British Speedway Forum

Is Chris Harris Really Good Enough For The Sgp?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh dear, this is embarrassing :oops:

http://www.sportowefakty.pl/zuzel/2009/04/...astapi-harrisa/

All the best

Rob

I'm not surprised he's been dropped and the ultimate insult to Simon Stead aswell...I've been expecting better performances from him this year too..what's the excuse this year? :rolleyes:

Edit; any chance of an English version... :wink:

Edited by Jacques

No Chris Harris is not good enough for the GP's his inclusion this year is a joke.

Agree with you,Harris clings to the glory of winning at Cardiff but that was a one off as his performances since then have shown.He isnt good enough and I doubt he will be any time soon,the more he races in the GPs the more embarrassing it gets.

No Chris Harris is not good enough for the GP's his inclusion this year is a joke.

Neither of them are good enough but this series will always have at least one maybe two brits so what are the alternatives

Richardson [clearly not good enough]

stead [almost certainly not good enough]

woffinden[huge talent but still to young and inexpierienced]

screen[too fat and slow and old]

bridger[good potential but not yet]

kennet[needs to improve a lot]

so with that being the case it has to be the nicholls and harris even though their not good enough

No, Chris Harris is not a competent Grand Prix rider at present. However, to replace him with Simon Stead is, perhaps, making progress in the reverse direction.

Neither of them are good enough but this series will always have at least one maybe two brits so what are the alternatives

Richardson [clearly not good enough]

stead [almost certainly not good enough]

woffinden[huge talent but still to young and inexpierienced]

screen[too fat and slow and old]

bridger[good potential but not yet]

kennet[needs to improve a lot]

so with that being the case it has to be the nicholls and harris even though their not good enough

Understand what you are saying but should it be a case of always having either one,two or however many Brits.Surely any rider should be in the GPs on merit as a wild card pick or be in the series as of right.Yes Harris and Nicholls are as good as we have got but you could make a decent arguement for a GP series with no Brits.

Why does everyone underrate Rico? He'd be the Best brit in SGP if he got back in. His scores in Poland + Sweden + Britain combined is nearly always top of the Brits.

If he did manage to get back in the GP, a commited Lee Richardson could well cause a fair few shocks.

He's not 'clearly not good enough' :rolleyes:

No Harris is not good enough. His place should have been taken by Chris Holder in my opinion.

Don't agree Harris/Nicholls should be left out of SWC team, they are our best two riders and are not exactly knocking on the door of retirement.

Riders like Woffinden/Bridger/Kennett are going to get their chances so long as they are in good club form. As far as the rest go, who else is there?

Steady has had enough chances. As far as the other youngsters go, Barker,Haines,Auty etc, I just don't think they are going to be good enough unfortunately.

Do you think chris is happy that his form isnt that great ??? Why dont you just give him a break infact give them both a break !

Fickle your all cheering british gp champion and soon stick the knife in when things arent going well ...

As for richardson in the GP god british speedway is really bad if thats the best we got

Why dont you give Richardson a break?

See i didnt celebrate Harris winning at Cardiff so i aint twisting anything. He isnt good enough for the GP its as simple as that. There are no 2 ways about it.

HA HA HA your real funny why would you celebrate harris in cardiff as you keep telling everyone YOUR SCOTTISH

It's not about sticking the knife in sillystar, I just feel he's not good enough, sorry for having an opinion!

I want all the Brits to do well and of course I was happy for him when he won the Brit GP but in reality he has been poor ever since, last year was a shocker.

I've already said that I feel Scott is good enough for the GP's so I've no need to give him a break.

I'll be supporting both of them throughout the campaign because I beleive in backing you're own guys and sincerely hope they do well.

The question was wether Chris is good enough for the GP and unfortunately I don't think he is, it doesn't mean I don't support him or want him to lose to prove me right, I want the guy to make me choke on my words.

If he proves me wrong I'll be the first to gladly admit it.

Why does everyone underrate Rico? He'd be the Best brit in SGP if he got back in. His scores in Poland + Sweden + Britain combined is nearly always top of the Brits.

If he did manage to get back in the GP, a commited Lee Richardson could well cause a fair few shocks.

He's not 'clearly not good enough' :rolleyes:

Amen to that ..one thing for sure you won't see rico being dropped from his swedish or the side he rides for in Poland because of his form .

He's is the only uk rider who can cut it away from the uk and in his gp time made two finals and would still be are best bet in the gp's now .