British Speedway Forum

Cardiff 2010

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont get the fascination with a fancy hotel room. You are hardly in the place so why pay some rediculous amount on it? i would much rather get the best seats in the stadium.

Take my day on Saturday for instance. Got up 7am at the B&B in Somerset showered etc. Breakfast at 8.30am left the B&B about 9.30-10am Was in Cardiff for 11 or so. Got to our room about 1 due to hassle with keys and locks then getting changed. We was in the centre for 2 i think at the pow after stopping for apint and something to eat on the way. That was us in cardiff centre until 1-2am on the Sunday. Back to the room for sleep up showered sunday and away for food and out the room at 10am. I really dont see the point in paying 100's on a room that i would only be in to sleep and shower. Ofcourse each person is different and has a different routine and that is perfectly fine. Just i personally would want a better GP than room.

:D

Sorry, the meeting might be great & atmosphere wonderful, but all that Jingoistic flag waving patriotism (be it GB Polish, Swedish, Danish etc) just make me cringe. Also the Sing-Along of "Gland of Grope & Whorey" just makes me cringe even more!!

Or am I just an Anti-social Git???

What meet up? I missed just about everyone lol

I saw you, but didn't know it was you until I got home and saw a pic of you! (I actually thought to myself at the time it could be you too...)

Doesnt the meal come before the meeting though? So the real drinking time wont be affect. Pre meeting drinks are a slow social event. The real drinking starts afterwards.

A visit to Chippy Alley at around 3am is traditional, then stand on the corner opposite the Travelodge and watch the drunks fight it out with the Police at chucking out time

Edited by Shadders

Am I being stupid, or is it £35 for a family ticket? :blink:

Well, £19.50 + booking fee...

I'm guessing you're got it wrong. No way would 2 adults and 2 kids cost less than the price of 2 adults! It'll be about £90 for a family ticket this year based on the fact it was £87.5 this year, £85 last year, £82.50 the year before...

I'm guessing you're got it wrong. No way would 2 adults and 2 kids cost less than the price of 2 adults! It'll be about £90 for a family ticket this year based on the fact it was £87.5 this year, £85 last year, £82.50 the year before...

It does seem crazy, but it's what it says on the website? :unsure:

Well, I'm stupid as well but it looks to me as if the adults pay £19.50p each and the under 16's pay £16.00p each, making the total price £71, providing they are ordered in the "Family Ticket" box. :unsure:

What section will you be in? :unsure: There aren't really any bad viewpoints in the Millenium Stadium. Some don't seem keen on the bottom tier, others don't like to be "up in the gods." So it's all a matter of choice. Either way I'm sure you'll have a great time.