British Speedway Forum

Italian Gp, Lonigo - 27 September 2008

I will be saddened if Subedei is forced out because of this , although i disagree with the lengths he sometimes goes to :rolleyes:

I should imagine Scotty Nicholls will heave a sigh of relief; after all, he's been the undeserving butt of much vitriol over the years. Why some folks deem it necessary to persistently pick on the people who really make Speedway is beyond me, but whatever floats yer boat.

Edited by BigFatDave

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I should imagine Scotty Nicholls will heave a sigh of relief; after all, he's been the undeserving butt of much vitriol over the years. Why some folks deem it necessary to persistently pick on the people who really make Speedway is beyond me, but whatever floats yer boat.

If Scott gives a rat's ass about one isolated individual's rants on a internet forum, then he really is in trouble.

For what it's worth and back on topic. I went to the GP, was on the back straight and haven't seen it on TV yet. But my thoughts are:

* Ref got most calls spot on, but my first instinct was that Crump was a little fortunate in the Gollob incident

* Scott was great value bar his customary GP cock-up..though I do think he should have thrown caution to the wind in his final ride and gone right out to the boards a la Gollob. He was never going to catch Bjarne by following the same line

* Crump is right...12 points was workable...16 is not

* Track was reasonable..but got a bit slick late on

* Track was reasonable..but got a bit slick late on

I do think the gate 1 bias is unreasonable.When they mentioned the stats on Sky it was something like 13 wins from gate 1 and then 2 or 3 wins from the other gates.That is a huge bias and shouldn't happen.Maybe Olsens idea of staggered start positions would help?But it makes for a big advantage if you meet your main rivals when you are on gate 1

I do think the gate 1 bias is unreasonable.When they mentioned the stats on Sky it was something like 13 wins from gate 1 and then 2 or 3 wins from the other gates.That is a huge bias and shouldn't happen.Maybe Olsens idea of staggered start positions would help?But it makes for a big advantage if you meet your main rivals when you are on gate 1

Was it that bad, cuz? In 2006 I'm sure I saw winners from every lane.

(Disclaimer: I recall I might have been S***faced at the time,)

(So what's new??)

Was it that bad, cuz? In 2006 I'm sure I saw winners from every lane.

(Disclaimer: I recall I might have been S***faced at the time,)

(So what's new??)

Careful, Dave. You don't want me to have to take away your signature, do you? :P