British Speedway Forum

The next GP is crucial, Leszno is a fantastic track that usually provides great passing and entertainment once the dirt moves out, if that turns out to be slick then I cant understand the point of going to tracks that have good reputations - anyone remember the first Bydgoszcz GP last year

This was a post I logged on the "Czech GP" thread a couple of weeks ago. I am confused by comments from people who are talking about Sky's coverage and the standard of the commentators they use - although the "Millardism" thread was class. Surely Sky are only as good as the racing they are broadcasting, it's no wonder Millard repeats himself every week - the lack of racing leaves him with nothing to comment on.

I was at Cardiff last year, but have no intention of going back - yeah the atmosphere is great, but I want to see the top 16 riders race against each other and so far the GP's have provided very little racing.

Bored, concerned, angry, frustrated.

I love this sport but the people in charge of the GP's are ruining it - it's not funny anymore.

Yep agree, Aparently SKY are advertising the Swedish GP as Round 3 of the World GATING Championship Grand Prix. All my arguments with friends who have been tuning in to watch the sport I love have been shot to threads, First out of gate wins- After watching the first two GP's I unfortunately have to agree.!!!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

have to agree with everyone i try not to be pessamistic about our sport but the first two gps have been rubbish.it looks like a different sport compared to the racing at monmore green and somerset and scunny come to that.not sure if il bother with wtc . am at cardiff but could be the last time :mad:

Lot of empty spaces on the terraces, reckon more spectators at Polish League match. Referee only had to make two decisions all night,both wrong. Nicki was right should at least have been all four back. Walasek did as Nicki said take Bomber out in rerun, but was Bombers fault should have cut inside. AJ tape decision is beyond comprehension. Track was rubbish, how can anyone complain about one off tracks again. Think GPs are on the way out. Finally if Harris and Nicholls do not perform better at Gothenburg, they should throw the towel in.

Lot of empty spaces on the terraces, reckon more spectators at Polish League match. Referee only had to make two decisions all night,both wrong. Nicki was right should at least have been all four back. Walasek did as Nicki said take Bomber out in rerun, but was Bombers fault should have cut inside. AJ tape decision is beyond comprehension. Track was rubbish, how can anyone complain about one off tracks again. Think GPs are on the way out. Finally if Harris and Nicholls do not perform better at Gothenburg, they should throw the towel in.

thought the pedersson exclusion was spot on myself.

although watching on polish tv couldnt understand why aj was put back in, what was the reason?

well i disagree. If you remember the GP two weeks ago we had an almost identical situation were Emil S ran into Nicki but was not excluded this Nicki got Ex'd for the same thing probably because he is Nicki.

as for AJ the ref claimed technical error but the starter hadnt moved away so i just think AJ lost it and the ref screwed up somehow and claimed technical error to save his own a**.

Edited by Ghostwalker

although watching on polish tv couldnt understand why aj was put back in, what was the reason?

It was a 50/50 call on the Pedersen exclusion but its good to see a referee make a positive decision on a 1st turn,to many refs would take the easy way out and put all four back in.

The Jonsson call was just about the worst Ive ever seen. :(

No doubt that it should've been all 4 back but its obvious that everyone, including every single sky pundit is against Nicki for some reason??

Its getting boring now guys, please change the record or myself and quite a few people i know will stop watching what is now quickly becoming a joke broadcast for one reason or another!! :mad::angry:

Another Saturday, another crap GP.

If it wasn't for the fact that I had had a bet on Hancock I would have totally lost interest long before the end.

If I had been watching at home rather than the pub I would have turned over.

And the use of Millard by Sky Sports is unforgivable. Does he have any other word in his vocabulary than 'disappointment'? He used it three times in two laps once when referring to Nicholls.

Anybody watching that for the first time on Saturday night wouldn't be tuning in for the next one. And who can blame them?

The gp's are meant to provide the best racing,on the best tracks with the best riders.Well the best riders were on show at least.I am in agreement with most on this forum in saying that Ole should resign.He is holding the gp's back from being a crowd pleaser to being really rather dull.I seldom watch them live any more,i just sky+ them and watch on sunday.The Leszno gp will make no new fans get down to their local track.I wonder what the Leszno track is usually like,is it that slick or is it just that way for the gp's,perhaps any Polish posters on here could enlighten us.

The gp's are meant to provide the best racing,on the best tracks with the best riders.Well the best riders were on show at least.I am in agreement with most on this forum in saying that Ole should resign.He is holding the gp's back from being a crowd pleaser to being really rather dull.I seldom watch them live any more,i just sky+ them and watch on sunday.The Leszno gp will make no new fans get down to their local track.I wonder what the Leszno track is usually like,is it that slick or is it just that way for the gp's,perhaps any Polish posters on here could enlighten us.

its usually the opposite and great race track. I also read somewhere that the tracks are made slick because of safety reasons.

and the use of Millard by Sky Sports is unforgivable. Does he have any other word in his vocabulary than 'disappointment'? He used it three times in two laps once when referring to Nicholls.

Only three? :neutral: "Disappointment for......" or "disappointment at the back for........"seems to be his favourite choice of words at the moment. I hadn't noticed this before but now I'm finding it extremely irritating, along with his other favourite "and right at the back...." even if the rider is hot on the tail of 3rd place. I was going to count how many times he said disappointment because the racing was so utterly boring but I gave up in the end as it wasn't really good for my blood pressure. :D

New depths on Saturday. 5 nationalities in one race - genius!! :rolleyes:

AJ back in is easily the worst decision in GP history. Most of the time things are open to debate and not everyone will view an incident the same way, but this was just a simple decision. AJ dropped it and went straight through the tapes. He should have been elbowed and paid damages for shredding the tapes. :lol:

I thought the call to boot Nicki was harsh. It was just a case of two riders bumping going in to the turn, in my opinion. I'd have put them all back in.

That's it. Don't think anything else happened. $h!te as has become the norm. :neutral:

Cardiff usually throws some interesting thrills and spills, but that apart I won't be spending my hard earned on GPs until the standard of track prep/racing improves.

I am a big Nicki P fan but thought the ref was correct to exclude him.

He has been the victim of abysmal decisions before in GP but he was a fool to whine the way he did as it made people like me who want to see him do well cringe. He did a similar thing with his Crump exclusion last year. Adams for me shows great dignity when he is wronged but I am afraid Nicki just whines a lot.

Anyone who thinks that he should not have been excluded after causing such mayhem by his own miscalculation does not know much about the sport.

All 4 back? Fraid not.

Apart from that the meeting was pretty dismal. How can Sky expect people to pay for that kind of garbage. Olsen wants sacking and made to remain at least 1000km from any GP venue during a meeting. As for the Brits. Harris was mediocre. I'd say Nichols should retire but after saturday it looks like he already has. Our #1 16th out of 15 what a pathetic speedway nation we have become.

Adder and 21stCH have summed it up pretty well; I don't think that I've ever been less inspired by the GP series than I am at the moment. :(

Millard and Olsen simply destroy every meeting with their incompetence. :rolleyes:

Our group of 6 actually went to Lezno and really enjoyed an excellent meeting. Sad that there were so few Brits there because the place and the atmosphere was great. I really don't think that the TV coverage shows Speedway to its best, and to go there has the great positive that you don't have to listen tho the rubbish of Millard.