British Speedway Forum

'3rd. Division' All-time Appearances

At the start of the 2011 season l make it that Dean Felton is still in number 1 place with 290 Apperances.

Followed by Tom Brown 248 Barrie Evans 239 and Luke Priest 231.

Points wise Barrie Evans is in 1st place with 2681 Followed by David Mason 2504 Tom Brown 2368 and Dean Felton 2324.

At the start of the 2011 season l make it that Dean Felton is still in number 1 place with 290 Apperances.

Followed by Tom Brown 248 Barrie Evans 239 and Luke Priest 231.

Points wise Barrie Evans is in 1st place with 2681 Followed by David Mason 2504 Tom Brown 2368 and Dean Felton 2324.

Many thanx.

Have to say that Tom Brown came up on the rails there... Didn't have him on my radar!! :shock:

And Luke more appearances than David Mason...? That would surprise me too....

Mark Thompson was high on the appearance list too but I suppose the past two years have seen Thommo overhauled...

Many thanx.

Have to say that Tom Brown came up on the rails there... Didn't have him on my radar!! :shock:

And Luke more appearances than David Mason...? That would surprise me too....

Mark Thompson was high on the appearance list too but I suppose the past two years have seen Thommo overhauled...

Mark Thompson is 5th on 224 and David Mason 6th on 218

Malcolm May i ask what you feel about such a record given that the third tier of racing was in effect a development league. With the inception of this tier was it ever believed that there would be riders who more or less spent whole careers in this standard of racing. Personally i think it's great when you see riders like Dean carrying on doing what they love doing but has it been a distraction from what the league was designed to do?

I don't have thoughts other way as my choice of speedway watching is generally PL but as a Rye Supporter of course I have watched quite a bit of the Raiders Cobras and love a trip to mildenhall as well

Good luck with the Book

Harry Ward

i have a couple of views about the NL/3RD division , first i dont think me or buzz or any of the older riders has ever stopped a young rider getting a place in the league , if they couldnt get a place it was more down to their ability than anything else , and imo calling the 3rd division a development/training or whatever you want to call it league is holding the league back , yes it is a league for young riders to learn and start out in the sport but speedway at all levels is a form of entertainment and the public are the wage payers, im speaking as a fan now when i say if i watch speedway i want to see great races not a trainng school ,i want to see the best that division can offer , i dont care if the riders are 70 or 15 years old , i just want to see great racing , i think their are some great stylish young riders in the NL but their are also some older riders that give good entertainment and surely thats what speedway is about , i know many promoters lost sight of the aspect of entertainment years ago but speedway needs them to get it back at all levels , calling it the national development league just says amature and dosent make me want to watch it ,so why would any new supporters

• Like 1

i have a couple of views about the NL/3RD division , first i dont think me or buzz or any of the older riders has ever stopped a young rider getting a place in the league , if they couldnt get a place it was more down to their ability than anything else , and imo calling the 3rd division a development/training or whatever you want to call it league is holding the league back , yes it is a league for young riders to learn and start out in the sport but speedway at all levels is a form of entertainment and the public are the wage payers, im speaking as a fan now when i say if i watch speedway i want to see great races not a trainng school ,i want to see the best that division can offer , i dont care if the riders are 70 or 15 years old , i just want to see great racing , i think their are some great stylish young riders in the NL but their are also some older riders that give good entertainment and surely thats what speedway is about , i know many promoters lost sight of the aspect of entertainment years ago but speedway needs them to get it back at all levels , calling it the national development league just says amature and dosent make me want to watch it ,so why would any new supporters

I agree 100%. And of course it ISN'T called the National Development League: this is just a strange line hidden away in the Rule book which certain individuals on here latch onto to make their 'point'. :rolleyes:

In all branding and other official documentation (like the fixtures!) it's called the National League!! :approve:

• Like 1

Well Said,there has to be entertaiment value to attract the fans and surely for the young guys their sights are set on beating the old hands to gauge their progession.Promoters always seem to want the best of both worlds these days regarding 3rd tier racing.Should not pay over the odds but there has to be a balance of youth and experiance.

• Like 1

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Anyone know who might hold the record for appearances all-time in the 'third tier' (known mainly as the CL over the years; now the NL..)??<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I am almost certain that the honour falls to Dean Felton.

I am currently about to reach the point in preparation for my new book which will contain detrails of all appearances in the Third Tier since 1994 where the Table of this information with CMA's etc will be complete. Then I can speak with authority.

Dean Garrod held the record once but he had dropped to fourth by the end of 2007 headed by Felton, Thompson and Burnett. David Mason was 7th and Matt Wright eighth! I expect my book which covers the whole of 2008 and many all time stats to be available in about 2-3 weeks.

The highest point scorer at the end of 2007 was David Mason with a total of 2249 (including bonus).

Malolm Vasey

Hi Malcolm,

Can we expect an addition to the already impressive collection that makes up the history of the AL/CL/NL? Holds breath ...

Hi Malcolm,

Can we expect an addition to the already impressive collection that makes up the history of the AL/CL/NL? Holds breath ...

There are seven books in the series including the A-Z which you mentioned.

They are PT 1 1994-2000

PT 2 2001-2005

PT 3 2006

PT 4 2007

PT 5 2008

PT 6 2009

COMPLETE A-Z ALL RIDERS AVERAGES FOR TEAMS RODE FOR YEAR BY YEAR

PART 6 AND OTHERS ARE IN PRODUCTION CURRENTLY AND WILL BE AVAILABLE IN THE NEXT TWO MONTHS

I normally advertise them in the Items for Sale but as you asked the question here I have replied here. I hoe thats OK.

Copies of any of the above are available but only direct from me (07768 073284)

Malcolm Vasey

There are seven books in the series including the A-Z which you mentioned.

They are PT 1 1994-2000

PT 2 2001-2005

PT 3 2006

PT 4 2007

PT 5 2008

PT 6 2009

COMPLETE A-Z ALL RIDERS AVERAGES FOR TEAMS RODE FOR YEAR BY YEAR

PART 6 AND OTHERS ARE IN PRODUCTION CURRENTLY AND WILL BE AVAILABLE IN THE NEXT TWO MONTHS

I normally advertise them in the Items for Sale but as you asked the question here I have replied here. I hoe thats OK.

Copies of any of the above are available but only direct from me (07768 073284)

Malcolm Vasey

Ah ... good to see Malcolm. You won't get any hassle from me for your reply on this thread :approve:

I look forward to the next instalment becoming available. You may rest assured that I'll be ordering my copy idc.

Regards,

Richard

• 13 years later...