British Speedway Forum

Swedish News 2009

wow thats allot of questions. i'll do my best of answering them.

with level of support i assume you mean spectator levels.

In general the level of spectating have increased compared to last season.

Although i think Lejonen have had a decrease of the number of spectators.

About economics teams rarely reveal their economic situation until its very critical.

Question mark is for Ikaros Smederna, Västervik and also Lejonen i think who do have a large sponsor but

they have lowered their attendances this season and they had red figures last season with more people on the meetings.

I Think Weather and injuries will be a very decisive factor as usual.

You can compare for yourself on these links: 2009 2008

As for the Stockholm teams. Obviously i think they will draw some spectators from each other. This year Hammarby have an average of sligthly less then 700 so far and Getingarna

about 300 fewer then Hammarby. Sure Hammarby can get back to Elitserien but i think that it will be difficult and will probably take a few years.

The best track it depends on what you mean with "best".

The easist tracks to get too is, Smedstadion/Smederna Eskilstuna, Kråkvilan/vargarna-Norrköping and Possible Orionparken/Rospiggarna-Hallstavik.

For Eskilstuna you would have 3 airports to choose from (Stockholm Arlanda about 100km), Stockholm/Nyköping-Skavsta (about 80km) or Stockholm/Västerås-Hässlö A(bout 53km)

The two latter are only flown too by Ryanair while Arlanda is the biggest in Sweden with full international air traffic. Eskilstuna and Norrköping also is by far the two biggest cities in Elitserien.

In case you would like to stay a day or two extra these two cities would offer the most non-speedway activity and would also provide a wider range of accommodation and food, i know that the pasta

restaurant on Kungsgatan in Eskilstuna is qite "popular" for some of Smedernas riders. Linus Eklöfs parents also runs a restaurant in the Town Torshälla about 8km north from Eskilstuna.

I have to admit though that havent been to all that many other tracks in Sweden so i dont know really what they are like except track length.

About Smederna this season is extremely important whether we will survive or not. If we just got a bit more spectators to the meetings i think we will manage atleast for this season.

we got a new title sponsor for the nearest three years, Ikaros which was very crucial for the survival of Smederna.

But it depends on the weather (not good so far) and the performance of the team good weather and good performance means more people which means more money.

Micke (tarabanko) and Stephen (Zetters) know more about Smedernas chances then me so i think they should answer instead of me.

ABout the tv viewing, i have no idea. if they have many or few vievers. it is shown on Canal+ who only sell their sports channels togther in a "package" costing about £17/month. They also provide single meeting purchases view on demand on their website. they signed a 3 year dela last year i think so they'll have one more season to go.

more then 20'000 spectators for Gotheburg Gp? i doubt it. There were only about 17'000 last year and i dont think it will be more this year even if the weather is expected to be good during the weekend.

A swedish speedway magazine. That would be nice. I remember in 2003(?) there was an attempt, i think they made one edition before they cancelled it. I dont know why people wouldnt buy it.

Possible allot of people didnt know about it. There arent even a good online community like this one. There have been a few attempts but disagreements between creator(s)admins/moderators/ l

ed to that they were closed.

Edited by Ghostwalker

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

an fan written article about when Rune Holta chickens out :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

(no offense Anders):

http://www.svenskafans.com/motor/artikel.a...354&todo=ok

None taken. I have learned not to read too much into fans' Internet forum opinions regarding meeting reports, as they are often written shortly after the meeting and usually are written in anger/disappointment over something, so it gets so biased it's actually laughable than anything else. I find it more frustrating when actual journalists writes non-objective crap about the opposition team's riders, track, arena, or whatever. Their job actually is to give an objective view of things, not thrashing och ridicule the opposition.

If he thought it was too difficult or dangerous to ride the outside, then he'll have to ride the inside instead

The quote above is from the article, and if the writer thinks Holta can't/won't ride on a grippy outside line surface, then he hasn't seen a heat Holta has done throughout his career. If there are one rider who thrives on a grippy outside, it's Holta. Also, if you want to trash the referee in an article, it might be a thrustworthy thing (towards the readers of said article) to be able to write his name correct. As I said, I take no offence from that.

However, as I wasn't in Eskilstuna for this meeting, I have no idea what actually happened and can't give an honest opinion of who was right or who was wrong, so I simply won't do that.

Many thanks GW for taking the trouble to answer all my questions so thoroughly and with many interesting opinions :approve:

Lets hope Smederna can come through their difficulties and have a secure long term future!

Thanks for all the tips on visiting tracks in Sweden!! By the best track I was meaning for atmosphere and quality of racing...and also best track shop!! :lol:

Anders, firstly i did not write that article, i only linked to it and im not out to trash anyone im just really pissed that the away team's

opinions is worth more then the home team's. Which could have costed us a victory.

Secondly. The home team represented by Zorro who spoke directly to the spectators, on a direct question on why is it takings long,

replied that "we want to ride, the track is in the way we want it but Holta think its to wet". Then the clock had already passed 19.15.

Also there had been a meeting about 1 hour prior to the start (=18.00) according to a statement

by Smedernas racedirector, on a question why the track was not inspected earlier,

but that nobody had any complaint on the track then. You should also realize that when i arrived around 18.30 the trac was very wet but dried up

considerably after the track team had put on new dry material. It wasnt wetter then 3 weeks ago against Vetlanda.

Another statement from Smedernas Team Manager, Bosse Jansson said that the track was ready at 19.15 but it was not

good enough for Holta and Walsek who got the referee with them.

Holta and Walasek are of course entitled to have an opinion but should accept that the home team team want to have the

track graded in a certain way. So they would have two options either ride and try to make the most of it or dont ride.

Of course the safety is very important but if the track is safe enough for the home team then it should be the end of discussions.

I still cant understand why the referee chose to listen more on the away team then the home team?

I mean for a team like Smederna that dont have the the same amount of stars as Indianerna the preparations

of the hometrack becomes even more important and with the complaints of the away team that affected the referee this

advantage

I think you would be pretty upset as well if Smedernas riders when visiting Vetlanda would convince the referee

to prepare the track in a different way then you team's riders want?

Anders, firstly i did not write that article, i only linked to it and im not out to trash anyone im just really pissed that the away team's opinions is worth more then the home team's. Which could have costed us a victory.

I know you only posted the link, and you asked me to take no offense by the article, and I don't take any offense from that article, since it is obviously written by an angry fan. (I take offense when serious journalists make non-objective comments, as I think we have had a few away journalists doing that this year. ) Just as I wrote in my previous forum entry. The writer is entitled to his opinion and trying to explain the history behind this, and I don't take any offense from that, as I said.

Holta and Walasek are of course entitled to have an opinion but should accept that the home team team want to have the

track graded in a certain way.

Of course the home team decide how to grade a track, as long as it is deemed "not dangerous" by the referee. It's not the first time a referee has decided to order a re-grade of the track prior to a meeting, it has happened in Målilla as well. I can fully understand the irritation if the referee is inconsistent (and called it raceable at first and not later on), which might have been the case here, from what I have read. That would be a problem.

I think you would be pretty upset as well if Smedernas riders when visiting Vetlanda would convince the referee to prepare the track in a different way then you team's riders want?

If the referee had given the track the thumbs up at first, and then changed his mind and ordered a re-grading if the conditions hadn't changed, then yes, I guess that would be frustrating. However, in our first league meeting, the referee (Lindroth, actually) order some minor track work very close to the starting time, but if he considered it to be a safety risk, then it's just to start doing that job. What can we do about it?

Vargarna are interested in lending Troy Batchelor from Ikaros Smederna. Smederna Team manager says he might consider a switch with Troy for Kim Nilsson.

Personally i'd prefer to keep Troy he have only been riding in 3 meetings and though he

didnt do good at the two home meetings i think given some time he will improve.

About Kim he is a talent but i don't understand why we would need another low scoring U21 rider?

Kim havent really done good this season from reserve. He would have to fight with Eklöf/R.Henderson/ R. Bergqvist for the last

spot in the lineup. It feels like Smederna wouldn't gain anything on it more likely loose on it.

Vargarna are interested in lending Troy Batchelor from Ikaros Smederna. Smederna Team manager says he might consider a switch with Troy for Kim Nilsson.

Personally i'd prefer to keep Troy he have only been riding in 3 meetings and though he

didnt do good at the two home meetings i think given some time he will improve.

About Kim he is a talent but i don't understand why we would need another low scoring U21 rider?

Kim havent really done good this season from reserve. He would have to fight with Eklöf/R.Henderson/ R. Bergqvist for the last

spot in the lineup. It feels like Smederna wouldn't gain anything on it more likely loose on it.

Do Vargarna not know that Troy is sidelined for 8 weeks with a broken scaphoid ?

some transfer news:

Sebastian Ulamek moves from Lejonen to Rospiggarna. Lubos Tomicek will leave Rospiggarna.

The transfer window opened today and closes on Sunday at midnight. New riders can not be used until registered by Svemo which

happens on Friday in the next week.

Edited by Ghostwalker

Lineups Division 1, Round 5 Wednesday 2009-06-03:

Team Hagfors - Stjärnorna

Team Hagfors

1. Robert Eriksson - 12,59
  2. Robin Törnqvist - 8,54
  3. Jeremia Thelaus - 8,38
  4. Robin Aspegren - 9,90
  5. Sebastian Aldén - 12,37
  6. Ted Hagansbo (F) - 6,42
  7. Mattias Persson - 2,00
  8. Alexander Liljeqvist - 2,00

Stjärnorna

1. Jonas Messing - 12,64
  2. Joakim Mårtensson (F) - 4,79
  3. David Hillborg - 5,43
  4. Peter Wall - 3,90
  5. Jens Oskarsson - 9,59
  6. Robin Messing - 2,00
  7. Linus Lydin (F) - 2,00
  8. not registered

Team Bikab - Hultsfreds Gymnasium

Team Bikab

1. Robin Bergqvist - 6,91
  2. Jimmy Jansson - 5,89
  3. Daniel Henderson - 5,94
  4. Henrik Karlsson (F) - 9,39
  5. Robert Henderson - 8,30
  6. Mikael Åstrand - 2,25
  7. Rasmus Eklöf - 3,40
  8. Not registered

Hultsfreds Gymnasium

1. Christian Isomettä - 9,59
  2. Pontus Sundström - 2,58
  3. Olof Nilsson - 6,28
  4. Tim Gudmundsson - 2,00
  5. Niklas Larsson - 8,94
  6. Joel Larsson - 2,00
  7. Jonas Einarsson - 2,00
  8. Not registered

Crossbone Pirates - Filbyterna

Crossbone Pirates

1. Christian Ingesson - 8,40
  2. Tobias Bäck - 2,00
  3. Thimm P Norberg (F) - 2,00
  4. Tobias Ingesson - 8,20
  5. Tomas Bäck - 2,00
  6. John Penttinen (F) - 2,00
  7. Totte Nilsson - 2,00
  8. Not registered

Filbyterna

1. Benny Johansson - 9,07
  2. Michael Sjöqvist - 3,16
  3. André Hertzberg - 3,18
  4. Marcus Andersson (F) - 3,61
  5. Sebastian Carlsson - 6,71
  6. Tobias Planberg - 2,00
  7. Andreas Berglund - 2,00
  8. Dennis Karlsson - 2,00

Eldarna - Gnistorna

Eldarna

1. Pelle Lundgren - 2,30
  2. Harald Andersson - 3,07
  3. Adrian Gheorge (F) - 2,00
  4. Mattias Hård - 2,50
  5. Tommie Lundgren - 6,00
  6. Jimmy Hyll - 2,00
  7. Andreas Hård - 2,00
  8. Not registered

Gnistorna

1. Christian Agö (F) - 9,59
  2. Mikael Berntsson - 5,76
  3. Marcus Åström - 5,99
  4. Albin Näreby - 2,33
  5. Anton Göthberg (F) - 2,00
  6. Joel Blomstrand - 2,00
  7. Robin Zymek - 2,00
  8. Not registered

Indianerna Ungdom - Gasarna

Indianerna Ungdom

1. David Rohlén - 9,59
  2. Freddy Godlund - 2,00
  3. Niklas Eriksson - 5,52
  4. Alexander Edberg (F) - 5,33
  5. Simon Gustafsson - 14,03
  6. Alexander Claesson - 2,00
  7. Marcus Johansson - 2,00
  8. Not registered

Gasarna

1. Niklas Aspgren - 10,15
  2. Fredrik Andersson - 9,71
  3. Eric Andersson - 11,51
  4. Pontus Aspgren - 5,56
  5. Andreas Bergström (F) - 9,64
  6. Alexander Söderholm - 2,00
  7. Andreas Westlund - 5,62
  8. Not registered

all line ups and averages courtsey of speedway.nu

Edited by Ghostwalker

Hi all,

can any of out Swedish friends help in advising what time the 80cc meeting in Västervik starts tomorrow (07,06,09)

many thanks in advance

CM

If there has been no changes, it's a 13:00 start according to previously released information by SVEMO. Can't find any other information on Västervik's website.