British Speedway Forum

I must admit I was a bit concerned for Tai after his first couple of rides -

Wonder if it was to do with the KFC he was tucking into only an hour before the meeting. :blink:

Not a bad meeting, shame the track was slick and therefore riders had to ride up to the fence to pace.

Cracking crowd, should pay for promoters holiday in Tenerife in November.

Well done tai and see if you can follow Loram to be the only rider to win the PLRC and world championship.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair, I've tried to block both from my memory as I don't like either ;)

Wonder if it was to do with the KFC he was tucking into only an hour before the meeting. :blink:

And the top 3 were all in KFC after the meeting. We know what makes a good speedway rider now, KFC :shock:

Edited by SCB

Must admit i preferred the traditional format 5 rides top scorer wins anybody else agree?

No I think the format as it is is perfect. It gives riders who may have had a stinker in one race a chance to make a mends, just like Tai yesterday. Didnt make the best of starts but once he got going was great. If you are good enough, you would make the final.

No I think the format as it is is perfect. It gives riders who may have had a stinker in one race a chance to make a mends, just like Tai yesterday. Didnt make the best of starts but once he got going was great. If you are good enough, you would make the final.

Actually...Tai would have won after 20 heats yesterday anyway on countback ;)

But I prefer having a final anyway!

I prefer the way it is now too . In the past you had too many meaningless races towards the end of these individual meetings , but having a semi-final and final to aim at keeps the thing alive .

Although give me a league match over one of these anyday .

I prefer the way it is now too . In the past you had too many meaningless races towards the end of these individual meetings , but having a semi-final and final to aim at keeps the thing alive .

Although give me a league match over one of these anyday .

Funny you should say that me and Bluejam were talking about this after the meeting, and both said exactly the same about league speedway.

Funny you should say that me and Bluejam were talking about this after the meeting, and both said exactly the same about league speedway.

Aye sorry i had to shoot away as our bus was leaving straight after the meeting . I'd had enough beer by that time anyway . You'll have to get yourself up to Glasgow next year mate .

Looked forward to Sheffield but personally think it was a bit of a let down, not just because Jason Lyons didn't feature on the rostrum either. But there just didn't seem to be the ooooph I was expecting. The crowds were great looked more like a Brummies away match to be honest there were so many of us there!

Racing was so so, except when Ben Barker was riding dont think I've ever heard a rider boo'd by so many people!

Highlights of the day, getting a cuddle off Spin King, that'll get the tongues wagging, but also got to meet the legendary Shadders and Paulco two extremely nice guys, it was a pleasure talking to you guys!

Oh the whole not a bad day out but not as good as I expected!

Congratulations to Tia a worthy winner indeed , love him or hate him the kid has got talent

Aye sorry i had to shoot away as our bus was leaving straight after the meeting . I'd had enough beer by that time anyway . You'll have to get yourself up to Glasgow next year mate .

No problem mate, I think that I had as well, but it was the frist drink I had had in about a year so I am a bit of a light weight in that department, like you say I am going to have to get up to Ashifeld next year.

Good to have a little natter with ya again Paul.

Your old codger Parker didn't do too badly eh! :wink::lol:

Reckon he shoulda been in that Final with young Ben, even if a certain fraternity around the 1st turn didn't quite take to the lad :rolleyes: .

Woulda been great a final with Parker, Barker & who else is there rhymes with it, uhh dunno. :lol:

Good to have a little natter with ya again Paul.

Your old codger Parker didn't do too badly eh! :wink::lol:

Reckon he shoulda been in that Final with young Ben, even if a certain fraternity around the 1st turn didn't quite take to the lad :rolleyes: .

Woulda been great a final with Parker, Barker & who else is there rhymes with it, uhh dunno. :lol:

Aye , young Ben was certainly getting some stick . Must be a Sheffield/Stoke thing cause Moggo used to get booed at the PLRC as well . Ben certainly answered the boo boys in the best possible way - winning races .

I think the result should have been

1st Tai

2nd Nemo

3rd Barker

4th Buynan

Not sure where Doyle or Rymel came from, I must have missed their races chatting the glasgow fans.

I never saw the text Toni sent me till i was out of the stadium , so i never got across to say hello . Will catch up one of these meetings . :approve:

1st Tai

2nd Nemo

3rd Barker

4th Buynan

Not sure where Doyle or Rymel came from, I must have missed their races chatting the glasgow fans.

Biased I am but that's laughable

And Rymel came from about 30 yards behind to pass Doyle of gate four to pass Parker and Doolan. :wink:

Edited by wjm

Surprised no one appears to have commented on the two high speed crashes-Andre,Kaukko and Ben were really fortunate to escape injury.I was very dissapointed with the racing-ive seen terrific meetings at sheffield in the past but the riders all afternoon seemed to struggle to get close to the riders ahead of them.

Correct . The Kauko / Barker one could have been really nasty . While Andre just seemed to clip the fence while chasing Shane Parker . Both crashes were caused just by riders trying too hard to get close to the riders ahead of them . Like you say riders were struggling to get close to the riders ahead of them , and on a track with a huge bias towards the inside gates , gating was the be all and end all most of the time yesterday .

1st Tai

2nd Nemo

3rd Barker

4th Buynan

barker was lucky to get to the semi, without the extra points he scored because riders fell he would only have scored 7

no problem with the other 3 though

1st Tai

2nd Nemo

3rd Barker

4th Buynan

Rymel was joint top scorer before the semis :blink: Agree though that Nemo deserved to come out higher, as did Bunyan.

Aye , young Ben was certainly getting some stick . Must be a Sheffield/Stoke thing cause Moggo used to get booed at the PLRC as well . Ben certainly answered the boo boys in the best possible way - winning races .

Nope no problem with Ben from us, AFAIK he's done nothing to upset us as Sheffield so I'm guessing it was his very well-known reputation. :rolleyes:

Correct . The Kauko / Barker one could have been really nasty . While Andre just seemed to clip the fence while chasing Shane Parker . Both crashes were caused just by riders trying too hard to get close to the riders ahead of them . Like you say riders were struggling to get close to the riders ahead of them , and on a track with a huge bias towards the inside gates , gating was the be all and end all most of the time yesterday .

In the Compton crash Barker was so close to him he couldnt avoid contact-could so easily have been so much worse.