British Speedway Forum

Is Chris Harris Really Good Enough For The Sgp?

Why does everyone underrate Rico? He'd be the Best brit in SGP if he got back in. His scores in Poland + Sweden + Britain combined is nearly always top of the Brits.

If he did manage to get back in the GP, a commited Lee Richardson could well cause a fair few shocks.

He's not 'clearly not good enough' :rolleyes:

Before anyone starts im not lookin through Robin tinted specs but i'd like to back you up there! I think Lee has improved no end as a rider across all leagues much much more consistent and seems to have taken on more authority since switching to Eagles and then Hammers...Bridger and Woffy within 2 years G.P yes no problem but for 2010 Rico deserves another chance ahead of Harris and Nicholls

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before anyone starts im not lookin through Robin tinted specs but i'd like to back you up there! I think Lee has improved no end as a rider across all leagues much much more consistent and seems to have taken on more authority since switching to Eagles and then Hammers...Bridger and Woffy within 2 years G.P yes no problem but for 2010 Rico deserves another chance ahead of Harris and Nicholls

Agreed and out of the three, (Nicholls, Harris and Rico) Lee is the only one that can make consistently good gates. Something which is vital in the GP's.

Agreed and out of the three, (Nicholls, Harris and Rico) Lee is the only one that can make consistently good gates. Something which is vital in the GP's.

I agree with what you say about lee gating well but last time he was in the sgp he was completely out of his depth,and also

in the swc he struggled against class opponents ,I dont know about his form in poland or sweden but how does he fare

against the big boys like Gollob Hans Nicki Greg ?

No Chris Harris is not good enough for the GP's his inclusion this year is a joke.

I wouldn't go that far. Last season was poor, but I think he deserves a second chance based on the two podium positions in his first GP season.

It was 1 more than Nicholls. I honestly dont think either are good enough for the GP series.

Scott is consistantly a top 10 in the world man. I'd rather see him in the GP for the odd occasion that he steps up to the plate than some random other rider that's tailed off all the time.

..also

in the swc he struggled against class opponents ,I dont know about his form in poland or sweden but how does he fare

Lee has had a couple of poor SWC's but for the first 4(?) years he was the top points scorer overall. I don't really follow the foreign leagues but I understand Lee is consistantly good in Poland and Sweden and easily the best of the current crop of Brits abroad.

I agree with what you say about lee gating well but last time he was in the sgp he was completely out of his depth,and also

Lee is consitently the top Brit in Sweden and Poland. He is often top 10 in their averages. Lees SWC record is excellent, its only the last couple of seaosn he's had dodgy World Cups and even then he's been our best rider!

Lee last season in the GPs were pittiful but so was his league record that season, he had lots of problems that he got over the following season and returned to form. I've said for as long as I can remember that given a fair chance Lee would achieve a higher GP place than Scott ever has, I stand by that and I hope Lee qualifies for next season GP where I think he is capable of finishing top 5. Sadly, I don't see any other Brit doing that for a few more seasons.

Chris Harris should not have been given a wildcard this season...... it even broke BSI/FIMs unofficial rules (longstanding pattern) on who gets one and who doesnt based on the previous year's results

However Chris Harris would have been good enough for a wildcard if the tracks had been of a racing standard overall last season............ subsequently whether it was right or wrong that he got a wild card this season he is also most likely not going to be good enough again because Prague was a clear indication of the track preparation that we can be expecting

Give Chris a little dirt and he soon becomes 'good enough'

Give Chris a little dirt and he soon becomes 'good enough'

Based on his ability I agree with you, but it should be added that he's done bu££er all (relatively speaking) whatever the track conditions this season. I sincerely hope he'll 'come good' sonner rather than later. I don't think I can cope with another SWC cock-up.

At least all you Bomber knockers cant complain this year as at least he has the b---s to go into the Qualifers this year although another certain Brit hasnt

And you think he will qualify. :lol:

Harris wont finish in the top eight and is very unlikely to be luck enough to gain a wild card so if he wants a GP spot in 2010 going to the Qualifing rounds is his only option but that will end in failure to.

Harris wont finish in the top eight and is very unlikely to be luck enough to gain a wild card so if he wants a GP spot in 2010 going to the Qualifing rounds is his only option but that will end in failure to.

Yeah i do ...

spot on i could not have put it better myself also being dropped by polish club for simon stead is a real

kick in the teeth .What happened in cardiff was probably freak result ,i had a few quid e.w on greg that

night and he led from the gate and even round the last corner but was done on the line by bomber

I predicted big things for chris after that shows what i know.

Based on what,his record in the GP series is poor to say the least with the exception of one night at Cardiff.I will be very surprised if Harris starts next years GP series.

Like your optomism though. ;)

It'll wain, trust me... :rolleyes: Exasperated sigh :wink:

Bomber is a talented rider and had a good few GP meetings in 2007...It does feel like he fluked Cardiff sometimes. His early form last year was poor- bike problems, then a few injuries..

Full of optimism, I thought we'd see a newly refreshed Bomber this year..He's even pulled off some great gates!! :shock: His bikes certainly don't seem fast enough - his problem or mechanics or both...?

Edited by Jacques

spot on i could not have put it better myself also being dropped by polish club for simon stead is a real

kick in the teeth .What happened in cardiff was probably freak result ,i had a few quid e.w on greg that

night and he led from the gate and even round the last corner but was done on the line by bomber

I predicted big things for chris after that shows what i know.

that season was a bit of a red herring........... Bomber really splashed the cash and not only had Brian Andersen preparing his engines but also fine tuning on race night........... for the vast majority of that season he was one of the fastest guys and yet in true Brit style was pants at the gate, suffered on the slick tracks, and of course discovered that overtaking at this level isnt quite as simple as at league level....along with of course making some novice errors as you would expect

Based on his ability I agree with you, but it should be added that he's done bu££er all (relatively speaking) whatever the track conditions this season. I sincerely hope he'll 'come good' sonner rather than later. I don't think I can cope with another SWC cock-up.

I'm expecting nothing other than for the difference in class between GB and the top countries to be demonstrated .......and to some degree i'll be disappointed if we dont see it as it will probably mean that like last season the manager has folded when it came to the decision of giving youngsters experience or putting out the same old team........................... and to have any chance of a decent showing in the final it is paramount that they make sure they qualify from the race off and not their qualifier...... team GB have failed to understand this over the last few years

Bomber has been extremely conservative when riding for Coventry this year compared to what we are used to, the exception being the opening challenge at Wolves, where he was absolutely stunning.

And those gates he made.. were awsome :shock:

No-one seems to be prepared to put their neck on the line and say why they think it is though. All the other riders get stick a plenty...why not Bomber?

Each and every one of them is culpable..even more so Bomber...he's the captain and our No 1 :blink:

Edited by Jacques

And those gates he made.. were awsome :shock:

No-one seems to be prepared to put their neck on the line and say why they think it is though. All the other riders get stick a plenty...why not Bomber?

Each and every one of them is culpable..even more so Bomber...he's the captain and our No 1 :blink:

I am of the opinion that a captain of a team should have a ''personality'' and be able to support and inspire the rest of the team -- I believe that Bomber has the personality of a limp lettuce leaf and does not appreciate his fans :mad: In the absence of Scotty and Billy J Cov. lack a leader --- maybe with maturity Ben may fill that spot but that is sometime away. (Just my opinion)

I am of the opinion that a captain of a team should have a ''personality'' and be able to support and inspire the rest of the team -- I believe that Bomber has the personality of a limp lettuce leaf and does not appreciate his fans :mad: In the absence of Scotty and Billy J Cov. lack a leader --- maybe with maturity Ben may fill that spot but that is sometime away. (Just my opinion)

Feel better now Sue... :lol: and you forgot Hans.. :rolleyes::wink:

Ben will never be that rider.

I'm inclined to agree...