British Speedway Forum

2004 GP Wild Cards

I think if Cegielski were to be fit (big if) he would take the place of Bajerski who faded quite badly towards the end of the season. In fact I would favour Hampel to be picked before him in any case. Hope Mark gets chosen but I do have a nagging feeling that they may only pick one Brit...

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think Loram will get a wild card. He hasn't really done much this year. A shame really as I like him but hey, that's the way it goes.

I reckon Lukas Dryml should get a wild card. If it hadn't been for his crash(es) he would have been in the top 10.

I can't remember if Scott Nicholls made it into top 10 but if he didn't he would be a good bet too.

I might be wrong Tom, but i think Matej got in the Gp's originally on merit, by winning the Continental Final. Though after a reasonable first year he had to rely on a sympathetic seeding to see him in for a second year(which was very poor).

Can see your logic behind picking Schultze, but it really would not be fair on the fella or one of the top riders who would have to miss out.

I might be wrong Tom, but i think Matej got in the Gp's originally on merit, by winning the Continental Final. Though after a reasonable first year he had to rely on a sympathetic seeding to see him in for a second year(which was very poor).

Can see your logic behind picking Schultze, but it really would not be fair on the fella or one of the top riders who would have to miss out.

I never said it would have been fair on the other guys or that shultz should get one. Yes Matej won the continental final the first year but imo there were better riders to be seeded the year after (notably Joe Screen)

Sure Tom, I'm not saying you're wrong that Ferjan was given a seeding in his 2nd year over riders who merited it more. I just thought I would point out that he originally got in on merit.

Personally i don't agree that a rider should get in because his own country is staging a GP, the quality of riders should be more important than their money generating possibilities.

With Scott being the only Brit in the top 10 surely 1 if not 2 more Brits have to go back in the gp's! That will mean Lee and Mark!

I would like to see Jarek Hampel given a chance,im sure he can do well in them ;)

Lukas Dryml will go back in i would think after the start he made in the championship he could well have been world champ!

Then i think maybe Max and Hans Andersen will make the 6 riders to go back in!

2004 INDIVIDUAL SPEEDWAY WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP GRAND PRIX

QUALIFIED RIDERS

Riding N° Name Country

1 NICKI PEDERSEN DENMARK

2 JASON CRUMP AUSTRALIA

3 TONY RICKARDSSON SWEDEN

4 LEIGH ADAMS AUSTRALIA

5 GREG HANCOCK USA

6 TOMASZ GOLLOB POLAND

7 SCOTT NICHOLLS GREAT BRITAIN

8 RUNE HOLTA NORWAY

9 RYAN SULLIVAN AUSTRALIA

10 ANDREAS JONSSON SWEDEN

11 MARK LORAM GREAT BRITAIN

12 PIOTR PROTASIEWICZ POLAND

13 LUKAS DRYML CZECH REPUBLIC

14 MIKAEL MAX SWEDEN

15 BJARNE PEDERSEN DENMARK

16 LEE RICHARDSON GREAT BRITAIN

17 HANS ANDERSEN DENMARK

18 BOHUMIL BRHEL CZECH REPUBLIC

19 KAI LAUKKANEN FINLAND

20 ALES DRYML CZECH REPUBLIC

21 JESPER B. JENSEN DENMARK

22 JAROSLAW HAMPEL POLAND

23 WILD CARD

24 WILD CARD

Welcome Stanislawski :D

I think there are other fans from Slovenia on here too!