British Speedway Forum

Nicholls V Sayfutdinov

I think we may be dreaming for a while longer yet :(

Let's live in hope eh? Be it Scott,Bomber,Eddiie,Tai,Steady,Lewis,Olly,Roynon and other British 'up n comers' (as it was known in my childhood days :shock: ) we will cheer them on stoically as any true Brit would! :wink: Let us not forget Ben Hopwood who could also be a future hope -- I have observed his racing in Poland and England and he does have a certain style about him :approve:

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about reviving the Golden Helmet match race from days gone by with an added twist?.

Both Scott and Emil can be armed with a lance and start facing towards each other at opposite ends of the home straight.

cant believe some people are making a big deal about holloway! as he ran past nicholls he pushed him... thats terrible isnt it !!!! i think the scuffle on track was a positive thing for speedway as its getting column inches. it happens in all sports and is nothing on the eye gouging that happened in a certain sport over weekend.

that must have been nicholls last ever cardiff appearance anyway

If the competitors want to have a go at each other that can be judged on the situation.

Spectators-and that includes managers and coaches - attacking a competitor in any sport is a definite no-no.

Agree with those who say the Nicholls/Sajfutdnov incident was nothing more than some adrenalin over flowing in the heat of the moment.

As for Ashley Holloway...takes a cheap shot at Nicholls and kept on running,

2 words....GUTLESS COWARD

Here, Here.

Holloway is a big girls blouse. Pushing someone and then legging it, giving verbals from a safe distance. What a coward. That on top of all the nonsense about "Danes" having it in for Sayfutdinov, its time someone brought Holloway down a peg or two. Way too big for his boots me thinks.

Let's live in hope eh? Be it Scott,Bomber,Eddiie,Tai,Steady,Lewis,Olly,Roynon and other British 'up n comers' (as it was known in my childhood days :shock: ) we will cheer them on stoically as any true Brit would! :wink: Let us not forget Ben Hopwood who could also be a future hope -- I have observed his racing in Poland and England and he does have a certain style about him :approve:

think if hopwood as young as he is had a future on the World stage he would be in premier league at this season

Here, Here.

Holloway is a big girls blouse. Pushing someone and then legging it, giving verbals from a safe distance. What a coward. That on top of all the nonsense about "Danes" having it in for Sayfutdinov, its time someone brought Holloway down a peg or two. Way too big for his boots me thinks.

Agreed,the whole lot of them need to get into the real world,cant wait for the next gp to see who they try it on with, could get ugly.

holloway, should be banned for the rest of the season. at all gp events / even that i dont think will cure the idiot. :mad:

It may have been said elsewhere - but I'm too lazy to go find it :rolleyes: - but is this Holloway guy related to Malcolm Holloway at all?

And why are we even discussing a mechanic for flips sake?????

It may have been said elsewhere - but I'm too lazy to go find it :rolleyes: - but is this Holloway guy related to Malcolm Holloway at all?

Cousin B he is related to malcolm hollo and after the handbags on the track he barged into scott nichools as Scott walked down the tunnel back to his pit did you watch it on Justintv ?

i read in a interview its his son. yeah why is the subject now about mechanics ?! who cares !! and is the fight between the riders that much of a big deal? did it really offend anyone that much? who wants it all clean cut and boring like F1 anyway

was hardly a "fight". If they had took their helmets off and went at it THAT would be a fight and Scott would be nursing more than a bruised ego :approve:

And your assumption is based on what? Your statement is purely childish and belongs in the playground just as holloway's actions were.

wolfy!!!!

well lets see Wolfy the smack that Emil gave Scott that sent his head flying back would of been felt alot more by Scott had he not had his helmet on.

My comment was meant to imply that people are overreacting.

Snyper!!!

I am not going to estimate on what would or would not have been a good hit without helmets as its pure speculation, scotty landing a good one himself. All i know is the little spoilt brat was peeved that scotty out done him on the last bend and reality struck him with how the night was going.

wolfy!!!!

What reality? That Scott is better than him? HA

Scott came across him hard hit his front wheel with his dirt deflector. Whether it was worth having words over is upto the rider in question. I think considering the event and the hype and expectation Scott would of been feeling more frustration than Emil.

What reality? That Scott is better than him? HA

Scott came across him hard hit his front wheel with his dirt deflector. Whether it was worth having words over is upto the rider in question. I think considering the event and the hype and expectation Scott would of been feeling more frustration than Emil.

No not that scotty is better than him as i can see that Emil has much faster equipment, the fact that he may not be as good as his no.2 standing suggests.

Do not know what pictures you were watching though as scotty was in front of him before Emil hit his dirt deflector. And if you listened to all and i say all the experts on Sky none could understand what Emil's beef was. If the move had been carried out by leigh Adams no one would be even questioning the move, just the people who seem to be infatuated with damning scotty whatever he does. Shame they do not spend their lives encouraging the riders they do support.

wolfy!!!!

Edited by wolfy

The experts? Who just happen to be the same nationality as the rider in question and make up excuses for him year in year out to cover his bad performances. Why would i listen to them?

I dont think anyone really knows what standard Emil is at as the series isnt finished. His 2nd place standing is not official yet.

Now to say he aint as good as that suggests is silly dont forget that he hasnt rode short tight tracks such as Cardiff. Now lets see him on the rest of the big wide sweeping tracks. See if Scotty is anywhere in sight to pull that move again.

The experts? Who just happen to be the same nationality as the rider in question and make up excuses for him year in year out to cover his bad performances. Why would i listen to them?

I dont think anyone really knows what standard Emil is at as the series isnt finished. His 2nd place standing is not official yet.

Now to say he aint as good as that suggests is silly dont forget that he hasnt rode short tight tracks such as Cardiff. Now lets see him on the rest of the big wide sweeping tracks. See if Scotty is anywhere in sight to pull that move again.

And Sam Emerlenko is what nationality?

And why the big comparison between Scott and Emil on the rest of the season? Why single out scotty? Emil will be riding against 15 other riders until the end of the season.

wolfy!!!!