British Speedway Forum

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny how Bunyan and Complin were both good enough to ride in the British Final.

They qualified using last years GSAs.

according to the BBC weather map thingy all rain should be clear by 6pm and anything before that will be patchy.

Hmmm just checked again its met to be rain right through the night tonight. Starting to break up about 9am

Should be an awesome race track then B)

Update on the weather shows that the worst of it is likely to have passed by mid-day on the Friday, with it then likely to stay dry until Sunday.

I think as long as the track doesn't get a lengthy spell of persistant rain through Friday night (not likely with the intermitant nature of thundery showers) and with the reasonably high daytime temperatures adding a drying effect, then the forecast is looking a lot better now than it did a day or so ago.

We also have a high pressure area building from the azores and wind speed at 12 notts from the.... Nah, only kidding. :wink:

And Stoke simply werent good enough :approve: Better luck next year ;)

The only reason Stoke aren't in is cos Compo had a bad start to the season, Bunyip is gutted.

For those of you coming down to the pairs and the weather forecast does not look brillant , but the oak tree is a strange place due to Brent knoll it has it own micro climate .

I have driven down from Bristol with it tipping down and i mean bucketfuls of the stuff , to get the knoll for it to be dry all day .

I have found a couple of webcams of the M5 Junction at Highbridge about 1 mile from the track , plus a webcam of Burnham sea front so to help you all .

The motorway will be busy for sure and as most of the glastonbury folks will be in the event it will make it easier i hope .

Guide time from M4/M5 crossover where i live very good traffic 45 mins , heavy traffic 2hrs 30 mins to do 35 miles based on 4 years of travelling the route on a Friday

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bristol/webcams/camer...on=bbc_new_west

http://www.burnham-on-sea.com/webcam/

Wishing all speedway fans a safe trip to which ever event you chose and may the best team win

If you're traveliing from Cardiff to Highbridge be aware of major roadworks at J28-30 on the M4, plus at J24.

Edited by colincooke

also if travelling anywhere near bristol & area - twenty20 gloucs v somerset & glastonbury of course

Glastonbury won't make one bit of difference, everyone would of got there on Wednesday.

Edit: Like a bloody monsoon outside at the moment, got thunder, lightning and lots and lots and lots of rain!

Edited by Najjer

So he is bitter that his riders werent good enough when they should of been. Also maybe Stoke can get someone that knows where to use "to" and "too" on their site.

<flaming removed>

Its due to posts like yours Snyper that the forum decends into slanging matches. Stick to getting behind your own team instead of having childish digs at other clubs that won`t be going to the pairs :mad:

Good luck to all teams, hopefully be a good meeting for the supporters that are lucky enough to be in included.

Been so busy stressing with getting my assignment in and getting things ready for Cardiff, that I have completely forgotten to get a texter for this meeting and I leave here in 3 and a bit hours!

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the updates site? If so, could you please either leave a message here or send me an email or pm.

After about 10.45ish, I will not be able to pick up any private messages or emails as I will be out of here!

Thanks

I think its supposed to be clearing from the South and its just stopped raining in Weymouth.

many thanks - have to leave soon anyway lets hope forecasters are right and we all get a good enjoyable safe meeting tonight

So he is bitter that his riders werent good enough when they should of been. Also maybe Stoke can get someone that knows where to use "to" and "too" on their site.

<flaming removed>

And perhaps someone could explain to you the use of "should HAVE" and "should OF" !!