British Speedway Forum

Scunthorpe Under 15's

Is there any point in holding the 500cc series? only 5 riders :rolleyes::rolleyes:

It was suggested on Friday night that there is at least double that number now and similar in the 250cc class. If there was only two riders it would have been running the series as I feel a British Championship is a vital part of the youth development in this country and the only way to improve things is to offer opportunities to young riders to compete in the sport. Hopefully, we will know the final line-up in the next day or two.

Good luck to all the riders involved. I hope you enjoy the experience and stay safe. For any rider who isn't aware of what the track rides like it has long sweeping bends and rides much bigger than its 285 metres suggests. A video of a race can be seen at http://www.british-speedway.co.uk/extras/y...NfgokEI&p=1

It was suggested on Friday night that there is at least double that number now and similar in the 250cc class. If there was only two riders it would have been running the series as I feel a British Championship is a vital part of the youth development in this country and the only way to improve things is to offer opportunities to young riders to compete in the sport. Hopefully, we will know the final line-up in the next day or two.

Good luck to all the riders involved. I hope you enjoy the experience and stay safe. For any rider who isn't aware of what the track rides like it has long sweeping bends and rides much bigger than its 285 metres suggests. A video of a race can be seen at http://www.british-speedway.co.uk/extras/y...NfgokEI&p=1

Well said Scunny Stag, I'd too heard that there were more competitors now :approve:

Looking forward to this meeting following our match against Scunthorpe on Saturday and hearing the line ups in due course.

Would have been bloody exciting to pay to watch :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Got a letter through today and i can post a confirmed line up :rolleyes:

YOUTH 500cc

No.

14 Cameron Hoskins

4 Josh Dingle

8 Ashley Morris

20 Jack Butler

17 Kyle Howarth

19 Tom Stokes (got a feeling he is injured tho)

6 Darryl Ritchings

10 Daniel I'Anson

16 Adam Kirby

YOUTH 250cc

No.

2 Jack Cornes

1 Adam Portwood

21 Ged Collins

12 Tyle Govier

3 Brandon Freemantle

7 Steven Archer

15 Reece Downes

13 Nathan Stoneman

9 Daniel Sibson

5 Robert Lambert

11 Jack Jones

Well there it is thought i would share it with the rest of you

Steven

Got a letter through today and i can post a confirmed line up :rolleyes:

YOUTH 500cc

No.

19 Tom Stokes (got a feeling he is injured tho)

Tom was due to be in the 2nd half at Mildenhall on Sunday, but heard he had taken a knock.

Hopefully this will not prevent him from taking his place in Saturdays line up!

Tom suffered concussion and wiplash to his neck but is ok now and looking

forward to competing on saturday at Scunthorpe

Thats good to hear, Tom really impressed at Kings Lynn the other saturday and the sunday before at Mildenhall.

Already has a fan in my daughter :lol:

Taken from the Official Scunthorpe speedway website: -

This Saturday, after the Jotun Paints Scunthorpe Saints have faced the Mildenhall Fen Tigers in a National fixture; the first round of the 2009 British Under-15 Championship takes place at the Eddie Wright Raceway in Scunthorpe. Twenty riders will race in two classes (250cc and 500cc) over twenty-two heats with many of the riders having previously taken part in the club’s amateur meetings and winter practices. Three of the riders will be representing Scunthorpe with Saints duo, Kyle Howarth (top right) and Ashley Morris (top left), competing in the 9-rider 500cc section whilst the Scorpions’ mascot, 10-year old Reece Downes (below left), will be the youngest rider in the championship, competing in the 11-rider 250cc class.

Despite the 37-race schedule admission prices on Saturday have been held at the usual National league prices: Adult £9, Concession £7, Children (aged 10-16) £4, Children (aged 0-9) Free, Family Ticket £20 (2 adults, 2 Children 10-16).

The full line-up is:

500cc

Kyle Howarth (Ashton-under-Lyme, Manchester) Born: 11/2/94

Josh Dingle (Newquay, Cornwall) 4/3/94

Jack Butler (Boston, Lincolnshire) 17/4/94

Tom Stokes (Spalding, Lincolnshire) 23/4/94

Ashley Morris (Penkridge, Staffordshire) 6/5/94

Daniel I’Anson (Ringwood, Hampshire) 3/8/94

Darryl Ritchings (Swindon, Wiltshire) 11/8/94

Adam Kirby (Spalding, Lincolnshire) 6/2/95

Cameron Hoskins (Cannock, Staffordshire) 13/4/95

250cc

Steven Archer (Hailsham, Sussex) 22/4/94

Adam Portwood (March, Cambridgeshire) 1/7/95

Brandon Freemantle (West Sussex) 12/10/95

Daniel Sibson (Cumbria) 27/11/95

Jack Jones (Gloucestershire) 12/1/96

Tyler Govier (Exeter, Devon) 4/4/96

Jed Collins (Northants) 8/8/96

Nathan Stoneman (Tiverton, Devon) 17/9/96

Jack Cornes (Lymm, Cheshire) 20/10/97

Robert Lambert (Norfolk) 5/4/98

Reece Downes (Barnsley, South Yorkshire) 20/9/98

2009 Championship dates:

Saturday 2nd May - Scunthorpe

Saturday 23rd May - Newport

Saturday 15th June - Weymouth

Saturday 25th July - Buxton

Thursday 13th August - Isle of Wight

Saturday 22nd August - King’s Lynn

Saturday 19th September - Workington Northside

Championship points awarded in each class: 1st 20 points, 2nd 18 points, 3rd 16 points, 4th 14 points, 5th 12 points 6th 11 points, 7th 10 points, 8th 9 points, 9th 8 points, 10th 7 points, 11th 6 points, 12th 5 points, 13th 4 points, 14th 3 points, 15th 2 points, 16th 1 point.

Top six round scores to count for each rider

£9!!! What a bargain!

I see the riders are shown in age order above, does anyone know the actual riding order ?