British Speedway Forum

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chapman junior has always been a waste of space in my eyes this will do nothing to change that opinion....funny how its taken this long to do this...jumped up isnt half the story! Hope the fans turn out but i have to say im seriously dissapointed in Ward not being there and very pi***d at KL's attitude...dont reck personally it is to do with the Troy sage more the fact that Darcy has been putting himself in the shop window...lets just hope KL do NOT go up next season....sour grapes no just the fact i couldnt stand to see that smug so and so step anywhere nr Blunsdon :wink::blink::lol:

Taken from the Swindon official website;

SWINDON emerged triumphant from an incident-packed and thoroughly entertaining Four-Team Tournament at the Abbey Stadium.

Leigh Adams led the way with a 12-point maximum as the Robins accumulated 32 points. Meanwhile, Cradley Heath were second on 29, Oxford third on 20 and Reading just behind in fourth position on 19.

SWINDON

Leigh Adams © 3 3 3 3 - - - 12

Simon Stead 2 3 2 1 - - - 8

Mads Korneliussen 2 2 1 3 - - - 8

Morten Risager 3 0 0 1 - - - 4

Team manager: Alun Rossiter

CRADLEY HEATH

Hans Andersen 2 3 3 2 - - - 10

Adam Shields © 3 3 2 3 - - - 11

Cameron Woodward 1 1 0 3 - - - 5

Cory Gathercole 0 1 1 1 - - - 3

Team manager: Colin Pratt

OXFORD

Troy Batchelor 3 2 3 0 - - - 8

Lewis Bridger 2 1 4 0 - - - 7

Steve Johnston © 1 2 0 0 - - - 3

Paul Hurry 1 D 1 R - - - 2

Team manager: Richard Palmer

READING

Matej Zagar M 4 3 1 - - - 8

Patrick Hougaard D 0 2 2 - - - 4

Travis McGowan 1 0 D 2 - - - 3

Mark Lemon © 0 1 1 2 - - - 4

Richard Sweetman (Res) 0 - - - - - - 0

Team manager: Tim Sugar

Referee: Graham Reeve

Ht 1: (Re-Run) Risager, Andersen, Hurry, Hougaard (f, disq), 66.46

Ht 2: Shields, Korneliussen, Johnston, Sweetman, Zagar (ex, 2 mins), 65.39

Ht 3: Batchelor, Stead, McGowan, Gathercole, 65.58

Ht 4: Adams, Bridger, Woodward, Lemon, 65.02

Ht 5: Shields, Batchelor, Lemon, Risager, 65.86

Ht 6: Andersen, Korneliussen, Bridger, McGowan, 66.15

Ht 7: (Re-Run) Stead, Zagar (TR), Woodward, Hurry (f, disq), 66.08

Ht 8: Adams, Johnston, Gathercole, Hougaard, 66.15

Ht 9: Zagar, Bridger (TR), Gathercole, Risager, 66.67

Ht 10: Batchelor, Hougaard, Korneliussen, Woodward, 66.33

Ht 11: (Re-Run) Andersen, Stead, Lemon, Johnston, 66.52

Ht 12: (Awarded) Adams, Shields, Hurry, McGowan (f, disq), No Time

Ht 13: Korneliussen, Lemon, Gathercole, Hurry (ret), 66.83

Ht 14: Woodward, McGowan, Risager, Johnston, 67.08

Ht 15: Shields, Hougaard, Stead, Bridger, 67.02

Ht 16: Adams, Andersen, Zagar, Batchelor, 66.58

Programme changes:

Ht 2: Sweetman replaced Zagar; Ht 7: TR Zagar (Double points); Ht 9: TR Bridger (Double points).

THIS HIGHLY anticipated encounter saw supporters from all four clubs descend on the Abbey Stadium. A fantastic atmosphere was present throughout and with the terraces bursting with colour, an array of competitive on track action certainly made the event one to savour.

The Swindon quartet set the pace from the outset and Alun Rossiter's side demonstrated plenty of strength in depth during the sixteen heat formula.

An immaculate twelve point haul from Leigh Adams headed the Robins' score-chart. The Australian stalwart rode with conviction throughout and received solid support from Simon Stead and Mads Korneliussen who both notched eight point hauls.

The Cradley Heathens certainly showed bundles of tenacity right from the get go. Indeed, the Colin Pratt managed side took the meeting to a last heat decider and provided the large scale Heathens' travelling support with a performance to be proud of.

A combined twenty-one point score from the Adam Shields and Hans Andersen combination kept Cradley in contention throughout. The duo dropped just three points between them and showed eye-catching speed from the outset.

Oxford’s charge was fronted by the youthful combination of Troy Batchelor and Lewis Bridger. The Cheetahs’ made a decent start to proceedings but faded in the middle to latter section of the meeting.

Paul Hurry endured a luckless evening, the Swindon reserve fell in his second outing and then was plagued by mechanical gremlins in his fourth.

The Ideal Video Reading Racers’ evening got underway in unfortunate fashion with falls for Patrick Hougaard in the opening followed by a two minute exclusion for Matej Zagar in the ensuing heats.

Things did improve for the Berkshire side as the meeting shuffled past the half way stage. Indeed, the Tim Sugar managed side were close to catching Oxford in the closing stages with their score-chart headed by an eight point return from Matej Zagar.

Thanks to everybody for taking the time & trouble this evening-a great night,& a great show of support from our lot in particular,if only 3 !! races hadnt have been stopped when we were leading (and predictably didnt win the re-run) who knows we may even have won it!.

Most importantly Patch, & everyone at Swindon were delighted with the turnout from supporters of all four clubs, and next year it will hopefully run on a sunday! :)

Trouble is of course, we want it every week :D

OMMER UM.

Edited by heathen76

I don't normally do 'challenge' meetings but am glad I did attend last night.

A surprisingly healthy crowd and some decent racing at times however the track was a tad slicker than usual.

Good to see so many Cradley fans in attendance. Honoured to have met Hans Andersen in the bar after the meeting. The only downside was seeing Rob Peasley's ugly mug in the programme!

Good to see a crowd of around 2,000 including a few hundred Cradley Oxford and Reading fans. Pity Crumpie was injured but some good racing nevertheless.

Short of time today, but can't let this slip by without a quick response.

A huge thank you to Gary, predominantly, for being so insistant that this meeting was going to go ahead one way or another. It was a great night for us. Seeing a team represent Cradley at this level has been a long time in waiting and I thought we did rather well. Although, we were robbed of a draw. Two reasons. Either the re-runs that cost us three points or Colin Pratt not taking the chance to use a TR with Cameron. The competitive side of me was not impressed. :lol: It's a shame that Reading had such a poor start and that Oxford had such a poor end to the meeting but I thought for the most part it was fairly even and for about 2/3rds of the evening it was a 3-way scrap, though Swindon always seemed to have just a little bit of an edge.

Finally, but by no means least I'd like to thank the Robins faithful for turning out and making the evening a success. Gary breaking even on the night depended very much on good local support as there was no way the other three clubs would have enough travelling on their own. The Swindon fans turned out in force when I feared many would save their money for the PO meetings. And a few nice words from Rosco in a quick interview at the start too. So top marks to Swindon all round and thanks to everyone that turned out, made it a success and prompted Gary to announce that the meeting was already pencilled in for next season. :approve:

Yep, that photo does make me look like a psycho killer

All the best

Rob

Yep, I thought you looked like a serial killer in that picture. :lol::P