British Speedway Forum

Black/White photos. World Finals Wembley 1981/USA 1982 etc..

Gemini

40 - I've seen that one loads of times. It's Zenon Plech, with possibly John Titman behind.

(as above:

24 - Hans Neilsen, Chris Morton, Jiri Stancl

30 - You've already got that one. Ha ha - revenge for number 52! Peter Collins & Doug Wyer.

35 - Sportak on the back & stars on the arms. Got to be John Davis.

38 - Looks like Briggo's crash helmet so I'll say it's him. Don't think it is though!

39 - Grasping at straws here! Is that a White City race jacket? Looks like number 6 on the back? Er..... Trevor Geer.)

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

40 - I've seen that one loads of times. It's Zenon Plech, with possibly John Titman behind. Yes. Haven't got name for 2nd rider but it does look like Titman.

Answered your others on previous post on page 4.

38 - Looks like Briggo's crash helmet so I'll say it's him. Don't think it is though! Oh yea of little faith! Yes, it's Briggo. Strange how he uses his left hand, but I presume that's the one with the missing thumb?

think Briggo is still capable of giving a thumbs up....

(with both hands)

just doesn't have so many fingers in so many pies that's all....

39 is Paul Gachet and Graeme Stapleton i think

39 is Paul Gachet and Graeme Stapleton i think. Graeme Stapleton yes, but it's not Paul Gachet. Is Stapleton the one in the air?

Clue to the other rider...think of a very famous Speedway family name.

Too late! We must have posted at the same time WATigerman! Yes it's Eric Dugard. :D Which one is airborn and who is on the track does anyone know?

Only five to go now....

7 - Carter/Chris Morton. With Muller. Yes.

17 - Penhall/Jessup Yes.

Eric Dugard flying. Thanks.

Somebody already correctly identified no. 11 as Penhall/George Best. Sorry - that's another one out then. :D

24... Nielsen, Morton, Jancarz Jancarz seems very popular, but it's not what I've got. ;-)

Unfortunately the first four photos are not named so I don't know, but I think we're all agreed it is Nigel Boocock on the inside.

Just need the 3rd rider on No 24. Nielsen, Morton & ?. Think I will find the programme to make sure there is no mistake on the names on the back of the photo. :lol: