British Speedway Forum

Was about ready to switch channels after the first 8 heats, nearly fell asleep and then it was all livened up by the young Russian and Freddie. Nice to see some new faces on the rostrum and to see some new exciting riders coming through, just a shame they are not British. I will always hope that Scott and Bomber will win one day, but am very much looking forward to watching the progress of Emil and Freddie.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank god Emil Sayfutdinov was there tonight, I find it irritating that we have the finest riders in the world, at the finest circuits in the world, riding to a world audiance, but still they cannot prepare the track for proper speedway, its more like Moto GP.

Give the riders more grip and passing lines and the product then becomes the finest sport in the world, at the moment its a bit like watching your granny knit cardies.

And the fully rested, totally foc ass ed Global Superstar came....................................................

About as poor as he has ever been. In all honesty, Scott emerged as a good rider from early on. He did all the right things, winning the British Under-21 Championship twice and then transferred to Poole whereapon he became a competent rider at heat leader status. In 2001 he returned to Ipswich and, after a quiet start, hit a rich vein of form with a string of maximums in the EL and, in all honesty, looked just about unbeatable. A collar bone injury interrupted his progress but he still went on to finishing 2nd in the EL averages behind Jason Crump then runner up to the same rider in the ELR Championship having led for much of the final race. He qualified for the SGP series in 2002 but had a fairly modest series apart form almost snatching victory in the Australian round, then qualified by right in 2003. Since then he has, by and large, gone backwards on the World stage. If his form doesn't pick up, there are two questions. Will he be given yet another wild card and will Rob Lyon be brave enough to drop him from the first SWC round at Peterborough?

I don't think Nicholls should even be considered for Team GB. he turned his back on the EL, we should not give him the opportunity of representing his country if he can't be arsed to ride over here.

Rather use Bridger, Tai, Eddie, Harris, Richardson. At least they race in this country.

Have to agree, he is like a breath of fresh air, and I think that he is what the Grand Prix has been looking for, for around the last five years or so.

It's a shame Holder doesn't have the same belief in himself. The inclusion of two younger talents would have really shaken the old boy's club up.

Have to agree, he is like a breath of fresh air, and I think that he is what the Grand Prix has been looking for, for around the last five years or so.

Yep, just wish there were more like him... :approve: absolute entertainment and commitment personified...with a bit of madness thrown in.... :wink:

I don't think Nicholls should even be considered for Team GB. he turned his back on the EL, we should not give him the opportunity of representing his country if he can't be arsed to ride over here.

Rather use Bridger, Tai, Eddie, Harris, Richardson. At least they race in this country.

never ever happens....but 110% agree with you

:blink:

I don't behold to that. It's who will perform best for the team that matters to me. I picked a team ( 5) on current form yesterday, that I would probably change today... :rolleyes:

You, yourself know that Rob Lyons is challenged with his choice, we need a mix of both...unless of course you advocate that Screeny should be in the team?

I don't suppose anyone picked up tonight, Sam's comments. When he visited Swindon the other day, Leigh Adams was the fittest out of all of them ... :rolleyes:

Well frankly that is disgraceful, the Oldest Rider is in the best shape... :rolleyes:

Edited by Jacques

Embarrassing for the sport. Racing non existant due to the concrete surface, stadium about half full with lots of spare seats visible and Milliard worse than ever if that could be possible.

Only positive was the Russian, who is mad.

Still we learnt Millard has a green car and got his knowledge of the work permit issues regarding Kolpak. Brilliant.

Not sure I can go along with that. The points limit shows that the EL promoters aren't overly keen on having the GP boys in teams, so why should they be penalised for not riding here? I also fail to see how it's possible to, on the one hand criticise a rider for his performance at the highest level, then on the other criticise him for concentrating on a higher level of competition.

It's who will perform best for the team that matters to me.

Well he did bugger all at Coventry last year.

If that was his "best" then heaven help us. :lol:

Totally agree with you here.

The 'English version' which he has in his passport is: Sayfutdinov

The 'Polish version' is: Sajfutdinow.

Both are correct, but only these two ones.

There are differing theories in transliterating Russian Cyrillic into Latin text.

It's very common to use a j or an i for the letter й.

However, if Emil has decided that the Latin version of his name is Sayfutdinov then you Poles shouldn't be allowed to mess with his choice :lol:

Just in case anyone doesn't know, the "proper" spelling of Emil's name is Эмиль Сайфутдинов.

Edit - Almost forgot to say....It really doesn't matter how you spell his name, it just matters that he is a ridiculously talented speedway rider. The fact that he won on that track despite his dire gating says a lot about the lad!

Edited by HenryW

I don't suppose anyone picked up tonight, Sam's comments. When he visited Swindon the other day, Leigh Adams was the fittest out of all of them ... :rolleyes:

He most certainly is!!!!!

...oh

...... you didn't mean in that way :wink:

heh heh heh x

Edited by firestormdax