British Speedway Forum

I don't think Nicholls should even be considered for Team GB. he turned his back on the EL, we should not give him the opportunity of representing his country if he can't be arsed to ride over here.

Rather use Bridger, Tai, Eddie, Harris, Richardson. At least they race in this country.

Do you think that the Brazil football team should not pick players that don't play in Brazil league ? Speedway a job at the end of the day and scott can choose where and how he earns his living just like you and me can .

Team gb should pick the best riders no matter where they ride and at this present time scott is one them .

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What has Happened to Jason Crumps attitude...? hes like Mr. nice guy now and although he is riding well seems to have lost the fight in him which shows in interviews....!

We noticed that he didn't seem to have much enthusiasm for the meeting, he needs to be racing in GB again I can see haha Nah, he's like a lot of the top guys, had long careers where they have to put loads of effort into being professional and getting the edge, it takes it's toll ......................

Congratulations to Emil on his win, in contrast to Jason he seemed to be loving it, good to see him show just how pleased he was after the final, engaging with the fans, that's young exuberance for you I guess :)

I hate slick tracks.

I still can not belive that the gp promoters do not tell Ole that they don't want any more slick tracks.

Yes the riders love them as its so much safer but they need to sell there product and slick tracks equals one thing procesional racing.

Scott is just not good enough and neither is Harris its time somone else got a shot at it. Years and years of watching Nichols bottle it.

Last night was the most boring meeting I have ever seen with almost no passing. It was a trappers track and a total waste of time.

when riders like Pedersen can't get past vastly inferior riders it sums up a track. no wonder the stadium was half empty

Slick tracks will kill the GP series as the crowd want to see some passing. I did consider going to Prague but after seeing last years and last night there is no chance of a visit.

When you can fill in the program after bend 2 there is no point.

What a breath of fresh air Emil brings to the series. It was excitement all the way every time he took to the track. The only surprise was that the commentators were surprised that he was capable of such a feat. Anyone who follows the sport knows it was a matter of time before he did as he did last night, albeit slightly earlier than most would have predicted. The old guard have to surely rethink their strategy for the rest of the season.

Poor night for the brits, but not many thought it would be any different. Gating was paramount last night, and Scotty still hasn't learned. The only rider from gate 4 who didn't win from the first 5 heats sums him up.

Rob Lyon as a guest on Sky. No more please. Shifty eye movement when on camera, and didn't have anything to say that wasn't obvious to anyone who was watching.

I hate slick tracks.

I still can not belive that the gp promoters do not tell Ole that they don't want any more slick tracks.

Yes the riders love them as its so much safer but they need to sell there product and slick tracks equals one thing procesional racing.

Scott is just not good enough and neither is Harris its time somone else got a shot at it. Years and years of watching Nichols bottle it.

It's not slick tracks that give processional racing, it's the riders on it.

Sajfutinov,Pedersen, Walasek, Adams, Harris all had the ability/desire to overtake in Prague:

Too many riders are safe within the GP series, hopefully the rumoured change in the qualification, with only the Champion and 4 TV picks (wild cards) returning will liven it up.

The GP was better than most Sky sports live "Elite" league meetings for entertainment, and a worthy winner.

A good nights viewing.

Poor track, poor meeting,poor crowd. They doubled the prices and halved the crowd, i knew as soon as i saw they were charging £33 to go on the back straight the poles would stay away. Over the years the poles have filled the place, but there was no way they were going to come in thier thousands at those inflated prices. As for the track, sadly it's the same in poland this year from what i've seen and heard, the 3 meetings i know about have all been the same, slick track and hardly any passing. At least it was nice to see emil and freddie do so well.

I think it's a laugh that they prepare the tracks so the racing is crap ................... the riders love slick tracks so they don't stand a chance of winning after the 2nd bend, is that the truth?

The fantastic victory by Emil is papering over the cracks if you ask me, what we have here is a serious issue that is damaging the reputation of the sport at the highest level. Yes, its great to see the worlds top riders come together every couple of weeks and compete for the world championship, Yes it all looks very pretty and glamourous with the start line girls and the guests in the Sky studio but the actual on track entertainment is failing to deliver.

I would compare it to Formula One, all the build up is very exciting, the A-list celebs in the pit lane looks great - but again, the actual race is a non event most of the time. The GP's are becoming a business - all about looking good and making money and I'm bored by it. I will still watch it on TV because I love the sport but having been to Cardiff I doubt if I will ever go to a GP again.

The next GP is crucial, Leszno is a fantastic track that usually provides great passing and entertainment once the dirt moves out, if that turns out to be slick then I cant understand the point of going to tracks that have good reputations - anyone remember the first Bydgoszcz GP last year :rolleyes:

Bye the way, no jokes about "papering over the cracks on the actual track" please :lol:

I don't think Nicholls should even be considered for Team GB. he turned his back on the EL, we should not give him the opportunity of representing his country if he can't be arsed to ride over here.

Rather use Bridger, Tai, Eddie, Harris, Richardson. At least they race in this country.

Interesting angle Steve, of course some could argue that Poole should be stripped of last years title for not having a single Briton in their line up. I also presume the Pirates contacted Nicholls during the winter to offer him Bjarne or Holders place ? and that Swindon offered to ditch Adams etc.

I hate slick tracks.

Completely agree about the track,it was another borfest served up by Olsen,the quicker he is off the track set up job the better.Watched the first dozen or so races this morning and was so bored missed the rest and went straight to the final.

Nicholls and Harris are an embarressment and so far out of their depth.Trouble is they are the best this country has to offer,maybe a year or two down the line Woffinden will be ready but untill then we are stuck with these two or at least this year as if they dont get in next year as of right they surely wont get a wildcard pick again.

The problem at Prague as I think Sam Ermolenko pointed out, is they tend to over water the track. This early in the season is stupid, as although warm daytime, still gets cold at night, so track does not dry out, as proved at Coventry on Friday night. Whilst I am not an Ole Olsen fan, he cannot be blamed for the amount of water put on to the track. He has to have slick tracks because of the tight schedule with Sky TV, finished on time last night for once, in spite of Semi Final 2 rerun, the only incident of the night.;

On another topic, just how many people turned up at the track, 10,000 was mentioned, they must have been standing on top of each other in the standing area. The only full area seemed to be the main stand area, usually filled with sponsors.

Whilst I am not an Ole Olsen fan, he cannot be blamed for the amount of water put on to the track.

Oh yes he can he's part of IMG/BSI who are ultimately responsible ................... can't IMG/BSI sort the schedules with SKY if they feel the tracks need more attention during the meetings?

The problem at Prague as I think Sam Ermolenko pointed out, is they tend to over water the track. This early in the season is stupid, as although warm daytime, still gets cold at night, so track does not dry out, as proved at Coventry on Friday night. Whilst I am not an Ole Olsen fan, he cannot be blamed for the amount of water put on to the track. He has to have slick tracks because of the tight schedule with Sky TV, finished on time last night for once, in spite of Semi Final 2 rerun, the only incident of the night.;

I'm not sure how over-watering can be blamed for that. There was dust up from heat 1, and the first four heats were easily the worst in terms of racing and availability of lines. Far from over-watered, that was way, way too dry at the start.

Agree with all that Emil is a sensation, thought he would do ok, but gee whizz. :approve:

Once again the snipers are out for OUR brits, yes they were'nt good, yes it's poor that bomber says he was happy with that, next up it's Leszno, the Team GB graveyard so don't expect any improvement soon.

Remember they weren't the only one's having a poor night, by Andersen's excellent standards he was well below par as was Gollob.

Looking at the crowd n the back straight, it seems I was not the only 1 who decided after 3 years of crap that I was not going to bother going to Prague this year. They need to sort it out and soon they'll be left with half a dozen people there

Looking at the crowd n the back straight, it seems I was not the only 1 who decided after 3 years of crap that I was not going to bother going to Prague this year. They need to sort it out and soon they'll be left with half a dozen people there

On an earlier post it said the standing area was packed like sardines, so maybe more about the ticket price than racing quality.