British Speedway Forum

Swedish Gp 2009

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Problem for Nicki too is he doesn't seem to bend his right leg at the knee, so doesn't move his body weight as well on the bike, this also if you look tends to see him 'skate' across the corners especially if he goes in fast. You can see as well other riders know this and turn back under him when he does this. Last year too his bikes were moving forward on tracks where other riders were spinning up, this year the opposite appears to be happening.

Regards to all Alan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnzhJG_fzrU

The Grand Final - The First Attempt

Many Thanks Youngy!! :)

I can't see what Nicki's got to complain about - he's clearly taking the Russki out; he's always played the man not the ball.

Classy from Crumpy; despite his own injury his first thought was for Emil. :approve:

Series this year is definitely more exciting; can't wait for Caerdydd!!

PS Me sound's on the fritz at the mo, I'm sitting here going "Vroom, Vroom" and me dog thinks I'm Nuts!!

Oh, here's the Nicki P. interview, I'll practise me lip-reading - looks like "Whinge, whinge, the ref doesn't like me!"

Time for the re-run - see ya!! ;)

Let me know which ones and I'll stick them on YouTube too.

How about putting the shot of Pedersen laughing in the background at Hans as he left the track following his crash with Seb Ulamek. :mad:

Or for that matter for Big Fat Dave as he lost sound Pedersens rant with 12 'F' words in 30 seconds, or the shot of him kicking his pit chair through the air into his monitor. :lol:

Edited by Down in the Park

I think that Pedersen was past Emil, and the ref got this wrong on this occasion.

Not that any of our opinions matter as the official result will not be altered.

The worrying thing for me is a lack of consistency amongst the referees.

Didnt the outsides guys get excluded at Cardiff last year for something similar.

(I think it happened twice???)

Edited by BUDGIE

How about putting the shot of Pedersen laughing in the background at Hans as he left the track following his crash with Seb Ulamek. :mad:

You must have been eagle-eyed to spot that. All I saw was Nicholls van making a quick getaway.

Just a question here but how do you know he was laughing at Hans and wasnt talking to some one out of shot?

He's on his own and looking at Hans.

At normal speed you don't notice but when slowed down you do....beware though.....the sight of Nicholls doing a runner might make you miss it.

Grow up you d*ck.

Emil is an exciting addition to the GP series and is certainly livening things up but I think the ref was conned on this occasion. :angry:

Crumpy also had a lot of luck tonight and benefitted hugely from 2 re-runs when at the back.

No need for the abuse.

Indeed he is,and yes,the ref was probably conned,but who do you blame for that :wink:

Get in :lol::lol:

I thought the allocation for semi finals was out tonight as I had Jason Crump as 5th after the 20 heats and Rune Holta 6th as Crump finished ahead of Holta in heat 19 and is a lower draft order if they went that way too.

This would have put JC in the second semi final with Nicki, Bjerre and Emil while Holta would have been in the first semi with AJ, Lindback and Lindgren.

NICKI V EMIL - Yes I admire Nicki as a rider but am not a great fan of his tactics over the years and do rate Emil as one of my favourite riders.

However I can see both sides of this but the end of the day, the race had to be stopped and in doing so, someone had to be excluded. Would Emil have fell if there was no contact ..... No as he had numerous knocks that night and kept going.

Maybe Nicki had gone in front, but was that because Emil looked twice and saw Nicki on the gas coming inside him and slowed down a bit to change his line and avois getting run wide or into the fence. Nicki's pass was done with contact and I think he got this right.

But I wouldn't have been suprised if it had gone the other way too :blink::unsure:

Edited by T.N.T.

I thought the allocation for semi finals was out tonight as I had Jason Crump as 5th after the 20 heats and Rune Holta 6th as Crump finished ahead of Holta in heat 19 and is a lower draft order if they went that way too.

Hmmm...yeah, you might be right.

Seems that they gave it to Holta on having 2 firsts....Thought that it was head to head if it was just 2 riders on the same points, but maybe that aint the case.

This would have put JC in the second semi final with Nicki, Bjerre and Emil while Holta would have been in the first semi with AJ, Lindback and Lindgren.

NICKI V EMIL - Yes I admire Nicki as a rider but am not a great fan of his tactics over the years and do rate Emil as one of my favourite riders.

However I can see both sides of this but the end of the day, the race had to be stopped and in doing so, someone had to be excluded. Would Emil have fell if there was no contact ..... No as he had numerous knocks that night and kept going.

Maybe Nicki had gone in front, but was that because Emil looked twice and saw Nicki on the gas coming inside him and slowed down a bit to change his line and avois getting run wide or into the fence. Nicki's pass was done with contact and I think he got this right.

But I wouldn't have been suprised if it had gone the other way too :blink::unsure:

Those nails must be awfully painful when they are to the fence :rolleyes: