British Speedway Forum

Speedway Riders' Benevolent Fund Meeting 29/03

yes all that did happen with ashworth but lets just drop it now its utterly pathetic if you want to start this all agian about ashworth go and make a thread about it but dont be posting it on here. We should be focusing on the fact that thousands of pounds have been raised for many riders and should be glad and respectful this meeting happenend and that we got some fantastic entertainment out of it and was all for the riders.

i really enjoyed the meeting and got to meet alot of the brummies fans who are such a great bunch cant wait until birmingham come down to owlerton so we can see them agian on the 1st and 2nd bend.

If Ashworth keeps up like this though that money might be going to a rider because of his actions

Its another incident and it happened in this meeting, so it should be disgust here

If it wasn't to be discussed on this thread simple answer Ashworth stops it or some thing is put in place to stop it.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ashworth/Makovsky is in the past

The incident in this meeting was nothing like the above incident, but can be DISCUSSED :wink:

Ashworth stops what? Sticking his leg out to balance like a lot of riders do?

If Ashworth keeps up like this though that money might be going to a rider because of his actions

Its another incident and it happened in this meeting, so it should be disgust here

If it wasn't to be discussed on this thread simple answer Ashworth stops it or some thing is put in place to stop it.

Were you there on Sunday?

Total silence,

Why on earth anyone thinks that bring up last seasons incident between Ricky Ashworth and Michal Makovsky does any good on this thread I don't know, but I will say this.

(1) I was not at Berwick so I can only comment on the video evidence presented, upon watching that I would say watching that it is not conclusive, which does not mean I am saying that Ricky was innocent, but also that he is not guilty as far as I am concern you cannot tell from the video evidence provided by WJM again.

(2) If I was Michal Makovsky or his Promoter I would have put in a complaint against Ricky Ashworth, if I felt that I was pushed off or my rider was pushed of a bike on purpose, I would want the rider dealing with. Now as far as I am aware there was no complaint from either rider or promoter,if anyone can prove that they did then I stand corrected, if it was so blatant why was there no complaint from either.

First chance ive had to post on the meeting.

I enjoyed the day and think the idea of a regular meeting for the benevolent fund is a great idea, however my impression of the day was that it was WAY too long.

The flood of people leaving the minute the 2nd place result was announced bears out testimony that i wasnt the only one.

Nearly 3 hrs for a speedway meeting is , in my opinion, way too long.

I like the Sheffield track - its fast and can lead to some good racing. There were several heats that offered some heart stopping moments and was worth the admission fee alone.

However the padding of 4 extra races for the youngsters and the 3 old timers heats were too many in my opinion.

maybe the format needs tinkering a bit as some of the heats on Sunday were spread out and lacked much enthusiasm.

Good to see Briggo, freddie Williiams and Bert going round on bikes.

The injured riders present was exactly what the meeting was about - i thank each and every one for coming along.

Woffy was superb and always had the best reception on the terraces. What a pleasure, as a wolves fan, to watch this lad develop.

Adams as expected was classy along with crump.

Our freddie started well but faded a little.

Our UK number one Mr Nicholls, who has left England behind to better himself in the GP`s looked awful and either wasnt bothering or was completely outclassed. I think it was the later. Where as the likes of Crump will be challenging for the crown again - on this showing Nicholls will struggle to make the top ten. Anyway glad you have your priorities right Scott.

Watt was a little hit and miss.

Kennett was pretty poor

Barker was very impressive and his battle with Woff was superb.

Ashworth strutted his stuff as top Tiger

compton was very up and down given his tigers legend status.

Doolan did very little.

Sitera tried hard to impress.

also rans - nieminen, lyons and hall.

Special mention for Auty who should have been pointless in a field like this but battled away with reward, particularly in his last 2 heats.

however my impression of the day was that it was WAY too long. The flood of people leaving the minute the 2nd place result was announced bears out testimony that i wasnt the only one.

Nearly 3 hrs for a speedway meeting is , in my opinion, way too long.

However the padding of 4 extra races for the youngsters and the 3 old timers heats were too many in my opinion.

maybe the format needs tinkering a bit as some of the heats on Sunday were spread out and lacked much enthusiasm.

Maybe if Heat 1 had begun at the advertised start time instead of 15 minutes later it may have chopped off a little bit of the time - I don't begrudge a parade featuring everyone whatsoever, but perhaps say parade 3.15, tapes up 3.30 prompt? On normal Thursdays we have the parade about 7.40 and generally don't start any later than 7.50 most of the time.

There's always going to be some minor things that don't suit everyone, but I think the organisers got 99% of it right on Sunday.

Does anyone know if the race jackets were auctioned off at the end of the meeting please

kind of there was a blind auction where people bidded for the race jacket but didnt know how much others bidded on an race jacket or if they had been bidded on but the race jackets that didnt get a bid will be put on ebay

hope this helps :)

Edited by spin king junior

The reaction of the Sheffield fans about 3 feet away from the incident says all it has to

Ashworth is a thug on a bike, and a cowardly thug at that

Good to see there are some decent Sheffield fans who don't have there heads buried in the sand

Always a great support at Berwick :approve:

Edited by wjm

The reaction of the Sheffield fans about 3 feet away from the incident says all it has to

Ashworth is a thug on a bike, and a cowardly thug at that

Good to see there are some decent Sheffield fans who don't have there heads buried in the sand

Always a great support at Berwick :approve:

Why do you keep bringing this silly thread up? it was deleted from the forom because of people like you. what was done was done theres no point going on about it. the race between ashworth and lindgren the other day was one of the best on show both riders giving it all. Thats what we go to see isnt it? so dont start trying to tarnish the lads name im sure if you feel that he was out of order then discuss it with him instead of hiding on here you window licker!

Why do you keep bringing this silly thread up? it was deleted from the forom because of people like you. what was done was done theres no point going on about it. the race between ashworth and lindgren the other day was one of the best on show both riders giving it all. Thats what we go to see isnt it? so dont start trying to tarnish the lads name im sure if you feel that he was out of order then discuss it with him instead of hiding on here you window licker!

Going by the ever excellent poster on here SCBs comments it would seem what he has done he has done but he has decided to do it again, hence why it is brought up

A rider goes out of his way to harm another, yet some have a problem with it being brought up on a speedway thread, very confusing,

I dont need to tarnish Ashowrths name is doing a good enough job of that him self

The cowardly thug that he is .

Maybe Ashowrth should take yer advice and take it up with a rider to there face rather than attacking them from behind or taking wild kicks at them.

Then we wouldn't be having this ever constructive conversation and having to use such grown up phrases as " window licker " in the first place.

Edited by wjm

Does anyone know if the race jackets were auctioned off at the end of the meeting please

I've just read the Bees website and they are auctioning off the Bees riders jackets and Jason Crumps race jacket after the meeting at Brandon tomorrow...no idea about the others.. :blink:

Edited by Jacques

Going by the ever excellent poster on here SCBs comments it would seem what he has done he has done but he has decided to do it again, hence why it is brought up

A rider goes out of his way to harm another, yet some have a problem with it being brought up on a speedway thread, very confusing,

I dont need to tarnish Ashowrths name is doing a good enough job of that him self

The cowardly thug that he is .

Maybe Ashowrth should take yer advice and take it up with a rider to there face rather than attacking them from behind or taking wild kicks at them.

Then we wouldn't be having this ever constructive conversation and having to use such grown up phrases as " window licker " in the first place.

But the real situation is you weren't there on Sunday and you don't know what if anything happened yet you are more than happy to start slagging again based on someone elses opinion and heresay. Well done!

there was no incident on sunday though! so dont jump on the band waggon and start somthing off that never happend you stupid jock

and you SCB can you explain where ashworth tried to kick lindgren off as the lad himself has no idea on what your going on about?

Edited by ROAD CLOSED

there was no incident on sunday though! so dont jump on the band waggon and start somthing off that never happend you stupid jock

You're a charmer babe

So because I didn't see it means it didn't happen

Why such a head in the sand mentality for when a rider is in the wrong ?.

That a rider went out of his way to injure another ?

Yes I will always bring some thing like that up.

but he didn't go out of his way to injure another rider so there is nothing to bring up :rolleyes:

you're just using a comment from someone else to use as ammo to bring up a past incident