taking place at Eastbourne on Saturday August 8.

Although Bees are now there in the Elite League on that date, due to the events that took place last time at Arlington, we have decided NOT to run a coach.

Anyone who has already paid should contact us at the BOSS kiosk on Friday.

There is still a coach going to Lakeside on August 22 and when the new date and venue for the pairs is decided we will look at doing a trip there.

Taken from the bees website....

I was at this meeting and can't think of anything major happening that would provoke this sort of reaction. Surely it's not solely due to Bob Dugards rant before the meeting?

BEES OFFICAL SUPPORTERS CLUB - STATEMENT

Thursday 09 July 2009

THE Elite League Pairs will not now be taking place at Eastbourne on Saturday August 8.

Although Bees are now there in the Elite League on that date, due to the events that took place last time at Arlington, we have decided NOT to run a coach.

Anyone who has already paid should contact us at the BOSS kiosk on Friday.

There is still a coach going to Lakeside on August 22 and when the new date and venue for the pairs is decided we will look at doing a trip there.

Taken from the bees website....

I was at this meeting and can't think of anything major happening that would provoke this sort of reaction. Surely it's not solely due to Bob Dugards rant before the meeting?

Oh dear someone has thrown their rattle out of the pram :shock:

Leave Swindon out of this, it's not our decision not to run the event at Eastbourne :angry:

Oh dear someone has thrown their rattle out of the pram ....

I just hope no-one is going to start blaming the Coventry management for this decision as it is purely down to the Speedway Supporters Club who run the coaches to away meetings. If they have decided they don't want to put any money in Bob Dugard's pocket after his rant against the Bees last time then I don't blame them.