British Speedway Forum

Name those riders

WATigerman

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20...Jamie Habbin???????

is it Sigalos in white in 21???(although unlikely) got an Alan Belham fork cover so probably a local rider...(with long hair)

Sorrys all round Steve. Interested that you guessed Siggy (but wrong !). A clue - it's a rider close to home........................

one last stab at 21 before I go to Owlerton,Nigel Flatman,has he emigrated to Perth ? either him or Rob Woffinden lol

Andrew I give you a round of applause - Nigel Flatman it is. He has lived in Perth for many years (close to "my" home - I live in Perth) and I've watched him at Claremont (no longer exists - went last Sat. to Claremont for the Royal Show. Speedway track completely grassed over :cry: ) and more recently Kwinana - about 28km south of Perth. Kinda spooky when I've only before seen him ride for the Witches (not even seen him ride for P'boro). I used to work here in Perth with a bloke that bought a house from him. He - Nigel - is now retired, and runs a limousine company in Perth. That's enough trivia for today.

25...Peter Collins???

Steve - either that was a complete and utter guess or you are a superior being from another planet. I salute you - see pic #32.

Falcace - pass him the anorak :lol:

i could say it was sheer genius and i recognised him by the way he doesn't bend the peak on the cap....

or it was a complete guess.... you decide

(but then how many would have got Eric Monaghan?)

Ok Steve there you go.........but I must insist on keeping the year badges ;)

Falcace - Steve getting 25 must've hurt, though you still have my unmitigated admiration for getting Darren Boocock - you must've been an Owlerton regular (leading question - potentially very difficult photos to come.......)

26 - Per Jonsson, Peter Carr - Yes x 2

30 - Kurt Hansen, Les Collins - I've no idea on Y/B, though the name rings a bell. Thanks for that !!

29 - Billy Sanders - the late great

31 - Phil Crump

- Yes. I last saw Phil C at Nambour (Qld. Aus.) in 1990 vs. the touring Russian side. Weird for me - so used to seeing (this) PC ride for Newport/(Bristol - yes I remember that !)/Swindon.