British Speedway Forum

When will Ole realise that speedway tracks are meant to be wider than the 2 metre's he provides for the riders

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boring gp, made worse by the fact I had the one bet tonight and that was on The russian who rides on a Polish licence! very interesting of Huewen to mention the oversized engine rumour.

Emil has a Polish passport but he doesn't have any Polish licence. He rides as a Russian on his Russian licence.

And his engines are usually simply as good as Rickardsson's ones when he was the best - one step ahead of the rest :)

Emil has a Polish passport but he doesn't have any Polish licence. He rides as a Russian on his Russian licence.

And his engines are usually simply as good as Rickardsson's ones when he was the best - one step ahead of the rest :)

I think there are one,maybe a few rumours going round about Emil.I would like to think it is just based on total surprise(jealousy,perhaps?) at how talented the guy is.Some of the moves he is doing are amazing.He did though seem to have more power than most.Even when Crump beat him,i thought Emil looked faster but was just struggling to get the right line past Crump.I hope all these rumours are unfounded as he looks to be something special

If any of the riders actually belived Sayfutdinov's motors were oversize, it would only cost 25 quid to put in a protest and get it proven. But just think of the loss of respect from fans and fellow riders if the motor was ok.

The FIM protest procedure

Any person or group of persons - rider, passenger, entrant, manufacturer, official, etc., recognised by the FIM and concerned by a decision taken under the authority of the FIM, has the right to protest against that decision before the International Jury, except in the case of statement of fact.

Protests against the eligibility of a rider, passenger, team or a motorcycle entered, must be made before the start of the official practice.

Protests against results must be presented to the International Jury within 30 minutes following the publication of the results.

An appeal may be made against a decision of the International Jury to the International Disciplinary Court (CDI).

All protests to the International Jury must be made in accordance with the requirement of the Disciplinary and Arbitration Code of the FIM and be accompanied by a fee of USD 40.- or SEK 340.- returnable if the protest is justified or forfeited if the Disciplinary body considers the protest to be groundless, or if it is withdrawn without a hearing.

IMO this is media manipulation to undermine the Russian rider :neutral:

If any of the riders actually belived Sayfutdinov's motors were oversize, it would only cost 25 quid to put in a protest and get it proven. But just think of the loss of respect from fans and fellow riders if the motor was ok.

The FIM protest procedure

Any person or group of persons - rider, passenger, entrant, manufacturer, official, etc., recognised by the FIM and concerned by a decision taken under the authority of the FIM, has the right to protest against that decision before the International Jury, except in the case of statement of fact.

Protests against the eligibility of a rider, passenger, team or a motorcycle entered, must be made before the start of the official practice.

Protests against results must be presented to the International Jury within 30 minutes following the publication of the results.

An appeal may be made against a decision of the International Jury to the International Disciplinary Court (CDI).

All protests to the International Jury must be made in accordance with the requirement of the Disciplinary and Arbitration Code of the FIM and be accompanied by a fee of USD 40.- or SEK 340.- returnable if the protest is justified or forfeited if the Disciplinary body considers the protest to be groundless, or if it is withdrawn without a hearing.

IMO this is media manipulation to undermine the Russian rider :neutral:

Well i have heard something....and it was weeks and weeks ago......and it wasn't from the media.There must be something doing the rounds(i wonder about the thread by garf for instance....) and the media have got to hear about it........but like you say,someone should put up or shut up.

Ermmm....The two aren't mutually exclusive in my mind!

These days you have to be consistently excellent across several matches, rather than just delivering 5 excellent rides on one track on one day!

That was NEVER the case.. You had to qualify for the event (with one exception when the Poles seeded their allocation) and many a great rider fell by the wayside in the white-hot cauldron of qualifying.

But those who won with a tiny number of exceptions WERE the best in the world. Facing the pressure of having to WIN Speedway races against the best in a massively pressurised event against your peers at the top of the sport is EXACTLY what a World Champ should have to do... Raking in the second places week in week out is not, to me, such a good indication of a true champ's mantle...

But I LOVE Sayfutdinov - his tapes exclusion last night was a tragedy. How this teenager deserves to be World champ... :approve:

Exactly why Nicholls is considered worthy of his place amnazes me. :shock: For gawd's sake, next year can Tai be picked instead.. THEN we'd have teens matching the number of 38/39 (and by then 40) year olds in the Grand Finals!!! :wink:

I think there are one,maybe a few rumours going round about Emil.I would like to think it is just based on total surprise(jealousy,perhaps?) at how talented the guy is.Some of the moves he is doing are amazing.He did though seem to have more power than most.Even when Crump beat him,i thought Emil looked faster but was just struggling to get the right line past Crump.I hope all these rumours are unfounded as he looks to be something special

Bikes are 77 kg each. Emil is around 55kg and the rest are 60 to 65 plus. Even with the same engines the hp to total mass ratio benefits Emil greatly. If someone is good, then he's good.

Had a great time.

Success!! Thanks Heaps. :approve:

Tell you what tho' Youngy, a distinct lack of start tarts on all those clips from Denmark. :angry:

Also (whingeing Aussies!!) in the second semi I didn't see what caused Nicki to Kummagutza - Divine Intervention perhaps? :rolleyes:

Either way Nicki seems to be coming unstuck this year with his well-documented habits of trying to take the opposition out or staying down to stop a race.

Have the refs finally got him sussed? :lol:

You could call it divine intervention, BFD - it was a puncture! Nicki mentioned it in his interview at the end.

Edited by Pollyanna

Well i have heard something....and it was weeks and weeks ago......and it wasn't from the media.There must be something doing the rounds(i wonder about the thread by garf for instance....) and the media have got to hear about it........but like you say,someone should put up or shut up.

the normal crap again. ash is a talented chap and along with a few others is trying differant things with the engine. there are quite a few new designs coming along which emil will have the option to use and yes they will be far better than the rest have to use. if ya dont like it design ya own new parts.

regarding the sky comments they need to be careful or they might be facing legal action.

Glad the classless cabbage muncher touched the tapes. :approve:

He's not as classless as the idiot that ran into him earlier in the meeting, yet still tried to blame it on the guy who he ran in to.

He's living up to his cry-baby tag now though isn't he.

He's great when everything is going his way (including the decisions, see Cardiff last year), but when anything goes against him (including bad luck), he just cries & whinges like a big baby.

Let him clear off & take a holiday, at least the people left behind might show a bit of respect towards each other.

With regards to the meeting, it's difficult to know what they can do with the man made tracks.

The either seem to be slick bore-fests (like last night), or dangerous rutted nightmares (like Gothenburg , and in all probability Cardiff).

I guess it comes down to whether you want Speedway in big stadiums or not.

That said, Ole & his team seem to manage to made slick bore-fests out of some of the best permanent tracks in Europe too.

Bet Nicki P's sponsors are HAPPY with all the tv time they get while he having a tantrum!! :rolleyes: Laid out on track, ranting and raving in pits and on interview and boring the hell out of us with his little finger injuries etc etc yawn! yawn! With the meetings having hardly any passing....he does make it worth watching though. :lol:

I've heard a rumour that Scotts bikes are only 400cc, he has agreed to do this so Emil can have 600ccs :o

you have to love Nicki, he makes a mistake, takes another guy out then slags him off, he should be saying it was an accident but he is sorry that Emil was involved. Nicki can give it out more than anyone but is there a GP rider who moans more than Nicki when things don't go his way?

I am a bit annoyed that people come on here saying the Greg Hancock, Phil Crump should move over to make way for the 'younger' Riders. Apart from Emil Sayfutdinov who are these young guns to take over. Crump and Hancock are both at the top or near the top of the Standings - where are these 'young ones' .................................................... :angry:

I know who SHOULD move aside - and that is OLE OLSEN. His Tracks, as has been stated elsewhere on this Thread are a DISGRACE. :mad:

THE 'OLD' WARHORSE.

I am a bit annoyed that people come on here saying the Greg Hancock, Phil Crump should move over to make way for the 'younger' Riders. Apart from Emil Sayfutdinov who are these young guns to take over. Crump and Hancock are both at the top or near the top of the Standings - where are these 'young ones' .................................................... :angry:

I know who SHOULD move aside - and that is OLE OLSEN. His Tracks, as has been stated elsewhere on this Thread are a DISGRACE. :mad:

THE 'OLD' WARHORSE.

Do agree about Phil - time for him to give his son a go :wink::lol:

regarding the sky comments they need to be careful or they might be facing legal action.

I was thinking exactly the same thing

Surely a GP series worth its salts should be taking random bikes away for checks after every GP anyway? Even if it is to stop rumours like this starting

He's not as classless as the idiot that ran into him earlier in the meeting, yet still tried to blame it on the guy who he ran in to.

He's living up to his cry-baby tag now though isn't he.

He's great when everything is going his way (including the decisions, see Cardiff last year), but when anything goes against him (including bad luck), he just cries & whinges like a big baby.

Let him clear off & take a holiday, at least the people left behind might show a bit of respect towards each other.

Its all a show for him now isnt it? He is great to watch but there is definitely a fine line with the whole wrestling routine

Personally im fine with it as long as people like the race director dont join in on the act..... and nicki doesnt start doing body slams on people in the pits ;)

I've heard a rumour that Scotts bikes are only 400cc, he has agreed to do this so Emil can have 600ccs :o

:lol:

Edited by spook