British Speedway Forum

2004 British GP Tickets

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

£25 for the cheapest tickets?! Are they mad! I prefer to see proper racing on a proper track and get that for £6(possibly £7) at Newport so I have no intention of paying atleast £25 for the pleasure.

BTW, sat in L37(£25) last year and U28(£25) the year before that and they were better than M18(£35) where we sat the year before so just go for the cheaper seats if you're stupid enough to pay to go. If you want you can go to Cardiff, have a few to drink and get the train back to my house, sit in the living room and watch the meeting on the tele all for only £10 for one person, £19 for 2, £27 for 3, £34 for 4, £40 for 5 and for any extra just add £5!!! To make the atmosphere good I'll play who let he dogs out out? over and over again as loud as the sterio will allow me and if we al buy a mouth airhorn on te streets at Cardiff(£3 last year) we'll all go deaf by the end of the meeting.

What more could you ask for? I'm sure if you like my mum will cook hotdogs and burger for £1 each, much less than Cardiff and we'll also have alcohol for sale, prices to be confirmed. You can also bring in your own food and drink as well adn we promise not to search you for any sandwiches and bottles of Dr Pepper you might be bringing in.

Who wants to put there name down.

******LATEST NEWS******

If you book before the end of November you can also sleep in the shed for £10 per person for per night* where Wato, Smarty, Ander and Wilko sleep in the winter.

*Minimum of 3 nights, strictly on a first come first served basis limited room, though we can for additional cost take the car out of the garage and let you sleep in there. Please note the garage roof leaks!

Just to let you know that I phoned the "foreign" number 0115 912 9000 and purchased my tickets before 08.30 this morning. Get in quick if you wan't a specific location.

The tickets I purchased had gone up in price compared to the price for the same seats last year.

Witchnut

See http://www.speedwaygp.com/ Tickets now can be bought online.

Don't know what this air horn free thing is though. We're not soft, us speedway fans :D

Just one question. My son is due to do his GCSEs next year, does anyone know the dates?

After studying the stadium plan and the prices for this year, I had finally decided and budgeted for where I wanted to be...plan my morning like a military operation so I can start ringing dead on 9 and find that what was cheaper seats this year have shot up for next year. So in the end had to go for my fourth choice of seats..but at least I got on row 1, somewhere to hang my banner.

For those who want a quiet life...............don't go there!!

The airhorn free zones are small and scattered............have a look.

http://www.speedwaygp.com/newhome/cardiff2...r_horn_free.htm

Got my tickets there.

SCB..........40,000+(?) of us cant be all mad..can we?? :roll: :twisted:

anyone think these "air horn free zones" are going to be a waste of time? cos there are only 7 sections in the whole stadium where air horns are banned, but what about the other 119 other sections, its still going to be asloud as the previous years, it wouldnt be the same with out the airhorns!!!!!

AIRHORNS RULE!

Waspie

Glad I wont be anywhere near and air horn free zone............

I sat ground level last year, nowhere near as good as the 2nd tier....atmosphere was very hmmmmm shall we say quiet (even with me in there!!!) Did chuckle though the woman in front had a banner for Scott Nicholls as soon as he was out she turned the banner round to read another name!! hmmmmm nothing like covering all pockets is there lol

anyone think these "air horn free zones" are going to be a waste of time? cos there are only 7 sections in the whole stadium where air horns are banned, but what about the other 119 other sections, its still going to be asloud as the previous years, it wouldnt be the same with out the airhorns!!!!!

AIRHORNS RULE!

Waspie

yeah but it gives someone the chance to sit in an area where they wont get one blown in there earhole!..only fing i wanna know is if you get lumbered at the back of the air horn free zone wot happens if the person in the front row behind you in the air horn zone?!!..it will be the same effect!!!!

Glad I wont be anywhere near and air horn free zone............

I sat ground level last year, nowhere near as good as the 2nd tier....atmosphere was very hmmmmm shall we say quiet (even with me in there!!!) Did chuckle though the woman in front had a banner for Scott Nicholls as soon as he was out she turned the banner round to read another name!! hmmmmm nothing like covering all pockets is there lol

ground level id awful isnt it?....some of my 'entourage' tried top level last year and they hated it!!!!...midd level is deffo the best view.....mind you the view i had last year wasnt that great...apart from when i was taking a peak by the track entrance!!! :twisted: ;) :evil: got ticked off a few times mind!!!

Just one question. My son is due to do his GCSEs next year, does anyone know the dates?

Think you'll find the GP is slap bang in the middle of the GCSEs. W Vs H is doing them as well, but theres NO chance of stopping her being at Cardiff. :shock:

well wots the prob?? its a saturday event after all????!!

I remember having a bloody Welsh GCSE exam on the day of practise, I wanted to try and sneak in, then I stayed in bed the other two days :D

I have sat in he middle(4th bend) the top(entrance to 3rd bend) and the bottom(2nd bend) and IMO the top 3rd bend was best, and the 2nd bend was good, I think the only reason the 4th bend was so bad was not being in the middle but not being able to get a decent view of the start line.

If I was going to go, I'd go for back straight, top tier front row or middle tier front row. Middle is best if you want to get on sky, they don't show the top or the bottom as tey will show the gaps as well if they do!

I'm sure if I ring Red Dragon FM up on the GP weekend I'll get some free tickets :D