British Speedway Forum

Ozchem Classic On Sunday, March 15

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a little concerned that there are no announcements on competitors for this meeting.

Will it still be going ahead on the stated date, given that there are so many other individuals on the same day?

I'm a little concerned that there are no announcements on competitors for this meeting.

Will it still be going ahead on the stated date, given that there are so many other individuals on the same day?

don't let Tigerblues cop her eyes on this... :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

really starting to worry about this meeting. just over a month to go and no word on any riders while top names are being announced at swindon

can anyone else see this being called the Ozchem Top Gun?

You like watching away wins?

It doesn't really matter to me whether the home or away team wins as i don't support either.

As long as there is some good racing that's good enough for me. That's why i'm planning to go to Sheffield :P

It doesn't really matter to me whether the home or away team wins as i don't support either.

As long as there is some good racing that's good enough for me. That's why i'm planning to go to Sheffield :P

You like watching away wins?

Which is why he goes to Monmore rather than Brandon! :wink::lol:

Edited by superguest

so its announced on BSPA site that the meeting will be Europe vs the rest of the world.

Why do that? Is there a single fan who prefers watching pointless teams that nobody has any affinity to rather than individual racing that at least has the likelyhood of some riders you like be able to be supported. This kind of thing confuses me.

Why do that? Is there a single fan who prefers watching pointless teams that nobody has any affinity to rather than individual racing that at least has the likelyhood of some riders you like be able to be supported. This kind of thing confuses me.

Wasn't the idea that as there is an individual meeting a couple of weeks later and this would be a slightly different format for the fans to watch?

Good to see Greg& Jason are certainties & Tai as well.

Personally it doesn't matter to me what the format is or who is or isn't present, i'll be there to show a mark of respect for my old mate & his other 'alf

I don't see what the confusion is all about it's 7 v 7 simple as that. :rolleyes:

Edited by colincooke

Personally it doesn't matter to me what the format is or who is or isn't present, i'll be there to show a mark of respect for my old mate & his other 'alf
And thats a more than good enough reason to go to this meeting, I agree. Just a personal opinion, I'm not a fan of made up teams, I just struggle to support either team as they often both have rider I do/don't like so have an individual and I can still boo/cheer the riders I don't/do like. Would be interesting to know if I'm the only one (and while it's being discussed it keep the thread at the top of the section so seen by more ;))

And thats a more than good enough reason to go to this meeting, I agree. Just a personal opinion, I'm not a fan of made up teams, I just struggle to support either team as they often both have rider I do/don't like so have an individual and I can still boo/cheer the riders I don't/do like. Would be interesting to know if I'm the only one (and while it's being discussed it keep the thread at the top of the section so seen by more ;) )

I do see where you're coming from but this one isn't really about boos/cheers /likes/don't likes it's about celebrating the lives of 2 great people just as the meeting at Newport is to celebrate Tim Stone.