British Speedway Forum

Neil Collins Farewell Meeting

Dare I say, forecast for the Buxton and Stoke areas has considerably perked up this morning according to the sainted Met Office.. :shock:

Hopefully, then, a good day to do what I'm planing: the little-mentioned final round of the Under-15s championship at Hi Edge and then over to Loomer Rd. for Neil's meeting... :approve:

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the updates site? If so, could you please either leave a message here or send me an email or pm.

Thanks

As a kid (probably about 7), I remember presenting Neil Collins with a rider of the night trophy at Derwent Park, and on another occasion doing a lap on the back of his bike :approve:

And I was delighted when he came back to Workington to ride for the Comets a few years ago, still as exciting to watch as ever, as the above was one of my first memories of speedway.

So I really hope tonight is a big success for him, good racing, good crowd and, hopefully, he can fill his boots :lol:

One coreection to the updates.

See heat 14:

Heat 14: Branney, Burrows, Richardson, Allott F 2-4 49-34 73.5

Richardson for Aidan Moore ex on 2 mins Allott in. Allott fell bend 3 lap 4 while 3rd

It wasn't Adam who fell but sadly Buzz who was clear in 2nd. at the time.. :cry:

I know coz I bought Buzz's race jacket in the auction and it was caked in the finest Loomer Rd. mush after his untimely tumble!! :rolleyes:

Very entertaining meeting; thoroughly enjoyable and a good crowd to give Neil the send off he deserved!! :approve:

The Light and Sound system on the backstraight at stoke was not the best and it was easy to make a mistake about Burrows and Allott just be thankful we have people are willing to text from tracks for people who cant make it.

I agree.

And the poster did a marvellous job, getting even the Short Track results in... :wink::approve:

As for the back-straight..: why, the lighting's so poor there I'm amazed they could even see their mobile let alone what was happening on the track!!! :lol:

I was confused with the finishing order in the Collins Family race. I actually thought at the time Chris was second...: can anyone confirm the actual finishing positions in that one... :oops: