British Speedway Forum

Speedway Riders' Benevolent Fund Meeting 29/03

Typical Sheffield move, done every week by the home riders.

I have nothing against your comments about Ricky Ashworth I did not see what you claim too have seen, but I take exception to the comment above, so you claim that every rider that has rode in Sheffield colours ride dangerously, or dirty.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have nothing against your comments about Ricky Ashworth I did not see what you claim too have seen, but I take exception to the comment above, so you claim that every rider that has rode in Sheffield colours ride dangerously, or dirty.

I think he was just saying that a typical move to pass at Sheffield is to dive under someone on bend 3 and continue to push them out.

I think that's what happened in that heat anyway!

I commented on that kind of move during the Scunthorpe meeting when Auty did it. My exact words were that it was dangerous and, in that scenario, had Howe not seen it coming it could have ended very very badly.

I don't think it was dangerous or dirty. Hard but totally fair.

That would be John Simmons wouldn't it GM.

Felt exactly the same.

Yes got it in one!

I think he was just saying that a typical move to pass at Sheffield is to dive under someone on bend 3 and continue to push them out.

Sean Wilson was the master at that, it is a typical move used at Owlerton.

Edited by General Melchitt

A great meeting, was worried about how much grading needed doing every few heats, ladams must of liked it though as he was in the dirt round the outside after most grades.

Crumpy just goes out to win win win which was wot he's all about.

Scott had a sunday afternoon skid but kept trying all the time, me thinks he wasn't going to put the coming year at risk and get any injuries.

BTW he spent time with us after the meeting at his van and my son got to meet his hero - cheers scott you are a true gent and time you took with everyone was great.

His van looks great and he was nearly late for the meeting!!!

Bring it on next year.

I don't think it was dangerous or dirty. Hard but totally fair.

Time for some realism I reckon, for God's sake if sticking your leg out was grounds for disciplinary action then a certain Tomasz Gollob would be chucked out of every meeting he rides in, it is simply a method of balancing the bike at speed! :rolleyes:

Time for some realism I reckon, for God's sake if sticking your leg out was grounds for disciplinary action then a certain Tomasz Gollob would be chucked out of every meeting he rides in, it is simply a method of balancing the bike at speed! :rolleyes:

I've got no issue with the leg out of the bends but since when did rider throw it out half way down a straight when passing another rider?

Lets not forget that Ricky kicked Michal Makovsky of his bike last season, so he's got a history of doing it.

I've got no issue with the leg out of the bends but since when did rider throw it out half way down a straight when passing another rider?

Lets not forget that Ricky kicked Michal Makovsky of his bike last season, so he's got a history of doing it.

And before any one trys to tell you he didn't.....

About 1 minute in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrfwOSIV2M0

Of course not. :rolleyes: But Makovsky is a bit of a mentalist, so don't try to paint of picture of him as an angel. :wink:

All the best

Rob

Who is trying to do that :blink:

This had sod all to do with Makovsky other than that he has also been a victim of Ashworth acting like a bell end.

Stop attention seeking. :wink:

Edited by wjm

How to ruin a constructive thread, same whingers whinging about the same old same old. Somebody will start a thread about the Sky commentary team the same as the last 5 years next then we'll hear about same old same old again!

Yes, shocking. On a thread about a meeting for injured riders we condemn the maniacs who are trying to injure riders.

yes all that did happen with ashworth but lets just drop it now its utterly pathetic if you want to start this all agian about ashworth go and make a thread about it but dont be posting it on here. We should be focusing on the fact that thousands of pounds have been raised for many riders and should be glad and respectful this meeting happenend and that we got some fantastic entertainment out of it and was all for the riders.

i really enjoyed the meeting and got to meet alot of the brummies fans who are such a great bunch cant wait until birmingham come down to owlerton so we can see them agian on the 1st and 2nd bend.