• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few not certains - but I'll give it a go anyway:

Unknown 5: Eric Boothroyd

Unknown 6. Ron Bagley

Unknown practising at Wembley 1; Henryk Zyto

Unknown practising at Wembley 2: Josef Hofmeister

Unknown at Rye House: Sandor Lavai

Well done, chaps. Great work. Please keep 'em coming. Rather than update the corrected captions and move them to their appropriate club sections, I'll leave them in the 'Mystery' section for now, in case anyone wishes to offer other alternative opinions!

We will be adding some of the older clubs' racejackets - (eg, New Cross, Harringay, Norwich, Southampton, etc) to the club section fairly soonish, so that pics of riders from those defuct tracks can be showcased.

Many thanks for all your help.

Edited by tmc

Have just added some more to the site - all from 1972 - featuring Barrow, Cradley Heath, Ipswich (team practice), Long Eaton.

Many thanks for your help.

Tony Mac

Your pushing your luck now Tony. :D

(I guess you did actually notice I ordered three prints Tony from the last lot?)

Your pushing your luck now Tony. :D

(I guess you did actually notice I ordered three prints Tony from the last lot?)

Jim,

I did, but I prefer confirmed 'orders' that state which size prints (A4 or 6x4) you require, along with appropriate payment via our PayPal email address of subs@retro-speedway.com!!!

Edited by tmc

Jim,

I did, but I prefer confirmed 'orders' that state which size prints (A4 or 6x4) you require, along with appropriate payment via our PayPal email address of subs@retro-speedway.com!!!

Oh ye of little faith. You have funds. :)

Cradley 10 is Ian Ross

Long Eaton 1 is Peter Taylor, I think

Edited by frigbo

I agree with frigbo on Ian Ross, and I also think that the Wimbledon junior from 1976 is probably Ian Williams - obviously not the one who used to ride for Swindon!

Steve

Ive enlisted the help of Poole press officer,Gordon Day.He has come up with the following.

Poole 1- Liverpool rider Norman Murray

Poole 3- The racejacket has white stripes on either sides which puts it at 1961 and the rider is Gordon Bailey ( he often wore a white jersey like Ivor Brown, I think he came over from the Channel Islands )

Poole 4- The two riders leaning on the safety fence are Cliff Newton ( left ) and John Pitman ( right ) who rode for Vic Gooden’s juniors. It could even have been taken at Poole. The year would be 1958, the only year that Cliff rode for Poole.