British Speedway Forum

Ice Racing 2009

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Thilo and Ottie have made a mistake, as the line up box shows 7 teams.

Tried ringing Graham Halsall, but I can't get a reply, and Roger Newton hasn't rang me back. Where is Mark when you need him? :lol:

Speedway.org shows the Brits but we haven't heard anything official yet. Still waiting!!!!!!

So have they changed the format?Why only 6 teams when there are normally 7.And if there are 7,who are the 7th team?I would guess Austria.But on speedway.org they have CZ missing and GB in :blink:

Team WM

Oops my bad, this is what I got from the FIM:

CZ - GER - NL - RUS - AUT - FIN - SWE

Edited by DutchGrasstrack

Seems odd that the track may be suddenly (?) unsuitable and doesn't meet requirements. I thought they staged the European Final there a couple of years ago (2006 ?). Nothing to do with the fact that Flims have been forced to cancel the qualifier then?

2005, I think.

But Thomas Schiffner (the organizer of the race in Erfurt) writes that "for contractual reasons, there will be no races at all in Erfurt in 2009"... I wonder what this contract is about! :blink: And maybe also why they didn't mention (or know, or remember? :unsure:) this earlier...

Edited by Joni

But Thomas Schiffner (the organizer of the race in Erfurt) writes that "for contractual reasons, there will be no races at all in Erfurt in 2009"... I wonder what this contract is about! :blink: And maybe also why they didn't mention (or know, or remember? :unsure:) this earlier...

Just had a read of that Joni, not very convincing on his part.

Also looks like they are having the Sanok qualifier over two days now, with the Sanok Cup on the Saturday, and the qualifier being Sunday and Monday!

Next weekend at Funäsdalen/Sweden 32 iceracing rider take part at a trainingscamp. Also 4 rider from GB take part:

Mark Uzzel, Roger Newton, Rob Irving and Kevin Rowand.

Also 12 rider from Sweden, 2 from Norway, 3 from Netherlands, 7 from Poland, 3 from Switzerland and 1 from Germany.

Is the season looking so bad that the riders taking part in a training camp are worthy of news :rolleyes::unsure::blink::lol:

You have been taking tips from f-s-p,Jacky!! We normally get exclusive news when any Finnish rider gets a belly ache :wink:

Edited by iris123

Spoke to Roger Newton this afternoon, he sets off tomorrow to get the Harwich - Hook ferry then will be driving up to Sweden alone. He tells me Graham won't be going for personal reasons, which I'm assuming will be the recent arrival.

Anyway, the Russian Championship quarter finals are next weekend, so it's over to Babelfish reading about how many glasses a Pavel Seagull collects :lol: (Mind you Google's translator is convinced that Bolton have an Ice Speedway team in the Swedish league)

Updated FIM Ice Racing Calendar

504/1 - 11.01.2009 - FIM Ice Racing WC Qualifying Round 1 - Saalfelden (Austria)

504/2 - 17-18.01.2009 - FIM Ice Racing WC Qualifying Round 2 - Togliatti (Russia)

504/3 - 25-26.01.2009 - FIM Ice Racing WC Qualifying Round 3 - Sanok (Poland)

504/4 - 07-08.02.2009 - FIM Ice Racing WC Final 1 - Krasnogorsk (Russia)

504/5 - 14-15.02.2009 - FIM Ice Racing WC Final 2 - Ufa (Russia)

504/6 - 07-08.03.2009 - FIM Ice Racing WC Final 3 - Berlin Wilmersdorf (Germany)

504/7 - 14-15.03.2009 - FIM Ice Racing WC Final 4 - Assen (The Netherlands)

You have been taking tips from f-s-p,Jacky!! We normally get exclusive news when any Finnish rider gets a belly ache :wink:

...and you dare writing to me at home asking why I'm ignoring you... :blink:

Is the whole EC lot now cancelled or what? isracing.net doesn't even give it a mention at all...

Edited by f-s-p

Is the whole EC lot now cancelled or what? isracing.net doesn't even give it a mention at all...

Nikolai Ermolenko writes on the Russian speedway forum that the EC for junior riders probably will be postponed till 2010, and that Saransk will organize the final for the EC.