British Speedway Forum

Stra At Rye House

Yes,surely if they were advertised and also an entrance fee charged then they would be legit meetings.And as such only one a month would be able to be run.Plus if the general public was welcomed as such,then you would also need to comply with other safety standards?I know in Denmark they run lots of meetings that are not essentially for the general public(80cc meetings and 500cc meetings other than Superliga).They require less stringent medical facilities for these meetings!!!!

If thats the case, then I'm sure we don't want to complicate the issue, but why can't they have the odd meeting here and there with spectators? It is obviously important to those who are members of the STRA to maintain their position as a club with members, but if they were to put on the occasional meeting, and charge entry, it may be financially beneficial for them, and for the fans who would get to see the stars of the future. I'm positive that the same people who volunteer their services at speedway meetings would do the same for the STRA, or if not, club members could do it. Just an idea.

Edited by srbramble

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess they could get around the situation.Maybe by taking voluntary contributions like the Museums did.But i think the BSPA are pretty stringent on these type of thing.Seem to remember Len Silver being at odds with them way back in the 70s when he wanted to run training meetings in the off season against Iwade and Mildenhall. :unsure:

I guess they could get around the situation.Maybe by taking voluntary contributions like the Museums did.But i think the BSPA are pretty stringent on these type of thing.Seem to remember Len Silver being at odds with them way back in the 70s when he wanted to run training meetings in the off season against Iwade and Mildenhall. :unsure:

As I said before...: yes: the BSPA ARE still very stringent about this...!! :rolleyes:

Maybe you hadn't realised......no-one takes much notice of what you post B):lol:

Mostly because the majority of Parsloes's posts are regurgitating the same old mistruths regarding the Oxford v Wimbledon match in 2005, when, in fact, the OSMA were robbed of the bonus point by dodgy refereeing decisions by Ronnie Allan :P

All the best

Rob