British Speedway Forum

Quick query - which area costs what at Cardiff? :blink:

I'm tryin' ta make head or tail of the site but stuffed if I know what costs what. :unsure:

PS I'm still googlin' furiously but any hints would be greatly appreesh.

Generally the middle tier is always the most expensive, and is the best view . Not too high, not too low. The middle tier along the start line (M8,M9,M10) is reserved for VIP (where I was lucky enough to be last year ! :approve: ). And the middle tier along the back straight, the front 3 or 4 rows are for hospitality.

Generally the top priced seats (think it's about £82 and £70) are in the middle tier, along the straights, and are great seats.

Once you get to the lower priced tickets £29 and family tickets, they are either on the bends (yuk....too far from track I think), or the back of lower or upper tiers, at the ends (yuk too). I personally wouldn't reccommend the lower tiers, as they block off a lot of the first rows for speedway (safety I guess) and you get a better view from higher up. Don't know what anyone else thinks. :unsure:

The £67 tickets are lower tier, but on the start line straight, and the £60 tickets are middle tier, but on the bends. £52 tickets are a mixture of lower and upper tiers, both back straights and bends.

Spent a whole day last week looking into this. Really wanted the £70 seats that were available, but being a family of 5,couldn't justify spending £350 !! :shock: So am in the upper tier, back straight. It's where my husband and children sat last year, and they had a great view. A bargain at £104 for 5 of us.

Edited by zonkers

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Upper Tier? (yuk)

i dont think you can say anything is "yuk" Its all on personal preference. To claim the middle tier is the better view is lies in my opinion i was up there the first time i went and have been on the lower tier start/finish straight since. Much better view in my opinion. And closer to the action. What does a few rows right at the front being blocked got to do with the view you get?

Anyway i dont care my tickets were delivered this morning :D :D :D :D :D

Upper Tier? (yuk)

i dont think you can say anything is "yuk" Its all on personal preference. To claim the middle tier is the better view is lies in my opinion i was up there the first time i went and have been on the lower tier start/finish straight since. Much better view in my opinion. And closer to the action. What does a few rows right at the front being blocked got to do with the view you get?

So then why is it the dearest tickets are on the middle tier.....? :rolleyes: And the best seats in the house (VIP - blocks M8,9,10) are in the middle tier too? :rolleyes:

But I will say that I don't think there are any "bad" seats at all at Cardiff.... ! The way the stadium is designed you get a pretty good view from wherever you are. :approve:

It is a matter of opinion and preference - and I was merely stating mine. :rolleyes: Snyper - I am guessing you watch your speedway standing up, pretty much at track level....? :unsure: For me, I prefer to be higher, looking down on the track. For me personally, that is a better view of the track and the racing.

Edited by zonkers

Blimy anyone else got their tickets yet for Cardiff, mine came through today, don't think I have ever had them this early before.

Quick query - which area costs what at Cardiff? :blink:

I'm tryin' ta make head or tail of the site but stuffed if I know what costs what. :unsure:

PS I'm still googlin' furiously but any hints would be greatly appreesh.

I've been in all three areas BFD top tier, for me is just too high...

Lower tier in 2007 when Bomber won.. :rolleyes: good view of the track but you couldn't see much of the rest of the stadium and all the flags and felt like it lacked atmosphere..

Middle tier Back straight last year and it is again this year, superb atmosphere and view and the bit you saw on telly with everyone waving their free flags and singing along to"land of hope and glory"...naturally you will want to participate in that :wink: , so the middle tier is clearly the place for you.. :approve:

Edited by Jacques

I've been in all three areas BFD top tier, for me is just too high...

Lower tier in 2007 when Bomber won.. :rolleyes: good view of the track but you couldn't see much of the rest of the stadium and all the flags and felt like it lacked atmosphere..

Middle tier Back straight last year and it is again this year, superb atmosphere and view and the bit you saw on telly with everyone waving their free flags and singing along to"land of hope and glory"...naturally you will want to participate in that :wink: , so the middle tier is clearly the place for you.. :approve:

Totally agree Jacques ! :wink: But those tickets are £70 and we just couldn't do it for 5 of us........ :sad: Maybe next year if the credit crunch has eased. Lol !!

I've only missed one before now. But I'll not be going this year due to:

- The track surface is a disgrace & the only overtaking tends to be when someone hits a rut (Crumpie nearly falling off on his own down the straight last year pretty much summed it up for me)

- The prices are taking the Piscz

- If the GP riders can do without the UK, I can do without shelling out my hard earned to see them. BSI/IMG are a major contributor to the woes of UK speedway (although to be fair to the BSPA they don't really need any help in this regard) so I don't feel like lining their pockets.

I do however fully intend to go to the PL best pairs to witness some exciting racing on a great race track.

Bah humbug :wink:

But if you are going to Cardiff I genuinely wish you an enjoyable time.

Sorted!! I'll be somewhere in the middle tier, won't release the exact details for fear of Anti-Aussie terrorist attacks. :o

Thanxx to Jacques & Zonkers for their assistance; to show my undying gratitude I'll let youse buy me a beer. B)

Sorted!! I'll be somewhere in the middle tier, won't release the exact details for fear of Anti-Aussie terrorist attacks. :o

Thanxx to Jacques & Zonkers for their assistance; to show my undying gratitude I'll let youse buy me a beer. B)

Ha ha !! Well, I guess you wo't be able to afford your own after splashing out on middle tier tickets !! :lol::approve:

Got back together with the missus and what's one of the 1st things she says?

"When is Cardiff? I want to go with you"

How do I get out of this one? :blink:

Got back together with the missus and what's one of the 1st things she says?

"When is Cardiff? I want to go with you"

How do I get out of this one? :blink:

you bring her with you and introduce her to us.

You can then go off and get pissed whilst we slowly but surely introduce your missus to the finer points of a cardiff weekend!!! :lol: