British Speedway Forum

Rewind 30 years and no more than 2 or 3 of this field would have qualified (sigh!)

Rewind 30 years and there was only two or three riders that could go into the corner flatt out. Now most of that line up can ride for four laps flatt out, it will still be a good meeting with scotty coming out on top.

Edited by ROAD CLOSED

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am thinking of coming down to the british final,want to stop in poole overnight could someone help me,how far is the premier inn to the stadium thankyou

10 minute walk from the Premier Inn to the Stadium. Get yourself down nice and early, go for a walk down the Quay and get yourself a meal. If its a nice day, you'l love it!. best place in the world to be and live in the summer, assuming we get a summer!!. :lol:

But on the same token, make sure you get to the Stadium in plenty of time if you want a decent seat or vantage point!.

Again, for anybody else venturing down for this meeting, there are plenty of B&B's and the Premier Inn within walking distance of the stadium. If you are coming down by car, again we have a large car park but it does fill very quickly. Alturnativly the Asda car park i think is free after 6.30, and is a 10 minute walk over the road. Asda is 24 hr, so when you come out you can pop in there for a snack.

Alturnativly, we have the champs Bar behind the main Grandstand, superbly now decked out in past riders photos, and the bar prices are very reasonable. Good place to meet for a chat after the meeting!!. Poole is a lovely place, but to take everything in in one day is nigh on imposible, the Dolphin shopping centre the Quay Poole park sandbanks the purbecks Corfe Castle etc!!.

Edited by Starman2006

Bunyan is indeed british, i think he may have won the nz champs a few years back when he went down there for the winter. Might be where the confusion is. Don't quote me on that though!

He travels over to compete in NZ most winters, his girlfriend is from New Zealand but he isn't.

Rewind 30 years and there was only two or three riders that could go into the corner flatt out. Now most of that line up can ride for four laps flatt out, it will still be a good meeting with scotty coming out on top.

With respect, total tripe! :rolleyes:

Bomber is obviously gonna win :wink::lol: Scotty second and would like to see Eddie get the wild card for Cardiff again :)

good to see this meeting back on SKY aswell

Actually thinking about it there is a good chance of that, he always seems to do well at poole no matter what form he is currently on!

i am thinking of coming down to the british final,want to stop in poole overnight could someone help me,how far is the premier inn to the stadium thankyou

10 minute walk from the Premier Inn to the Stadium.

You on commission these days Mike? ;)

Correy - there's also a Holiday Inn Express which is a similar 5 min walk from the stadium. Alternatively have a look at the Arndale Court which is immediately the other side of the road from the stadium.

I reckon Lewis Bridger will win tbh...... :unsure:

I really hope you are right and I'll be willing him on fervently, but I doubt he will win it.

He will be carrying a bad leg injury, and he has a tendency to occasionally miss a gate big time. :unsure: This doesn't usually matter too much at Arlington because he just roars around the air fence, but I can't see him managing to replicate those heroics with similar beneficial effects at Poole.

He will give it 100% and will be great value for money, and he might still get to Cardiff, but I think Lee, Scott and Bomber could finish ahead of Lewis. :neutral: