British Speedway Forum

Is Scotty Really Good Enough For The Sgp

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not quite top 8 but good enough to be considered an inclusion for the GPs.

He's only in because Britain is a major speedway nation and hosts the showcase GP. As the best British rider, there's no other choice but to seed him.

If he were from a minor speedway nation, does anyone really believe he'd have been seeded back in the number of times he has?

Maybe not, but then he doesn't make that decision does he? He's hardly going to turn it down if he wants to be part of the series.

The selection process is at fault, not Scott.

Anyhow, I'll be supporting him this season as he's a Brit and I want him to do well.

I wonder if other Nations are as bad as we are for knocking our own or if they get behind their guys.

Good luck Scott!

He's only in because Britain is a major speedway nation and hosts the showcase GP. As the best British rider, there's no other choice but to seed him.

If he were from a minor speedway nation, does anyone really believe he'd have been seeded back in the number of times he has?

No.

The point was Nicholls on consistency shows himself to be the best 9th/10th rider in the world - that's consistent over a number of season. The GP aims to have the 15 best riders of the world, we know this debateable.

So if you were to say pick 15 riders who are the best in the world to ride the GPs, would Nicholls be included? Probably yes.

So if you were to say pick 15 riders who are the best in the world to ride the GPs, would Nicholls be included?

Yes he would. However, if there was an open qualification process, the likelihood is that he'd have missed out on some GP series.

The SGP isn't really about the top 15 riders in the world though - it's whether your face fits.

He is ENGLISH hence why me as a SCOT will be supporting Hans as i would rather see a Dane win than a idiot stubborn arrogant Englishman.

Strikes me this is little more than thinly disguised racism. I'm no fan of Nicholls, but I've no idea whether he's an idiot, stubborn or arrogant, and wouldn't presume anyone is based on their nationality. :angry:

Edited by Humphrey Appleby

What a suprise Snyper! There was me thinking you would back the Englishman :wink:

I have to laugh at the comment though, you say you're supporting Hans and then call Scott arrogant and stubborn! Hans seems to fit that bill quite well himself!

By the way, I hear Hans is a Rangers fan :wink::lol:

Ok i dont kow if Scott is and idiot i aint tried to have an educated discussion with him. But he is ignorant and arrogant.

Hans aint he is witty. He is also very tongue in cheek. Rangers fan or not atleast he aint English.

Oh humphrey did you not argue that the Scots and English are the same race? Therefore it cant be racism. Please stick to one story or the other.

Strikes me this is little more than thinly disguised racism. I'm no fan of Nicholls, but I've no idea whether he's an idiot, stubborn or arrogant, and wouldn't presume anyone is based on their nationality. :angry:

I agree with you on that a bit un called for

A Bigot; A person who constantly and stubbornly holds a particualr view.

Bigotry; Bigoted attitude or behaviour

I think you need to find another word. As racism and bigot dont seem to fit.

Your constant anti English bile is bigoted behaviour. Therefore you are a bigot.

Scott isn't ignorant or arrogant. I stayed at the same hotel as him and Havvy in Poland a few years back and they were both decent blokes.

Blaze what you see as "decent" and what i would call decent may vary. And as for my constant anti English "bile" as you put it i cant assure you now your talking crap as it doesnt exist. So how about you go back in the shadows until you have something decent to say.

I couldnt care what nationality Scott is he aint GP quality simple. If a rider is constantly going backwards rather than forwards they shouldnt be in the series simple as that. We want guys that will improve year on year which will mean a better series if that means no "brits" then so be it.

Ok i dont kow if Scott is and idiot i aint tried to have an educated discussion with him. But he is ignorant and arrogant.

Hans aint he is witty. He is also very tongue in cheek. Rangers fan or not atleast he aint English.

Oh humphrey did you not argue that the Scots and English are the same race? Therefore it cant be racism. Please stick to one story or the other.

Blaze what you see as "decent" and what i would call decent may vary. And as for my constant anti English "bile" as you put it i cant assure you now your talking crap as it doesnt exist. So how about you go back in the shadows until you have something decent to say.

I couldnt care what nationality Scott is he aint GP quality simple. If a rider is constantly going backwards rather than forwards they shouldnt be in the series simple as that. We want guys that will improve year on year which will mean a better series if that means no "brits" then so be it.

:rolleyes:

Make your mind up.

Makes you wonder why it's become like a closed shop. Riders don't need to be much better to dominate the rest. Maybe they are more rested without so much league racing, but there are other factors too. Interesting to read that Padraig Harrington employs a backup team of 6 to help him on the golf tour. They comprise the senior coach, a swing coach, a putting coach, a physio, a fitness coach and a sports psychologist. Who do the top GP riders take around with them, other than mechanics and possibly management?

Scott Nicholls had Kelvin Tatum in his corner helping him last year and

KT has been with him thoughout the winter in various countries.

So the answer is Kelvin Tatum - does that count? :)