British Speedway Forum

Black/White photos. World Finals Wembley 1981/USA 1982 etc..

Gemini

No. 60 again...

If Brian Leonard is in red, the other West Ham rider must be Ted Ede and the Poole riders are: White - Ronnie Genz; Y&B - Pete Munday. (and it's Heat 8 of the West Ham v. Poole match on 27 July)

If Brian Leonard is in blue then the other Hammer is Sverre Harrfeldt. I'll save the Poole riders until you tell me if Brian is in red....

How am I doing, Gem?

I thought it could be Sverre, but it must be a bad photo because the style looks poor for him and he would normally not be in the photo in 1965 :approve::P

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone going to name the Poole rider in first place? If you think Harrfeldt looks uncomfortable what about him?! :lol:

Think I had better give a couple of clues as to the identity of No's 14 and 56.

No 14 has a popular Welsh surname and No 56 has the same surname as a regular contributor to our forum. ;-)

14 is Rob Jones of Wimbledon.

Anyone going to name the Poole rider in first place? If you think Harrfeldt looks uncomfortable what about him?! :lol:

The Poole rider in front could be either Geoff Mudge, Pete Smith or Bill Andrew.

Harrfeldt and Leonard met Andrew and Smith in Heat 2 (4-2 to the Hammers: result 1st Harrfeldt 2nd Smith 3rd Leonard Andrew did not finish) and met Mudge and Smith in heat 6 (another 4-2: 1st Harrfeldt 2nd Mudge 3rd Leonard 4th Smith).

West Ham won the match 48-30. McKinlay and Harrfeldt both scored maximums.

Message to falcace - it's Samorodov

14 is Rob Jones of Wimbledon.

Correct frigbo. :D

It's not Ian Turner is it? Looks a bit big.

No it's not Tiddler, but you have got the right surname grachan.

The Poole rider in front could be either Geoff Mudge, Pete Smith or Bill Andrew.

It's Pete Smith.

Thanks Norbold. I now know it is Bill Andrew at the back and just to prove there was passing in those days Harrfeldt in third place came through to win. ;-)

Gemini is guess 2 Valeri Gordeeav and Victor Trovimov

not sure of spelling

My guess for no2 would be Igor Plechanov and Boris Samadorov (is that spelt right? Norbold? Norbold?

Unfortunately I don't think we will solve this one because I have no idea as it doesn't say on the back of the photo. :-(

It's not Ian Turner is it? Looks a bit big.

No it's not Tiddler, but you have got the right surname grachan.

(

I remember a Turner at Ellesmere Port in the 70s, but not sure of his first name. I keep thinking 'Steve' but I'm probably getting confused.

Chris Turner

Bugger Frigbo! I've just remembered!

Only if you ask nicely :P

Chris Turner

Correct again frigbo. :D

Do you know anything else about Chris, who he used to ride for etc. as I'd like to add a few notes when I make my new scrapbook.

My kids are going to love me - more "rubbish" to sort out when I kick the bucket. :P

It rings a bell that he rode for Long Eaton at one point but I'm probably completely wrong as usual.

I'll get some more gen for you when i get home.

I know he rode for Ellesmere Port and Belle Vue for certain.

Think he had a spell with Edinburgh in the early 80's, Long Eaton does ring a bell as well, 83/84 ish.

I seem to remember he was about a 7 point man in the old NL and averaged about 5ish for BV in the British league.