British Speedway Forum

Wild Cards For 09

Harris, Nicholls and some of the foreigners have failed to light any fires, new blood is needed, some said Tai was too young for the WTC, well he showed what some of us knew about him and how lack luster the others were, too young, not enough experience well only time will tell, those that have the experience and have been allowed in have seriously under achieved imo

So you're another saying that Tai should be in the Gps? He'd get bloody mauled :blink:

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you're another saying that Tai should be in the Gps? He'd get bloody mauled :blink:
Maybe maybe not, there's been plenty over the years who've been in that have done squat diddly, about time some took some risks. Some said Casey Stoner was too young for Moto GP, second year in he was World Champ, some also said the same about Lewis Hamilton, i know they're in a different kind of motor sport, but hey give the youngster/youngsters ago.

Although, by his standards, Bomber had a disappointing season I really hope he can come back next year and be as good, if not better, than the 2007 season. I'd love him to add another GP win to the one he already has and shut up a few of the whingers on here.

Although, by his standards, Bomber had a disappointing season I really hope he can come back next year and be as good, if not better, than the 2007 season. I'd love him to add another GP win to the one he already has and shut up a few of the whingers on here.
We'd off loved him to add another one following Cardiff, we'd also have loved him, Scotty, Richardson, Allen, Stead to have done well @ Coventry in the WTC then backed up Tai in Denmark, but hey i expect we expect too much of the ones that always seem to be picked. :unsure:

Talk of riders such as Woffinden getting a GP berth are farcical. He would be half a lap behind.

Hasn't done a single thing, yet, to show he will even make the grade in years to come. Sure he looks like he will be a good rider buut I don't think he will have a near 9 average in 2009 like Holder managed this season. And the powers that be say Holder isn't yet ready!

I mean, to put in Harris over Holder is a sick joke.

Talk of riders such as Woffinden getting a GP berth are farcical. He would be half a lap behind.

Hasn't done a single thing, yet, to show he will even make the grade in years to come. Sure he looks like he will be a good rider buut I don't think he will have a near 9 average in 2009 like Holder managed this season. And the powers that be say Holder isn't yet ready!

As usual enjoy reading Mr Shovlar !!!

But do agree, I am a patriotic Brit speedway fan, but sorry Harris did not warrant a wild card.

It needs to be freshened up a bit and I do like the Russian in and would have been interesteing to see Tai in there ?

Hasn't done a single thing, yet, to show he will even make the grade in years to come

Having Tai in the GP's for 2009 would have been ridiculous but I have to challenge that sentence of yours Steve.

To average 11 in the CL at fifteen years old, then 9 in your first PL season at sixteen suggests that he is super talented. Further strides were taken this year (still just seventeen until recently) with a 10 point PL average, PLRC title, an excellent SWC debut and several decent scores as an EL guest.

Sure he has struggled a bit on the continent but he is still very young and will improve again next year racing against the world's best more frequently. He may not match Noddy's debut EL average next season but don't forget he is two years behind him.

The boy is the real deal and its a shame one or two are questioning this fact because of a bit of over exuberance from the wallies on Sky.

Makes the whole thing a bit of a mockery. Harris must be the luckiest rider to ever get a nomination, seeing that he finished well behind Puk and Bjarne last season.
1 point is now "well behind"? I don't know what Lewis Hamilton was worrying about in the F1, Massa finished "well behind" him in the standings in the end!

What happened to qualifiers?, surely that would be better :rolleyes:

LOL, Bjerrem Ulamek and Walasek have qualifier, only Bjerre will do anything of note. Expect Ulamek and Walasek to throw in the odd ride (similar to Dryml this year) but then the next 4 guys were Iversen, Jedrzejak, Sullivan and Monberg. Thats Iversen who only managed 1 point more than Harris, Jedrzejak who is a reasonable rider but a potential GP winner? No chance (Harris is, he's done it once, why not again?), Sullivan maybe and Monberg was tripe in his last stint in the GP's, he's never been top 8 material and never will be.

I was wondering if I had to pick a top 15 who I'd pick and I'd not have Ulamek, Walasek or Harris. Nicholls just sneaks in too. Jonas Davidsson is a maybe, Sullivan another, Holder is only a maybe. Theres an awful lot of rider who are good in 2 of the 3 main leagues who have a good argument TBH, sald,y Harris, Ulamek and Walasek are not in that list. I've not included rider who have said in the recent past they're not interested in the GP series (other than Holder)

The selection of Harris is high comedy.

I'm a GP fan, but this selection is really beyond defence. The fact he finished behind some riders who have not been selected is the most blatant example of money talking we've seen yet.

Even if it was felt there was nobody outside the GP's worthy of the place, Bjarne and PUK were both more worthy of the spot based on '08.

Shocking :rolleyes:

Holder said he did not want to be considered for the GP, so how can it be a sick joke, Holder did not want ride so hence he has not been chosen.

Of course the inclusion of Bomber Harris is down to the fact that he is British, and the British GP is one of top Grand Prix's, it is the same reason why Freddie Lingren is in to make up the Swedish numbers.

I agree at the moment Tai is not ready, give him two years and I think he will, putting him in now would do him no good, prove of happens when you putting riders in before they are ready look Antoninio Lindback.

people talk about the elite league being a farce this has to be the icing on the cake harris a complete joke i wonder if he feels embarrased but probably not though , just trying to put bums on seats for cardiff i imagine but this is really a poor decison , as for nicholls another back door entry everyone fights to get in the top 8 but he must surely have a good idea every year he will get a wildcard whats this 3rd or 4th year running now must be some serious arse licking going on somewhere !!!!!!!!!!!! not happy :angry:

You talk sense usually Steve, but Tai has done alot more than Holder had done by the same age.

Not saying Tai should be in the GP's, but to dismiss his record at such a young age to get your point across is wrong.

He will go on and be a better rider than Holder in the future.

Edited by Chris

Has Harris changed nationality or something, get behind the brits for godness sake. all them bottom end riders are all much the same anyway what does it matter who's in it! :angry:

Not a question weather hariis is a brit a turk or a yank him being in it is wrong .

No doubt most brits will hope he does well but that not the point .

My top 16 would be........

1.n pedersen

2.Jason crump

3.Leigh Adams

4.greg hancock

5.tomasz gollob

6.andreas jonsson

7.hans andersen

8.jerek hampel

9.bjarne pedersen

10.runa Holta

11.emil the Russian