British Speedway Forum

Ice Racing 2009

Thanks for that Rob, a problem with my Spreadsheet, on Khomitsevich, but with only three riders in the Round 6 Berlin D Final, I can't see how they could award 3 points to Simon, but they did.

Indeed they did. Without FIM releasing intermediate standings during the week too for us to check things out! :wink:

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed they did. Without FIM releasing intermediate standings during the week too for us to check things out! :wink:

The general rule of thumb seems to be whether the rider qualified for the finals or not. If they did, they get the points. If they didn't (such as Vitali Khomitsevich on Saturday, who was outscored by Sven Holstein - good prospect, that lad), then they don't get the points.

Incidentally, how many rides did Harold Simon take yesterday. Was it one or two? I noticed it was Lindstrom in Heat 32, but Lehtinen was first reserve, so I would have expected him to take the first reserve ride. Was it Simon or Lehtinen who ran a last in Heat 26?

All the best

Rob

Whilst I agree with you Rob, I looked at the final chart from Berlin, which didn't mention Simon having ridden. But he appears to have had the points added since Sunday (as f-s-p pointed out).

Just had a look at my pics and in Heat 26 Lehtinen rode in blue (Orange bike with black checks on front guard), and white in Ht 36. Lindstrom rode in Yellow Heat 32 (blue leathers) and again in Heat 40 in white.

Simon's bike was sky blue with an orange stripe along the top of the guards, and he took his first ride but withdrew. I didn't have a chance to speak to him but he was looking a little under the weather on Sunday around the end of the heats and he was out of his leathers. Mind you he did bounce up the embankment at Berlin with some force last week!

Just had a look at my pics and in Heat 26 Lehtinen rode in blue (Orange bike with black checks on front guard), and white in Ht 36. Lindstrom rode in Yellow Heat 32 (blue leathers) and again in Heat 40 in white.

Simon's bike was sky blue with an orange stripe along the top of the guards, and he took his first ride but withdrew. I didn't have a chance to speak to him but he was looking a little under the weather on Sunday around the end of the heats and he was out of his leathers. Mind you he did bounce up the embankment at Berlin with some force last week!

Conkers, thanks - yes I missed Lehtinen in Heat 26, but when I spotted Lindstrom in Heat 32, I guessed Lehtinen was in the earlier race.

These Ice Racers are tough - another example being Vitali Khomitsevich who took a right pearler yesterday on top of his Saturday crash, but still completed the meeting.

All the best

Rob

But you forgot this one, that seems to be one of yours, and I think sums up the weekend.....

Spectacular

That's certainly a nice one, but unsharp and a bit too dark.

I'm very critical about my work and I only want to show pictures that are good enough for a display on my website.

That's why the Khometsevitsch crash isn't online.

That's certainly a nice one, but unsharp and a bit too dark.

I'm very critical about my work and I only want to show pictures that are good enough for a display on my website.

That's why the Khometsevitsch crash isn't online.

I think that you are being too critical of yourself. In my opinion this is an excellent shop that captures the action as it was

It's the last meeting of the season in Norway on Saturday 21.3 and this is the line up:

1 Stefan Pletschacher GER

2 Johan Lundkvist SWE

3 Per-Anders Lindstrøm SWE

4 Rene Stellingwerf NED

5 Miroslaw Daniszewski POL

6 Ketil Skarpnord NOR

7 Heinz Göldi SUI

8 Jouni Seppanen FIN

9 Peter Koij SWE

10 Peter Jansson SWE

11 Espen Berglund NOR

12 Christoph Kirchner GER

13 Jan Klatovsky CZE

14 Jo Sætre NOR

15 Mark Uzzel GBR

16 Antonin Klatovsky CZE

RES.

17 TBA NO

18 TBA NO

Should be a good meeting.

ALSO I bumped into a chap from Ipswich on Friday at Assen who was looking for the Assen Motorclub secretary. He was telling me that they plan to build a big snowpark in Ipswich on the site of a former concrete works, which will include a ski slope (like Manchesters Chill Factor E) and a 400 meter Speed Skating track. I asked Russell Large from Travel Plus about it Saturday, and he confirmed they are building it and it's potential title is "Snoasis"

Anyway it appears that this chap intends to approach the developers with a view to staging Ice Racing there, and was seeking the help of Motorclub Assen in preparing the case, who I understand are keen to help.

So it looks like there is the chance we may finally have an Ice Racing Track in the UK.

(And I have checked - April 1st is a few weeks away)

ALSO I bumped into a chap from Ipswich on Friday at Assen who was looking for the Assen Motorclub secretary. He was telling me that they plan to build a big snowpark in Ipswich on the site of a former concrete works, which will include a ski slope (like Manchesters Chill Factor E) and a 400 meter Speed Skating track. I asked Russell Large from Travel Plus about it Saturday, and he confirmed they are building it and it's potential title is "Snoasis"

Anyway it appears that this chap intends to approach the developers with a view to staging Ice Racing there, and was seeking the help of Motorclub Assen in preparing the case, who I understand are keen to help.

So it looks like there is the chance we may finally have an Ice Racing Track in the UK.

I really hope this happens - Ice Racing in Britain would be fantastic. :approve:

All the best

Rob

It's the last meeting of the season in Norway on Saturday 21.3 and this is the line up:

1 Stefan Pletschacher GER

2 Johan Lundkvist SWE

3 Per-Anders Lindstrøm SWE

4 Rene Stellingwerf NED

5 Miroslaw Daniszewski POL

6 Ketil Skarpnord NOR

7 Heinz Göldi SUI

8 Jouni Seppanen FIN

9 Peter Koij SWE

10 Peter Jansson SWE

11 Espen Berglund NOR

12 Christoph Kirchner GER

13 Jan Klatovsky CZE

14 Jo Sætre NOR

15 Mark Uzzel GBR

16 Antonin Klatovsky CZE

RES.

17 TBA NO

18 TBA NO

Should be a good meeting.

Just receive SMS from Henrik Bauer Hansen (organizer of the competition in Oslo). The competition is cancelled due to bad ice conditions!

Result Örebro international iceracing competition 17th march 2009:

A-Final

1. Antonin Klatovsky, CZ

2. Eduard Krisov, RUS

3. Rene Stellingwerf, NL, fell/excluded

4. Stanislav Arkhipov, RUS, retired

B-Final:

1. Antonin Klatovsky,CZ (going to the A-Final)

2. Per Bruhn, S

3. Sven Holstein, NL

4. Peter Koij, S

Points after 20 heats:

1. Stanislav Arkhipov, RUS, 15

2. Eduard Krisov, RUS, 14

3. Rene Stellingwerf, NL, 12

4. Antonin Klatovsky, CZ, 12

5. Peter Koij, S, 9

6. Sven Holstein, NL, 8

7. Per Bruhn, S, 8

8. Patrik Sohlberg, S, 8

9. Fredrik Johansson, S, 8

10. Per-Anders Lindström, S, 7

11. Tommy Flyktman, FIN, 7

12. Hans-Olov Olsén, S, 4

13. Peter Jansson, S, 4

14. Andrej Divis, CZ, 2

15. Heinz Göldi, CH, 1

16. Andreas Forsell, S, 1

17. Mark Uzzel, GB and Miroslaw Daniszewski, PL 0

found on www.vikingarna.se

SM-Final Uppsala

Last iceracing competition this season was held today in Uppsala, where they find out the swedish individual iceracing champion 2009. Brilliant finish for Posa.

Posa Serenius has won it. It was his 20th individual swedish title!!!

6699 public!!!

A-Final:

1. Posa Serenius

2. Fredrik Johansson

3. Per-Anders Lindström

4. Peter Koij

B-Final:

1. Fredrik Johansson

2. Johan Lundkvist

3. Tobias Aström

4. Gösta Sundelin

Standing after 20 heats:

Posa Serenius 3-3-3-3-3 = 15

Per-Anders Lindström 3-2-3-3-2 = 13

Peter Koij 2-3-3-3-1 = 12

Johan Lundkvist 3-0-1-3-3 = 10

Tobias Aström 3-0-2-2-3 = 10

Fredrik Johansson 2-2-2-2-2= 10

Gösta Sundelin 1-1-3-2-2 = 9

Torleif Burman 2-3-2-EX-DNR= 7

Patrik Sohlberg 0-1-1-2-3 = 7

Ulf Ledström 1-3-0-F/EX-1 = 5

Magnus Lundgren 2-2-1-EX-0 = 5

Hans-Olov Olsén 1-0-2-1-1 = 5

Lars Ringbert 0-2-0-1-1 = 4

Mats Svensson 1-1-1-1-0 = 4

Leif Bertilsson 0-EX-0-2 = 2

Robert Gjersvold F-1-T/EX0-0 = 1

Roger Nordmark 0-1-0 = 1

Per Bruhn F-0-DNR-DNR-DNR = 0

Well done to POSA!!!! 61 & still winning..Amazing!!

Talking of Posa, Has anybody else watched the icy riders DVD ? I've got around to watching most of it but not all, and I have to say that I was pretty impressed with it. It certainly gives an insight into the world that guys like Posa inhabit. Well worth a look in my humble opinion