British Speedway Forum

Black/White photos. World Finals Wembley 1981/USA 1982 etc..

Gemini

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. 56. Yes, it's tough. Good though isn't it? :lol: Interesting details about his bike too, but sorry, no it's not Gary Middleton or Brian Collins. :-(

Got my guessing hat on again - is 54 Phil Collins ?

Phew! That was close...... ;)

[56 - not Frank Auffret. Don't think anyone will guess this. Where's Steve when you need him? :lol: He has quite distictive looking leathers.[/color]

well going by the leathers, it could be Barry Crowson???

the picture is certainly at Wimbledon but it's not a Dons racejacket

i'll have another punt around....

WATigerman....

Is the fallen rider in 52 (1) Bernie Leigh; or (2) Richard Greer ?

Sorry - No.

Gonna give up on no. 54 after a last guess of Geoff Pusey - someone please put me out of my misery on this one. I can't believe you gave up on this as there were only two brothers left! But it's given me a laugh anyway. :lol:

54 must be PC then

Wey Hey!! At last - success. :D

It's not Geoff Pusey though on No. 56.

Is 52 Richard May and Barry Thomas?

No. 60 again...

If Brian Leonard is in red, the other West Ham rider must be Ted Ede and the Poole riders are: White - Ronnie Genz; Y&B - Pete Munday. (and it's Heat 8 of the West Ham v. Poole match on 27 July)

If Brian Leonard is in blue then the other Hammer is Sverre Harrfeldt. I'll save the Poole riders until you tell me if Brian is in red....

How am I doing, Gem?

No. 60 again...

If Brian Leonard is in red, the other West Ham rider must be Ted Ede and the Poole riders are: White - Ronnie Genz; Y&B - Pete Munday. (and it's Heat 8 of the West Ham v. Poole match on 27 July)

If Brian Leonard is in blue then the other Hammer is Sverre Harrfeldt. I'll save the Poole riders until you tell me if Brian is in red....

How am I doing, Gem?

I wish this photo was in colour! It would make things a lot easier. :lol:

Working it out by your strategy I would say that Brian Leonard is in blue because the West Ham rider is Sverre Harrfeldt. I've only got the name of the Poole rider in front so it would be nice to know who is in last place.

Gemini - you've captioned no. 40 as "Martin Ashby(?)" but I think we decided this was John Titman(?)

Thanks WATigerman for spotting my deliberate mistake. :P I have altered it now.

Is 52 Richard May and Barry Thomas?

Frigbo I have only got one rider named and that's the one who's fallen. It says D. May so I presume Richard is his Sunday best posh name instead of Dick. ;-) .. :lol:

56 - George Hunter??

No, sorry Falcace. I don't think anyone will get this and I can't give a clue because I don't know who he rode for. :?