British Speedway Forum

I,ve yet to see any news on dates for 2009 is this meeting going same way as the Brighton one ?

I was thinking the same Haza. We went for the first time last year and were planning on returning in 2009.

I heard it wasn't running next year, but can't remember who told me. :blink:

Edited by Shadders

agreed.

Its that fix you need just to keep you going. And with no Brighton in December its all a bit sad.

Am I right in thinking that one meeting a month is approved by the BSPA in the closed season.

If it is, it makes me wonder IF additional months were offered to the promoters and maybe Matt Ford could have run a Valentine Meeting rather than taking the New Year date and running the wroth (sp) of Newport and NYC supporters.

But thats for another thread and I will pop across and politely ask. :wink:

In the meantime I can only assume we wont be going to Telford. :cry:

i phoned the ice rink for a date for the ice speedway for febuary 2009 and the girl who answerd the phone told me sorry the ice speedway is not booked for next year so folks looks like no telford in feb :sad:

i phoned the ice rink for a date for the ice speedway for febuary 2009 and the girl who answerd the phone told me sorry the ice speedway is not booked for next year so folks looks like no telford in feb :sad:

......and as a double confirm - I received an e-mail today saying the same!! :(

So no Brighton, No Telford and no Newport NYC and most importantly no forum gatherings :(:cry:

Yes - I know there is the Poole meeting but it doesnt float my boat at the moment (personal choice) - I prefer a winter season made up of lower order riders and some fun. I may be wrong but I just imagine the Poole meeting being a - pay your money, sit in your seat, watch the meeting and go home again sort of meeting'.

Something about the other three meetings that had a more personal touch.

So no Telford :cry:

Never mind Sandie. There are always the quizzes at Coventry to look forward to....as long as they're not cancelled as well. :neutral:

Never mind Sandie. There are always the quizzes at Coventry to look forward to....as long as they're not cancelled as well. :neutral:

NSSC, Monday 8th December :) I'm already looking forward to it and about to start swotting on the history of the Coventry Bees :D

NSSC, Monday 8th December :) I'm already looking forward to it and about to start swotting on the history of the Coventry Bees :D

and if you need to know what to buy the birthday girl then Im sure Nikki will help you out!!!! :lol:

Gem - I really hope the quizes do happen they were brilliant! :wink::D

Edited by Sandie

And yet, we still won more than Lakeside, so can't be all that bad :D :D

I've checked and I've double checked, yet I still can't find Coventry's name on any of the three major competitions, i.e. the EL, the KO Cup or the ELRC......did you win the Midland Shield or something then? :shock:;)

I've checked and I've double checked, yet I still can't find Coventry's name on any of the three major competitions, i.e. the EL, the KO Cup or the ELRC......did you win the Midland Shield or something then? :shock:;)

Changed my mind Silver Bee - ATTACK BOY!!! :P

Yes - I know there is the Poole meeting but it doesnt float my boat at the moment (personal choice) - I prefer a winter season made up of lower order riders and some fun. I may be wrong but I just imagine the Poole meeting being a - pay your money, sit in your seat, watch the meeting and go home again sort of meeting'.

Like the majority of normal speedway supporters do !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is there not a Circus you could attend? where you would feel more at home :lol::lol::lol:

Edited by andy james