British Speedway Forum

Like many British sports people i think the one`s who are more highly thought of are the people who nearly make it. Once you make it to the top the knives are out, David Beckham had it Lewis Hamilton had it last year but now people are behind Button more. Once they get to the top then people want to knock them down again soon enough.

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a great shame though that you want Rob to fail before he has even led the team into a meeting.

No one in their right mine would want him to fail ..... if he fails then ...... TEAM GB fail.

Let's face it though with the exceptions what chance do we really have ...... although in all honesty that's a different thread :wink:

Is this a wind up about no National Anthem? I thought only professional sports with professional rules qualified.... :lol::blink:

Has it been played at previous British Finals then.....

Geez, some of you probably expected the riders to walk out on a long red carpet and the Union Jack to be raised and saluted on the centre green. :neutral:

Oh! and by the way, where were the fireworks at the conclusion of the meeting?

That is one thing that at the moment I am happy not to see.

If speedway is financially cash strapped then why waste money on two minutes of whoosh, bang, arhhhhhh!

What's this the Fairies are now Edward Kennett fans my how times change :P

A girl is allowed to change her mind isnt she.

Never disliked Ed, I just rarely saw him ride and never even shaken his hand.

Well, he's a Bee now and with that brings certain benefits :wink:

And I have found him to be a very polite young man with a great sense of humour.

Where can I order my Kennett Shirt ready for Cardiff

Is this a wind up about no National Anthem? I thought only professional sports with professional rules qualified.... :lol::blink:

Has it been played at previous British Finals then.....

Geez, some of you probably expected the riders to walk out on a long red carpet and the Union Jack to be raised and saluted on the centre green. :neutral:

Im serious about the anthem. It was our National Championship.

As Bomber stood on the podium having received his trophy the Anthem should have blasted around the whole stadium.

Instead it all fell very flat and photograhers decended!

Edited by Sandie

I dont think Scotty (or Bomber) would ever win a GP series to become World Champ. I do think he can win a GP as he's been 2nd and 3rd a few times so its only one or two steps up. He has made plenty of finals so at some stage maybe the cards will fall his way.

It just pi**es me off that some the GB supporters cannot get behind our guys. But then it's far easier to knock someone isnt it.

I guess that when Woofy gets into the GPs he'll be looked at as a potential world champ but then slagged off he he only gets to the same level as Scotty. Human nature is sad sometimes

I agree people are to quick to knock the brits

i thought the meeting was ok in the end with some good racing. The bloke who kept shouting 'whoaaa' at the top of his voice when 2 riders got close to one another was a bit annoying ;) and onto Average manipulation.. The comment i believe was 'matt made a big mistake by not leaving screen out of a meeting we had no chance of winning'. Isn't that average manipulation steve shovlar?;)

Edited by Jay

The reason I came to the conclusion that Harris wasn't the most popular winner was before the final the announcer said who is cheering for .... and both Kennett and Woffinden got a much better reception than Richardson and Harris. Most seemed to be rooting for Woffinden, due to being a youngster not affiliated with Coventry, and then Kennett. Harris was warmly applauded on his win but it certainly wasn't the people's choice of who they would have wanted to lift the title.

A very good meeting overall though.

Strange, because I thought that Bomber's win was very popular in the Stadium and among the Poole supporters with and around us.

Just the usual Shovlar stirring because he rides for Coventry, Pollyanna.

I've been to Poole and I've always thought their fans are very fair, like Ipswich's, and appreciate and applaud visiting riders as well as their own.

I can't imagine why any fan wouldn't like Chris Harris and want him to do well. I'd like to bet he got a good reception when he won the British Final so I'd rather believe you than someone who is known to tell lies just to wind people up. :rolleyes:

Edited by Gemini

Steve is right in that kennett and tai got a louder cheer when the lineup for the final was introduced to the crowd. Tai got the loudest!! But bomber did get a good reception when the trophies were handed out but not as loud as i expected as bomber has been one of the most popular away riders at poole in recent years.

WHEN I, at last, watched the meeting on the tv I thought it was really good, the riders were all so determined, the future for british speedway looks bright :D

Congrats to the top 3 and well done to all the riders, british fans can be proud of them all :)

Steve is right in that kennett and tai got a louder cheer when the lineup for the final was introduced to the crowd. Tai got the loudest!! But bomber did get a good reception when the trophies were handed out but not as loud as i expected as bomber has been one of the most popular away riders at poole in recent years.

Not over our side side he didn't :wink:

Not over our side side he didn't :wink:

Well a friend was screaming whenever tai came out, so that may have clouded my judgement! :wink: I was cheering for all of them apart from lee (only cos i wanted to see one of the younger riders get the wildcard, nothing personal against lee!), but when i was cheering for kennett i was getting some crazy looks, like i was insane or something! :shock: .......As if!

Well a friend was screaming whenever tai came out, so that may have clouded my judgement! :wink:

I was cheering for all of them apart from lee (only cos i wanted to see one of the younger riders get the wildcard, nothing personal against lee!),

:lol:I am with you there, although with me it is personal.............!

but when i was cheering for kennett i was getting some crazy looks, like i was insane or something! :shock: .......As if!

You should have been over with us lot, we were not just cheering for Edward, it was all out screaming at some points! :rolleyes:and as it you are insane, although you love of Danes does leave something to be desired! :neutral:

You should have been over with us lot, we were not just cheering for Edward, it was all out screaming at some points! :rolleyes:and as it you are insane, although you love of Danes does leave something to be desired! :neutral:

mmmm the danes.......... :wub:

......right back to the british final, got a bit distracted when you mentioned the danes! :wink::lol: Well done to kennett - be interesting to see how he does at cardiff this year...