British Speedway Forum

Swedish News 2009

Must be unheard of, a meeting being cancelled due to riders shortage....in april! :shock: Riders from these team are scheduled to ride in Nyköping (home of Griparna) on Thursday night.

It's all about the money... :unsure::neutral:

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's all about the money... :unsure::neutral:

I can understand foreign riders not making the trip to Sweden to ride in a challenge (without payment), but Swedish riders without a foreign league contract should want to get as many meetings as possible before the league season starts.

dont know if this have been mentioned before but this season (for Elitserien only) the time when team lineups registrations are due have been changed to:

Sundays before meeting at 20.00 (8pm CEST) CEST for away teams

Sundays before meeting at 21.00 (9pm CEST) CEST for away teams

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone please either confirm or deny the rumour that there will be spedway meeting held to test the new track in the Ullevi Stadium in Goteborg prior to the Grand Prix? I hear that local club Lotsarna are to ride there in a three team meeting originally planned to be held at Vastervik? True or false?

Can someone please either confirm or deny the rumour that there will be spedway meeting held to test the new track in the Ullevi Stadium in Goteborg prior to the Grand Prix? I hear that local club Lotsarna are to ride there in a three team meeting originally planned to be held at Vastervik? True or false?

i dont know, but i have just had a look at Lotsarnas website and there is no mentioning of any meeting at Ullevi. After reading their guestbook it seems that Lotsarna doesnt even

have any riders and just borrows riders for their meetings.

What i do know is that last year there was a practice session like a week, week and a half before the GP to which they had invited a few Swedish riders in purpose of testing the track.

Well, now I am able to answer my own question. :rolleyes:

Info comes from a team manager and he tells me they will NOT race at Ullevi and he does not know where the story comes from. Lotsarna intend to race their home meetings at Västervik this year.

But it would have made sense to have such a test run for the Ullevi track a week before the SGP.

Could anyone confirm if Hans Andersen had his benefit meeting today(13/05/09) and if so what was the outcome? Thanks in advance

nope no such meeting was held tonight and as far as i can see there is no mentioning of any Hans Andersen Testimonial (which i think was what you meant ;) ) in Dackarnas calender.

Edited by Ghostwalker

nope no such meeting was held tonight and as far as i can see there is no mentioning of any Hans Andersen Testimonial (which i think was what you meant ;) ) in Dackarnas calender.

Thanks for that,it was just that speedway star had it down for malila (sorry if spelling wrong)in its fixtures

Can any Swedish member help me obtain a copy of RACE-MC SPORT nr5, 2009 which contained the Elitserien preview for the new Swedish season?? :unsure:

Alternatively do you have the mailing address of the magazine as I can't find it on their website!

Many thanks in advance :wink:

Can any Swedish member help me obtain a copy of RACE-MC SPORT nr5, 2009 which contained the Elitserien preview for the new Swedish season?? :unsure:

Alternatively do you have the mailing address of the magazine as I can't find it on their website!

Many thanks in advance :wink:

google and you shall find! ;):P :P

http://www.racemcsport.com/

email: tidningen@racemcsport.com

Lineups for Saturday's meeting (part of round) in Division1.

Hultfreds Gymnasium - Gnistorna Start time eat 12.00 CEST.

Hultfreds Gymnasium

1. Niklas Larsson SE 8,94
  2. Eric Åshede SE 2,00
  3. Tim Gudmundsson SE 2,00
  4. Olof Nilsson SE 6,28
  5. Christian Isomettä SE 9,59
  6. Joel Larsson SE 2,00
  7. Jonas Einarsson SE 2,00

Gnistorna

1. Mattias Nilsson SE 9,62
  2. Albin Näreby SE 2,33
  3. Marcus Åström SE 5,99
  4. Jonas Nilsson SE 2,54
  5. Mikael Berntsson SE 5,76
  6. Robin Zymek SE 2,00
  7. Anton Göthberg (F) SE 2,00

source: http://www.speedway.nu/2009/visa_prelNY.asp?matchid=140

note that the link above is not valid for the live results. The live link will become available just prior the meeting on Saturday.

Edited by Ghostwalker