British Speedway Forum

Possible Location For New Track In Ireland

It has just been announced that the Nutts Corner Stock car track near Belfast will open a new shale surfaced track at the end of June.

Could this be the first step towards Speedway returning to Ireland?

Could be, if a speedway promoter decides to pursue it; there's some seriously talented motorcyclists to have come out of Ireland in years gone by.

It might just add a welcome new flavour to 'Team GB'.

No, because Team GB doesn't cover Northern Ireland. Northern Ireland is part of the all-Ireland MCUI, and indeed the MCUI is based in Northern Ireland ;)

As you say, Great Britain is just England, Scotland and Wales. You have to use the term United Kingdom to incorporate Northern Ireland - something which shamefully the Olympics bosses seem to have forgotten...! :neutral:

As you say, Great Britain is just England, Scotland and Wales. You have to use the term United Kingdom to incorporate Northern Ireland - something which shamefully the Olympics bosses seem to have forgotten...! :neutral:

The official name with the Olympics is Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

The official name with the Olympics is Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

Yes.But if sports are "all Ireland" such as boxing then boxers from the north are included in Ireland team,rather than GB and NI.So that should exclude any riders from Norn Iron from being in the GB team :unsure:

Well Norwegians ride for Poland in speedway, Slovenijans for Hungary and GB used to have New Zealanders in the national team so don't think your point would make much difference Iris!! :lol:

Edited by Lake Bodom Comet

Yes.But if sports are "all Ireland" such as boxing then boxers from the north are included in Ireland team,rather than GB and NI.So that should exclude any riders from Norn Iron from being in the GB team :unsure:

I know that, I was just arguing with Parsons. All-Ireland Rugby team for example.

With the Nutts Corner ( yes really) stock car track near Belfast opening a new shale track at the end of June according to Rogers Oval racing page it must be the best chance of speedway returning to Northern Ireland.

This is the third time I have posted this, is there someone out there who doesnt want it to be known because it keeps getting removed.

With the Nutts Corner ( yes really) stock car track near Belfast opening a new shale track at the end of June according to Rogers Oval racing page it must be the best chance of speedway returning to Northern Ireland.

This is the third time I have posted this, is there someone out there who doesnt want it to be known because it keeps getting removed.

looks like its been moved here

http://www.speedway-forum.co.uk/forums/ind...p;#entry1514942

Yeah it's in the International section, really odd how there's a mod to do this sorta thing but all the trouble there was with ExGen and it was ignored, unless there's someone come to the fore since that, I dunno!

I agree though, motorcycling in Ireland is or has been very popular, loads of road racers, so perhaps they'll take to speedway big time .....................