British Speedway Forum

Assuming I can successfully sweet talk me bloke, I should be able to make my first visit to the Oak Tree Arena for this one. Cannae wait! :D

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Assuming I can successfully sweet talk me bloke, I should be able to make my first visit to the Oak Tree Arena for this one. Cannae wait! :D

If it's as good as last year's meeting , you willnae be disappointed :wink:

Can't see that happening, especially after last night. Its a well known fact that Grieves is awful at Somerset and he hates riding at the place hence why he pulled out last year for Redcar and Proctor rode in his place.

Edinburgh's Ryan Fisher and Matthew Wethers were awesome last night and would take some beating on last nights showing. Not sure what the averages allow as Wethers is fairly low down in the pecking order I think, but for at Somerset that is the correct pair to chose assuming they are allowed.

I'll take your word on Grieves then Najjer. Good point about Fisher and Wethers though they were pretty impressive but i think that Wethers wont be down as Edinburgh will have a choice between Tully and Rajkowski as Jonasson is on under 21 national duty or something like that. Apparently teams are only allowed to pick 2 from there top 3 in the averages

Perhaps the Super 7 bit is the problem, its a Premier league event, so it should be in the Premier league section.

Perhaps more posters would see the thread and question the secretive Masonic style qualifying criteria.

Or are the BSPA looking to wind the PL fans up as well?

I'll take your word on Grieves then Najjer. Good point about Fisher and Wethers though they were pretty impressive but i think that Wethers wont be down as Edinburgh will have a choice between Tully and Rajkowski as Jonasson is on under 21 national duty or something like that. Apparently teams are only allowed to pick 2 from there top 3 in the averages

:shock::lol: That a joke? :wink:

GoGetter there is a thread in the Individual section. The teams have already been seleceted. As im aware its the team with the best heat 15 results throughtout the PT qualifiers.

no wonder sheffield arn't involved :P

oh well, we were never going to win this one.

the premier league 4's is more of a target ;)

the premier league 4's is more of a target ;)

What against Doolan , Rymel and Compton in their own midden :lol: - it's not a target for anyone bar the Comets .

What against Doolan , Rymel and Compton in their own midden :lol: - it's not a target for anyone bar the Comets .

Richard Lawson remember :wink: , hope we have a better lead up to the fours then we did last year, when Nermark was injured and Stoney had an injured foot. it was nail biting stuff going into that run-off Nemo and Topinka!! :approve:

Cant wait

You could say that about most of the BIG meeting though.....

And at the end of the day how many BIG meetings are in the north? its about getting the support in and trying to keep as many fans happy as possible from the BSPA's perpective id imagine. (Yes also the money to)

Same with the PLRC being at Sheffield yes its a home track advantage like Workington is to some extent, but ive always enjoyed the PLRC at sheffield they always put on a good show racing an all, and it always seems a professional meeting. For us northen speedway fans everything seems to be 4-5 hours away so id like it if we could keep our BIG meeting of the north at Workington for a few season to come, Biased perhaps.....yes maybe a little but Workington is a nice big track with plenty of room for the supporters and not least our welcoming fans.

Edited by Stoney=Legend

no disrespect stoney legend

i still think it should be on nuetral ground and were better than at peterborough THE HOME OF THE FOURS

Its an easy criticism and yes putting a good team on their home track must give them some advantage but I think the best team wins the fours and deserve to be congratulated.Workington are about the best supported team in the PL which guarantees a big crowd and if Somerset are getting the Pairs then it should be a northern team who get the Fours,one thing I would like is for these two meetings to be moved around PL tracks.

Its an easy criticism and yes putting a good team on their home track must give them some advantage but I think the best team wins the fours and deserve to be congratulated.Workington are about the best supported team in the PL which guarantees a big crowd and if Somerset are getting the Pairs then it should be a northern team who get the Fours,one thing I would like is for these two meetings to be moved around PL tracks.

Great idea Screm and it would be nice to see that materialize in the future :approve:

Great idea Screm and it would be nice to see that materialize in the future :approve:

Obviously one or two tracks may struggle,for example Brough Park,there is good facilities but you can only view from one part of the track.Much the same with Armadale,there to much of the stadium goes un-used.A big crowd that this meeting usually attracts might struggle to get in to those tracks.

The other thing would be stadium availability,this meeting should always take place at a weekend be it saturday night or sunday afternoon and one or two stadiums have other sports then,greyhounds for example.

I think this will be between Kings Lynn, Somerset and Workington to win this. However they is normally a team that isnt expected to something but causes a shock. I hope Michal and Pepe can do that.

Good luck to them :approve:

Bandits 4 eva i think you need to open your eyes and see Fish and either Stormy or THJ they are no mugs and will be up there fighting for the title.

It won't be Stormy Snyper :( It's the top two in the averages at the cut off date.

By the way you do Bandits4eva a disservice as it was bandits for life that posted.