British Speedway Forum

Is Scotty Really Good Enough For The Sgp

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He gave up British league racing to improve his performances on the GP circuit. Looks as though it's made little, if any, difference.

Form your own conclusions!

He gave up British league racing to improve his performances on the GP circuit. Looks as though it's made little, if any, difference.

Form your own conclusions!

Scott was so far adrift that it looked as if the meeting reserve had been drafted in.

On a more general note, before each season has started recently I have been upbeat about our chances in the SWC. As things stand at the moment I am not even confident that team GB will even qualify for the play-offs.

Earlier on in this thread I said I felt Scott was good enough for the GP's. I stand by what I said because I was going by his previous finishing positions, usually top 10.

However, he has got off to a dreadful start and I feel for the guy because I believe he's made a genuine attempt to improve his performances and it has not paid off. At the moment he clearly is not GP standard.

I'm not certain that missing the Elite is the cause for his bad start, I feel the whole does/does'nt a rider need to be in the Elite is purely psychological depending on the rider. Hans feels he needs to be there but look at Crumpie, he seems to be fine. Hancock and Gollob dont need the Elite and Pedersen is defending World Champion.

One thing is certain, Scott looks like a broken man out there at the moment, his confidence is shot to pieces. I remember a similar thing happening to Rico the last time he was in the GP.

I personally felt sorry for the guy last night (and Rico when it was happening to him), I certainly didn't feel embarrassed. I don't understand how you can feel embarrassed by someone elses performance, he's the one going through the defeats, I'm sure he feels a lot worse about it!

I still hope he can sort his problems out as he has made genuine (rightly or wrongly) attempts to improve when a lot of others would have given up.

Earlier on in this thread I said I felt Scott was good enough for the GP's. I stand by what I said because I was going by his previous finishing positions, usually top 10.

However, he has got off to a dreadful start and I feel for the guy because I believe he's made a genuine attempt to improve his performances and it has not paid off. At the moment he clearly is not GP standard.

I'm not certain that missing the Elite is the cause for his bad start, I feel the whole does/does'nt a rider need to be in the Elite is purely psychological depending on the rider. Hans feels he needs to be there but look at Crumpie, he seems to be fine. Hancock and Gollob dont need the Elite and Pedersen is defending World Champion.

One thing is certain, Scott looks like a broken man out there at the moment, his confidence is shot to pieces. I remember a similar thing happening to Rico the last time he was in the GP.

I personally felt sorry for the guy last night (and Rico when it was happening to him), I certainly didn't feel embarrassed. I don't understand how you can feel embarrassed by someone elses performance, he's the one going through the defeats, I'm sure he feels a lot worse about it!

I still hope he can sort his problems out as he has made genuine (rightly or wrongly) attempts to improve when a lot of others would have given up.

Problem is that Nicholls thinks he is better than he actually is,he is deluded if he thinks he is ever going to be World Champ and on the form of the first two GPs then its going to be a season of embarrassment.Added to that theres big questions being asked by his Polish club and it would be no surprise if he were giving the boot there leaving only Sweden for Nicholls to improve his skills.

I don't understand, Pearcey, the meaning of the bracketed comment. Would you enlarge on it, please.

Edited by Ron Butler

Tatum kept saying last night that his equipment is good enough, this is blatantly not true. Couple this with Nicholls poor gating he had no chance.

If he wants to improve his GP perfromances he has got to invest in better machinery!

Whilst I tend to agree I think its more down to the pilot. :blink:

I don't understand, Pearcey, the meaning of the bracketed comment. Would you enlarge on it, please.

Sure Ron, what I meant was his decision to miss out the Elite as some think it has a bearing on his form whereas some dont, at least that's what I was trying to say. :wink:

Problem is that Nicholls thinks he is better than he actually is,he is deluded if he thinks he is ever going to be World Champ and on the form of the first two GPs then its going to be a season of embarrassment.Added to that theres big questions being asked by his Polish club and it would be no surprise if he were giving the boot there leaving only Sweden for Nicholls to improve his skills.

I agree that if he feels he can be World Champ then he's certainly kidding himself. Personally, I think he is targeting automatic qualification. On current form he is certainly going to struggle to do that. I still admire the guys attempts to improve himself, it can't be easy when things don't work out and his own countrymen are just dying for him to fail so that they can say I told you so.

If it is a season of embarrassment, then it will be embarrassing for Scott, no one else.

His Polish form is also poor and I imagine the guy is probably very down at the moment. If he battles through, I think it will say a lot about the man. Lets face it, if he walks away from the sport he would be ridiculed by many for not having the balls to keep fighting, so he can't win either way.

Sure Ron, what I meant was his decision to miss out the Elite as some think it has a bearing on his form whereas some dont, at least that's what I was trying to say. :wink:

Thanks for that, Pearcey, got it now. I think one of my two remaining little grey cells had gone off at a tangent when I read it.

It's technically known as a senior moment! :wink:

Thanks again.

Ron.

Except to get even worse. As someone pointed out on the 'other' forum, he's now 16th in the standings, and one of the riders above him has only done one round.. :rolleyes:

After just returning from Poland today and watching Scott at Leszno GP on Saturday night and yesterday at Wroclaw v Torun meeting i really do think all is not well with Scott Nicholls and i,ll add if he is doing no better after Cardiff GP i can see him doing a Tony Rickardsson and pulling out of the GP,s i really can . Just my opinion for what its worth .

Scott was so far adrift that it looked as if the meeting reserve had been drafted in.

No, the meeting reserves would have done much, much better than that.

I wonder if the "I love Scottie" supporters are still advocating him being seeded into the series again in 2010, because he's got about as much chance qualifying for 2010 as the useless Oxford United FC winning the Champions League. :rolleyes:

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam

The Question .......... Is Scott Nicholls good enough for the Grand Prix Series ?

YES

Is Scott Nicholls ever likely to be challenging for the title ?

NO

Scott is a very good rider and I would rate him in the top 15 riders in the world at present

How come then Scott Nicholls is currently 16th in the standings, despite Jarek Hampel having rode in one less meeting. :wink:

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam

No, the meeting reserves would have done much, much better than that.

I wonder if the "I love Scottie" supporters are still advocating him being seeded into the series again in 2010, because he's got about as much chance qualifying for 2010 as the useless Oxford United FC winning the Blue Square Premier League. :rolleyes:

All the best

Rob

Edited for accuracy