British Speedway Forum

Nicki P - World Champion 2003

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nicki P as World Champion.....and who can say that on the night he did not deserve it. He has maintained his consistency over the year, and has ridden his luck, as all Champions do, on several occasions. Poor old Jason must be wondering just what he has to do...! In my opinion, he has been the best rider in the World over the last 2 years, but does not have much to show for it. Never mind Crumpy, there is always next year.

:)

As a belle vue fan i'm supposed 2 support crump but i've got to say Nicki deserved to win!!!!He was much better overall, a much more interesting rider to watch- i mean a race with nicki in it is never boring is it?!

Nicki also always makes me laugh!!!He's always smiling and even when he's been excluded or something like that he generally manages to make you laugh!!or smile.

NICKI DESERVED TO WIN WELL DONE!!!!! :)

Hey TTF, I believed you about Nicki too :) you weren't the only one cheering for him. I just didnt happen to post as many messages about him as you did! ;-)

Completely agree Em, I don't know how people can see Nicki is so horrible, just watching him in Norway when he was all happy and joking - even after his awful crash, he was in good spirits. I think hes a great guy, very approachable and a good laugh and now the BEST rider in the world too :D:D:D

Newcastle are not claiming Anders - He started at Long Eaton.

yeah but Newcastle made him the rider he became - its a city that makes heros

Yeah JJ totaly aggree on that one, :) Brough seems to create future stars and we know of another in Bjerre and hopefull a future British talent in William Lawson, did anyone see the strong Brough connection in the Norway GP there was Nicki of course and Bjarne but also with Lee Richardson son of former Diamond Colin and then the race Director himself Ole Olsen,how one track has influenced the highest levels of the sport in a single meeting was quite evident. ;)

Guest RickDia1

I think it was a sad day for the sport when Nicki Pedersen became World Champion. The sport does not need idiots like him winning it! He fences people week in week out, he's not someone young riders can look up to. Tony Rickardsson was an ideal role model for youngsters, now look what they have. As Sky TV put it 'he would put his own grandmother in the fence'.

Lets not forget, Crump could have put Pedersen out of the meeting if he rode into his head, Crumpy did very very very well to avoid, the bucking bronco Pedersen. Is Nicki ever in control of his bike?????

When Crump got excluded I was disgraced, I thought Holta could have easily stayed on that machine and a friend of mine who was in Hamar said the same! He knew he had been passed and bailed out. Any professional rider could have stayed on!

Then in the final Pedersen, is aloud back in the re-run after doing the same thing as Crump!

Crump will win the ELRC at Coventry to prove he is the best in the world, his average in the Elite League goes to show how much better than Pedersen he really is!

Pedersen has everything on his side in the GP's, he has Ole Olsen preparing tracks as he likes them, Jacob Olsen following him around like a lap dog making sure the other Danish riders help Nicki's way into the finals, I'm sure Jacob has a brown nose!

If Crump would not have had such cruel look earlier on in the series, the Championship would have been over months ago!

at the end of the day, Pedersen won it.... we need to accept it.

hopefully having someone like him as Champ will give the sport a bit more publicity... you know you don't always have Mr NiceGuy at the top of the tree for anything, and Pedersen might just surprise us all with what he could do for the sport.

If you watched the play-off final with Tim Lovejoy and Helen Chamberlain presenting the trophies, they said there hadn't been any crashes yet... it was what they were after....they didn't know good racing from bad.

If there had been a crash, it would be shown on their extremely popular allsport show on a Friday night.

All this is exposure... it's what the sport needs in one form or another, and if Pedersen brings this in... fair play.

But as you suggest, let's just hope no-one gets hurt in the process.

;) mine too but Mark really is my hero and I back him 100% but ....... Scott is a diamond and with riding on Lucky no 7 next season is his I can feel it, wonder if I can get good odds for it now :roll: Worth putting some money on now :!:

I think it was a sad day for the sport when Nicki Pedersen became World Champion. The sport does not need idiots like him winning it!

Pedersen has everything on his side in the GP's, he has Ole Olsen preparing tracks as he likes them, Jacob Olsen following him around like a lap dog making sure the other Danish riders help Nicki's way into the finals, I'm sure Jacob has a brown nose!

What a sad and biased post that was - It's just so typical to bring Ole & Jacob into it.. I won't even dignify that with an answer, a very sad comment.

Nicki has maintained his consistency through the year aswell as Jason....any of the two would have been a deserving champion.

This time it turned out in Nicki's favor.....i feel really sad for Jason that his Championship hopes ended with an exclusion, but thats the way it goes sometimes.. IMO he was definately at fault, and should be excluded. But i would acually have liked to see the two race it out in the final, but it was not to be.. I belive Nicki deserved to be World Champion, he kept his cool when it mattered, and showed everyone that he has changed a lot during the last year...like he said...he has grown up..

So well done Nicki.....No one can take the title from you now, you have earned it....enjoy it....and keep up the good work.

Denmark needed a World Champion, and you have what it takes....we are all really proud of you... :approve::approve::approve: