British Speedway Forum

Can somebody please inform me the meaning of this saying

"better never than late"? Confused me all evening....

Me to,thought we had seen the last of Millard with him been given the boot off the EL.He really is shocking but obviously Sky havent got anyone else,I know one or two on here have emailed Sky with complaints but so far they havent worked but we live in hope.

I know one or two on here have emailed Sky with complaints but so far they havent worked but we live in hope.

I agree the bloke is useless but if sky get nearly 1 million viewers for speedway and only a couple of complaints they are hardly going to get rid of him are they?

I agree the bloke is useless but if sky get nearly 1 million viewers for speedway and only a couple of complaints they are hardly going to get rid of him are they?

No youre right,maybe you just need an aquired taste for Millard which I dont have.Hopefully once the football season is over we will get Nigel Pearson doing the commentry.

Well we all had a good laugh at Millard and his mistakes, its not as if we dont know whats happening is it. I much prefer him to Pearson and his shouting, with Millard you can ignore his voice.

Gary looked as if he had had a few before the meeting and Ermo was talking his usual rubbish. The other bloke was a non entity in grey. Get rid of one of them and have a supporter from one of the tracks instead. Liven it up a bit. It was very "grey". Johnno every time for me, quality chat and sense of humour.

So we don't like any of the commentary team then? No wonder they don't listen, there are very very few exceptional commentators and all of those are booked for the big audience sports. We are a minority so will only get what's left, every time.

And let's not forget 'not to forget' that the winner of the final race takes the title.......funny how TM forgot that last year when he announced Freddie would win the GP if he finished third. Does this man have any idea of the sporting event he is commenting on?

And his idiotic assertion that Hans might take the last spot in the semis when a complete novice could figure out that this was utterly impossible just by looking at the scorechart was a hoot :)

Havvy and Johhno are always intersting to listen to. I like Sam and Chris. I even like Kel but what was that pointless idiot sitting between Havvy and Sam there for?

A cardboard cutout of John Major would have given us more insight into the GB team selection.

Mark Loram should be brought on the team rather than the next ex-GB manager.

The coverage is good and the anaylsis decent I enjoyed the meeting as it was absorbing if not particularly exciting.

That Russian is rather good. Time we had a decent British rider in the field rather than the two non competitors we get palmed off with via the pick system. Some good lads in the pipeline hopefully we will see them in 2010.

and Kenneth Beeeaarr :angry: B-J-E-R-R-E, Johno is alright, prefer Norris though.

A few days ago I was watching the 2004 World Cup Final. I think it was the dreaded Millard who constantly referred to Kenneth Bjerre as Beerer.

Surely it would be comparatively simple for commentators to approach the riders before matches to check the pronunciation of their names - or is that expecting too much from such a vast broadcasting organisation.